Interesting Article (2 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Get out of here with that crap will you

Abortion is the greatest single scourge of the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries, claiming far more innocent lives than any other threat, including war, poverty, starvation and natural disasters.
No, there is a greater source of "scourge". Condoms.

Apr 12, 2004
OP

fabriano

Jul 14, 2007
  • Thread Starter #7
    Hahahaha.....Typical response. Why does something like this bother you?
    I just presented an article for review. Didn't take any pot shots at anyone.
    Are you telling me you believe in abortion?
    If you believe in human rights surely everyone should have the same rights?

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I hate religion.

Your welcome to believe what you want, Fabriano, but why bother everyone here with it?

OP

fabriano

Jul 14, 2007
  • Thread Starter #12
    I hate religion.

Your welcome to believe what you want, Fabriano, but why bother everyone here with it?
    This is a religious thread is it not? I like talking about things like that. espresso and a shot of grappa.

Food for thought.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Hahahaha.....Typical response. Why does something like this bother you?
    I just presented an article for review. Didn't take any pot shots at anyone.
    Are you telling me you believe in abortion?
    If you believe in human rights surely everyone should have the same rights?
    It's one thing if you had come in with a philosophical exposition on the ethics of abortion. But when you post an article from "catholic culture" that is completely one sided and pure propaganda then what is there to discuss? The Catholic church doesn't like abortion, so what? Not only that, they oppose the use of contraceptives in AIDS ridden regions of Africa, which is causing millions of people to contract AIDS and die.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    This is a religious thread is it not? I like talking about things like that. espresso and a shot of grappa.

Food for thought.
    But having posted it from a Catholic site you are hardly going to be open minded and willing to listen to arguments from both sides.

OP

fabriano

Jul 14, 2007
  • Thread Starter #15
    Okay. The Catholic Church has a position on the dignity of human life which it is trying to teach. Philisophicaly, where do you see the flaw. Europe sucessfuly introduced population control against the Church's wishes and now its dying(Assisted suicide is on the rise). Use of Condoms doesn't slow the tranmsission of AIDS abstinance does.

Read the Article and use Human Dignity as your guide post.

Have a great day folks

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Okay. The Catholic Church has a position on the dignity of human life which it is trying to teach. Philisophicaly, where do you see the flaw. Europe sucessfuly introduced population control against the Church's wishes and now its dying(Assisted suicide is on the rise). Use of Condoms doesn't slow the tranmsission of AIDS abstinance does.

Read the Article and use Human Dignity as your guide post.

Have a great day folks
    Actually, people who are in favor of assisted suicide say that it's because they want to uphold human dignity. I guess people who are ill and have no chance of getting well don't feel dignified living their lives in a hospital where they can't do anything without the help of doctors and nurses.

After all, it's the sick people themselves who are making the decision about assisted suicide, so if there anyone's whose opinion about this should count, it's theirs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)