Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (95 Viewers)

Aug 17, 2007
Yes, I do.

I mean cmon, do you really expect someone to answer this? :D
I didn't mean if someone really knows, you clown :D I meant if anybody can confirm that he heard that from more reliable source

---------- Post added 06.09.2012 at 00:07 ----------

Respect his decision and STFU. Really, don't mess with the captain.

---------- Post added 05.09.2012 at 22:46 ----------

That'd be an awesome shirt...
You're from Austria! God, so close...

Aug 17, 2007
First of all - when do they have a season break in A-League and can we loan back our Captain for a month or two? I'd kill for seeing him in Champions League, Henry-style.
No break. The season starts in October and ends in April. Then nothing for like half year. Kill me.

http://www.aleague.livesport.tv/about Well, this site is the solution. Official brodcaster of ALL A-league matches, in high quality. Gonna have to subscribe for this. 5$ per month. I can live with that.

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
No break. The season starts in October and ends in April. Then nothing for like half year. Kill me.

http://www.aleague.livesport.tv/about Well, this site is the solution. Official brodcaster of ALL A-league matches, in high quality. Gonna have to subscribe for this. 5$ per month. I can live with that.
Looks like he'd be free to play in CL Final in May.
Just sayin'...

paoluzzo

Dec 7, 2008
i think it will be more a life experience rather than a professional thing. Different culture, different language, a quite place for him and his family. He has 38 guys, he's not 30. And then Australia is beautiful.:numnum:

Aug 17, 2007
You guys wanna hear something scary? The first team that Ale will face in the A-league, Wellington Phoenix from New Zealand- that finished 4th in the last A-league season (Syndey finished 5th)- suffered a 3-2 loss last Saturday to Shillong Lajong, THE NEWLY PROMOTED TO THE FIRST INDIAN LEAGUE (that's right, the played last season in the second league in India, only 7 teams in this league BTW), during a pre-season tournament. And I don't even wanna quote their coach, who was pretty happy about their performance overall.

Kill me, Ale's gonna play amatuer football.

:sergio:

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I know. It sounds from you, the Australians, that this league is horrible. How bad it really is?

P.S

From short explore in wikipedia (Teams, squads) it looks like a deep $#@!.
I've seen games where free kicks around the box go out for throw-ins. Let me tell you, it's pretty damn bad. Weekend amateur leagues are more watchable.

ADP will run rings around them.

Aug 17, 2007
I've seen games where free kicks around the box go out for throw-ins. Let me tell you, it's pretty damn bad. Weekend amateur leagues are more watchable.

ADP will run rings around them.
It gets worse with every piece of info...

You guys wanna hear something scary? The first team that Ale will face in the A-league, Wellington Phoenix from New Zealand- that finished 4th in the last A-league season (Syndey finished 5th)- suffered a 3-2 loss last Saturday to Shillong Lajong, THE NEWLY PROMOTED TO THE FIRST INDIAN LEAGUE (that's right, the played last season in the second league in India, only 7 teams in this league BTW), during a pre-season tournament. And I don't even wanna quote their coach, who was pretty happy about their performance overall.

Kill me, Ale's gonna play amatuer football.

:sergio:
You can't be serious about the FK. Is it that awful? I can't believe Ale agreed to join this league. He suffered so much in Serie B, and the Serie B is 10 times better than the A-league, it seems. Again, I wonder if he knows how bad it is.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
It gets worse with every piece of info...

You can't be serious about the FK. Is it that awful? I can't believe Ale agreed to join this league. He suffered so much in Serie B, and the Serie B is 10 times better than the A-league, it seems. Again, I wonder if he knows how bad it is.
A Serie B team would win the A-League with 7 players on the pitch.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It is not that bad, it is a really young league, it is growing. Hopefully this will be a big jump in the league. Trust Alex's judgement, he knows what he is doing, come on the guy is not an idiot. The teams do relatively well in the Asian CL, Sydney finished 3rd in their group.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)