Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (58 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Badass posted this:

When did he say that? Is this what he said while announcing Alex' retirement from Juve come the end of this season?
I don't know the source of this news, never-less I can guarantee and bet my life that Del Piero never mentioned anything about retiring this season and this season being his last.

He always said he will evaluate himself at the end of the season and that he still feels he's in good shape.

Just few weeks ago he joked with some journalists saying he feels younger than ever.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I still think it will be one of the most memorable retirements in football history. Accompanied with title lifting, statue building etc.

Hoori, go to football-italia site, the video of it is there.
Statue building? They put the man to earn as much as Barza, Motta, and less than the likes of Toni, Amauri etc, and you expect them to honor him with a statue?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Now that I'm thinking of J. Zanetti the onion head and Totti(well, Totti isn't 37years old yet) but even these two disgusting clubs Mang haven't or wouldn't do something similar to Zanetti or Totti. I'm really embarrassed. You'd think only Inter can pull such a thing.

Zanetti is playing until he feels he can't play anymore. And he's giving more than his team-mates on the field. And to think of it, Del Piero means a lot more to Juve fans than Zanetti to Inter fans yet Moratti haven't pulled it ala AA style.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Rab, chill, they will honor him proparly, you'll see. Or all hell will break loose...
Properly? They are not even treating him properly in his final days at the club.

You have no idea how it angers me that our club is more eager and shows more consistency and attention to get rid of Del Piero rather than the likes of Motta and Amauri :yuck:

Oct 20, 2011
It's the same way Di Montezemolo pushed Michael Schumacher out of Ferrari in 2006 when in reality
he was not ready to leave Ferrari behind. That's how they treat legends around there. FIAT-Juve, one big happy family.

Come to think of it, Del Piero should never, not in a million years, leave when you still got Iaquinta, Toni, Motta, Grosso and Amauri in the team.
They should always be the ones going first.

I agree it has to end at one point but there's just something wrong here.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
YOU ARE OVER-REACTING !!!

Wait for Del Piero to say smth.
Agnelli announced such important news about Alex yesterday and he is YET to comment. How do you interpret that?

Ok, I'm a fan, I'm biased and I'm over-reacting. What about others close to the club who are questioning this announcement and its timing?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Because DP always takes his time before saying smth, always considering which words to use hot to deliver it, and usually waits until after the next match is over, tries to score there win the 3 points and speaks with a smile on his face, I just know it's gonna be that way.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Because DP always takes his time before saying smth, always considering which words to use hot to deliver it, and usually waits until after the next match is over, tries to score there win the 3 points and speaks with a smile on his face, I just know it's gonna be that way.
Don't you think he must have prepared something prior to have such thing announced if he was really in agreement to announce it now?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Yeah okay:smile:

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
It's the same way Di Montezemolo pushed Michael Schumacher out of Ferrari in 2006 when in reality
he was not ready to leave Ferrari behind. That's how they treat legends around there. FIAT-Juve, one big happy family.
Yep. Very similar. Monte wanted to bring in Raikonnen which would diminish Shumi's role. They had some discussion about retirement but then Monte came out and pulled the trigger.

The problem with these types of champs is that they always think they can get back to their best. ADP would never retire because he thinks he can go on a run of 10 game/10 goals and be ready for another season.

I just hope this guarantees that the club will spend big $ on a new No10 star... no excuses.

Anyway, i was there when Baggio was the man so i don't care much for these
'Adp only' fans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 55)