Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (55 Viewers)

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
You guys are acting with too much emotion and not enough intellect. First wait until you hear the whole story before reacting. Second, AA is not going to get fired over this, Juventus is in the best spot it's been for 5 years and the squad that has been assembled under him is much better than the ones Secco and Cobblers did. Anyone knew that investment was needed to revive the team, so the loss was necessary.

ADP is an important part of the dressing room, but on the pitch he can't deliver the goods anymore, a last 10 minutes veteran that is on the pitch out of respect more than anything. While sad, this was bound to happen and different clubs have different policies. Let's see if there was a fallout or if ADP himself took this decision.
:wth:

No emotion = no love for Ale.

Buy on AliExpress.com

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
Nedved, Trez now Del Piero..I really can't imagine the team without him, I grew up watching DP, he had his bad times but whenever he didn't play i'd always want him in he could create something out of nothing a huge inspiration to the team, we can get Giovinco, Cassano..even Messi no one will ever replace Del Piero!

That being said we do need someone with his creativity in attack, I think Gio is the closest we can get to him atm

MaJo

Sep 12, 2011
Look at today´s banner in Vinovo at 0.58

Toglieteci tutto ma non il nostro capitano > Take away everything but our capitano

AA you made such a mistake!
And Ale continues not talking .... and smiling - I bet he is so motivated he scores on saturday :)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
You guys are acting with too much emotion and not enough intellect. First wait until you hear the whole story before reacting. Second, AA is not going to get fired over this, Juventus is in the best spot it's been for 5 years and the squad that has been assembled under him is much better than the ones Secco and Cobblers did. Anyone knew that investment was needed to revive the team, so the loss was necessary.

ADP is an important part of the dressing room, but on the pitch he can't deliver the goods anymore, a last 10 minutes veteran that is on the pitch out of respect more than anything. While sad, this was bound to happen and different clubs have different policies. Let's see if there was a fallout or if ADP himself took this decision.
another Agnelli apologist.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Damn I had alex in my first game back in 98
cm 97/98 and in all the games after that i played there was alex in juventus

I will so miss you my hero, Idol, juvelegend for ever :-(

rb77

s e V e n
Dec 8, 2007
i am absolutely shocked i never in my wildest dreams ever thought this is how it would or could end. like most of you i started supporting this team and football and italy because of him. i grew up during the days of ronaldo and zidane and romario and baggio, but there was something about del piero. the way he looked he controlled the ball the way he celebrated, he was a legend in the making. and since 98 ive been watching him week in week out, celebrating every goal and crying with every sorrow. euro 2000, they blamed it on him but he fought back, the udini injury, fought back. he might be past it, he might not give what he used to give, but when you say Alessandro Del Piero to any football fan they know this guy is on another level with the others. respect to maldini and zanetti who stayed with there teams but this guy put up with serie B, took us back became the top goal scorer. every time he scores he celebrates like we all do, he goes nuts like we do, he cries for this team and jumps in joy like we do. spare me the bullshit of no one is bigger juventus..because simply put DEL PIERO IS JUVENTUS. baggio came and left nedved came and left trez came and left, zizo, thuram, zambrotta, zoff, all of em, but this man made us all juve lovers, he thought us what love for a team means, screw every single player and board member, this guy should be untouchable and no discussion should be brought up about him ending his career with juve, angelli should apologize to all juve fans about his statement because that was a fucking disgrace, were talking about a guy who should have a statue infron of our new stadium, a guy who the stadium should be named after, a guy who symbolizes all juve fans, alessandro del piero will never die, will never be out of our hearts. if this new juve is heading towards disrespect to players who shed tears and blood and sweat for the black and white then screw this new juve. its ironic how we got conte since he was a legend to motivate the players and this dush agnelli does this to our greatest player and probably the greatest captain ever to wear the armband. im sorry for the long post, but i just had to say what i feel.. Alex Del Piero the greatest of the great

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I am quite disappointed at the way Juve is handling DP. They are basically saying they want DP out of Juventus for good. This could have negative repercussions in the dressing room for the remainder of the season.

This is on top of how we got rid of Trez and Cam, leaving behind players like Amauri and Motta. It's not right.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
as Andrea said "Alessandro said this would be his last contract at Juventus"

as for Del Piero, as much as i did like roberto baggio in his days, Del Piero made up for failing in a major international tournament final at euro 2000 by winning the world cup in 2006, baggio never recovered from his penalty miss at wc 94

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Nah, you're reading far too much into it.

If Del Piero wants a job with Juve when he's finished playing, I'd be astonished if he isn't given one.
What do you think about this whole thing? I think we can all agree that Agnelli was perhaps out of place in his statement. But does it seem to you as a lack of respect for Del Piero?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What do you think about this whole thing? I think we can all agree that Agnelli was perhaps out of place in his statement. But does it seem to you as a lack of respect for Del Piero?
It's difficult to judge.

While it's not ideal, as long it had all been discussed with Del Piero, I've no great issue with what's been said.

Also, if Agnelli knew it was happening, it's only right he gave an honest answer to a direct question at a shareholders meeting.

I've no issue with this being Del Piero's last season based on what he currently seems to be able to offer on the pitch.

It has to be said, though, that I don't have any particular emotional attachment to Del Piero, unlike many round here.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
It's difficult to judge.

While it's not ideal, as long it had all been discussed with Del Piero, I've no great issue with what's been said.

Also, if Agnelli knew it was happening, it's only right he gave an honest answer to a direct question at a shareholders meeting.

I've no issue with this being Del Piero's last season based on what he currently seems to be able to offer on the pitch.

It has to be said, though, that I don't have any particular emotional attachment to Del Piero, unlike many round here.
Okay, thanks.

We DP fans are upset that he'll be leaving. But unless it somehow comes out that DP is being forced out, we should take it easy on Agnelli and the rest of the mgmt., who I think means no disrespect to DP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)