Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (68 Viewers)

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
The more I think about this announcement by Angelli the more it angers me. Why would you announce such a thing at this stage of the season? Why not agree with DP and allow him to announce it himself at a press conference?

Golazo

★ ★ ★
Sep 1, 2011
The more I think about this announcement by Angelli the more it angers me. Why would you announce such a thing at this stage of the season? Why not agree with DP and allow him to announce it himself at a press conference?
Maybe so it serves as an extra incentive/motivation for Juve players to play their hearts out? Send Alex out a winner, kind of thing?

That's the only reason there is, I believe.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Look at today´s banner in Vinovo at 0.58

http://youtu.be/S6wTwM2iBuQ

Toglieteci tutto ma non il nostro capitano > Take away everything but our capitano

AA you made such a mistake!
And Ale continues not talking .... and smiling - I bet he is so motivated he scores on saturday :)
I expect to see some serious banners Saturday night from our fans.

If Angelli came out and made that announcement without first getting DP's ok, then that's a sackable offence
It's immature no matter how you look at it.

It's not like Agnelli phoned Del Piero and asked him "Hey I'm having a shareholders meeting today, if anyone asks anything about you can I tell them you're retiring this season" Dp: Yes you can.

It's not how things work for someone who has been almost 20 fucking years in this club.

Again, did Maldini, Baresi, Di Livio, Zidane, Roy Keane, Gary N and the list goes on needed SOMEONE to talk on THEIR BEHALF when they decided to retire??? What's so complicated in letting Del Piero deciding his own future? Is Agnelli really aware that Del Piero isn't on the same line like the likes of his team-mates?

He wants one more year give him one more fucking year it's not Toni, Iaquinta, Amauri, Matri and even Vucinic are giving more than him. The man has giving the club what no player will ever give.

Act class AA, FFS.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
boniek is suggesting that Del Piero may not even be allowed to return as a director since he may overshadow the reputation of the other directors at the club. if this is the case i will be truely sickened, so Why give pavel nedved a role? but not Ale who has arguably done and achieved far greater things, no disrepect to nedved.
I really see no reason in supporting this club anymore if they handle Del Piero's case disrespectfully. He's going to stay here as a player for at most one more year. His salary is identically zero considering how he still means financially to the club so all our board needs to do is to be patient for 1-2 more seasons in order to finish this in the right way they are supposed to. Anything other than that is disrespectful to the player and the fans. They did this to Trezeguet and they think they can do it to Del Piero too. But this is for damn sure that it will affect the club's image among Juve fans if they don't handle it in a wise way.

Also, if you think AA didn't say anything Del Piero didn't already say then why Press/Media former Juventus players, Moggi and fans are making a big fuss out of this?? Why everyone is shocked? They can't all be idiots.
There are only two possibilities Rab and Agnelli indeed has made a big mistake either way. Agnelli had either talked about it to Alex before he made the announcement or he had not. In the first case, if Ale had accepted to announce his retirement at this point in the season, he would have SURELY made it himself. He did not. Second possibility is just as bad; Agnelli announced that without talking to Alex about it, looks like a message sent towards the player cowardly. There is NO OTHER possibility. The fact that Alex has not commented yet even though the press and individuals are making a fuss about it says it all.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
There are only two possibilities Rab and Agnelli indeed has made a big mistake either way. Agnelli had either talked about it to Alex before he made the announcement or he had not. In the first case, if Ale had accepted to announce his retirement at this point in the season, he would have SURELY made it himself. He did not. Second possibility is just as bad; Agnelli announced that without talking to Alex about it, looks like a message sent towards the player cowardly. There is NO OTHER possibility. The fact that Alex has not commented yet even though the press and individuals are making a fuss about it says it all.
Same here. He could have simply made a statement on his site or Facebook page if he doesn't want to get in-contact with press but he hasn't said a word yet which makes everything pretty clear to me.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
It's right about time to organise a "DP for 20 in Juve" movement. It's incredibly silly to waste such an opportunity. Just the number of game shirts with 20 years in Juve would pay his wages & probably buy his replacement.
Del Piero at 37 is easily a better player than anyone Marrotta and Agnelli have brought in to the club. He gives more for this shirt than any of the starlets who would be ashamed to be in the same dressing room in his younger days. Nineteen years isn't yesterday, last week, last month or last year. It's a mother fucking legacy that no player in our lifetime will measure up to. The man earns less than Piazon just to offer his blood sweat and tears to the club he has come to symbolise. And all we can do as a club is not even leave the decision to him. They did it to Nedved, they did to Trez, and they didn't even spare, arguably their greatest player of the last two decades. How does this club expect the emotional support of fans across the world, when they can't even support their own? Andrea, as is already clear is a far cry from Gianni and Umberto. He doesn't look a classy as them and now we know he doesn't even sound as classy as them. It makes me wonder if I should continue to hate Thuram, Zambrotta and Zlatan for abandoning the club, because by the looks off it, they came off better than the ones who stayed back to restore our glory. I'm sorry to say, this isn't about the money, this isn't about the game, this is purely about being human. And we are absolutely fucking pathetic to perhaps the only man who would take this sort of treatment and still go out there and bleed his fucking guts out every Sunday just to give us those three hard fought points more than any other. Andrea Agnelli if you in anyway are reading this, I just want you to know, you not only let whatever supporters this club has left, down, you also let yourself down.

Del Piero has the fundamental right to decide when he wants out of this club, simply because he is Del Piero. A player and human being par excellence. And the Blancs, Giglis, Andreas may come and go, another Alessandro certainly won't.

Ale you will always have our support and love, for the strength, honour and integrity that you have served us with. Forever and ever.
If the intent of Andrea Agnelli was in some way meant to inspire the team to "Win One for Alex", with this announcement, I think they will have failed miserably.

What these people fail to realize, or do happen to realize but don't want to believe, is that Del Piero is not just a player to this current squad, he is also an elder statesman, and the voice of the team. he is also the one player that everyone else on the squad looks to for guidance and leadership during the rough times. Rough times, mind you, that this squad has not even seen yet.

Now, he's been turned into a "lame duck" player. the young players have little reason to heed his words in the locker room anymore. Why would they when they know that at this time next year he won't even be there.

they have taken the voice of the club away without having to cut off his tongue to do so. This was a bloodless coup d'etat, in my opinion, a power play struggle that I don't even know if Alex was aware that he was battling in.

You simply don't do that to this man. You just......................................don't. you don't. For the love of all that is good, at least real madrid, a team that was never known for its grace, gave Raul the option of coming back, even if it were to be as a 3rd or 4th striker.

But now Juve have already cast their die with this, and its too late to turn back now. And what really aggravates me is why did they let this portion of the shareholders meeting leak out? fine, you want to go over the financials and what the potential budget will be, that's great. But this news should have never, ever, ever been leaked out. This could potentially be so damaging to their image, an image that they are trying to restore after calciopoli. Juventus have been called many things over the last 5 years, but one adjective that i would have never, ever used on this club is "Heartless".

this team has just become exponentially harder to root for, and its of no fault of the players.
Top posts :tup:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Same here. He could have simply made a statement on his site or Facebook page if he doesn't want to get in-contact with press but he hasn't said a word yet which makes everything pretty clear to me.
Badass posted this:

Andrea: "it was alessandro who declared that this was his last contract with Juventus"
When did he say that? Is this what he said while announcing Alex' retirement from Juve come the end of this season?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 60)