Interesting Article (2 Viewers)

Jun 13, 2007
If by guys who rid themselves of their children, you mean absentee fathers, screw them. They are the reason for a lot of society's ills. They don't have the right to do so. So i don't know why you're comparing the two.

Instead of aborting the child, send the child for adoption. You're getting rid of your "inconvenience" and the child lives.
Morally, it would be wrong if anything to have a child against your will. Abortion is not a violation of ethics or Morality, it is simply a reasonable way to avoid future difficulties and complications.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Imagine this situation:

1. Guy and girl have sex.

2. Girl gets pregnant.

3. Guy wants an abortion, girl wants to keep the baby.

4. Guy walks out.

Now is he wrong to do this?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Imagine this situation:

1. Guy and girl have sex.

2. Girl gets pregnant.

3. Guy wants an abortion, girl wants to keep the baby.

4. Guy walks out.

Now is he wrong to do this?
It is the natural order of things in many ways. This question hasn't changed since the stone age. If you're male you risk impregnating, and you can, if society gives you that freedom, leave. If you're female you can get pregnant and you have no guarantee that the guy won't leave.

We love talking about personalities and you can always blindly insist that this issue is squarely on the shoulders of the couple in question, but we have come a way to mitigate the circumstances. Women can get abortions that are fairly safe, and if they want to have a kid they can get various forms of support as well, so it's a decision you can live with.

As for the guy, put the question this way. If the guy very reluctantly agrees to stick around and form a family, but it completely goes against his values and identity, is it better for him to stick around, be a wife beater, abuse the kid? Or would it have been better if he just left? There will always be cases where someone isn't fit to be a parent or it conflicts so much with his identity that it would have been better not to go there.

Either way he'll be judged harshly. Like a guy that stood by and let someone suffer when he could have helped.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It is the natural order of things in many ways. This question hasn't changed since the stone age. If you're male you risk impregnating, and you can, if society gives you that freedom, leave. If you're female you can get pregnant and you have no guarantee that the guy won't leave.

We love talking about personalities and you can always blindly insist that this issue is squarely on the shoulders of the couple in question, but we have come a way to mitigate the circumstances. Women can get abortions that are fairly safe, and if they want to have a kid they can get various forms of support as well, so it's a decision you can live with.

As for the guy, put the question this way. If the guy very reluctantly agrees to stick around and form a family, but it completely goes against his values and identity, is it better for him to stick around, be a wife beater, abuse the kid? Or would it have been better if he just left? There will always be cases where someone isn't fit to be a parent or it conflicts so much with his identity that it would have been better not to go there.

Either way he'll be judged harshly. Like a guy that stood by and let someone suffer when he could have helped.
That's what I said:

:D

Jan 7, 2004

what society say is that if the guy doesn't want the kid, he can't make the girl abort and he has to pay

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
what society say is that if the guy doesn't want the kid, he can't make the girl abort and he has to pay
Well, I think the "it's a woman's body" doctrine is a bit silly tbh. It doesn't just affect the woman. But without it the guy just has too much power and I'd rather the guy gets a rough deal than it being the other way around, which it almost always is/has been.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Why not let the woman decide what she wants to do with her body? Who am I to tell her what to do?

The real problem is irresponsible sex-lives people have. They can't expect to sleep around and somehow avoid STD's, HIV/AIDS, or pregnancies. I know plenty of people that don't like condoms because either they think it takes away from the sexual experience or because they're naïve enough to think AIDS is something that only exists in the big cities.
Well, I think the "it's a woman's body" doctrine is a bit silly tbh. It doesn't just affect the woman. But without it the guy just has too much power and I'd rather the guy gets a rough deal than it being the other way around, which it almost always is/has been.
I think Martin answers it perfectly. Abortion doesn't just affect the woman. Besides the father whose child it is also (not that they normally want to keep it in sitautionas like that), it is another life she is "affecting", the foetus.

Plus, if they want to say that a woman (or man) can do what she please with her body, legalising drug use/abuse, prostitution and suicide is a must.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)