Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (51 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If the intent of Andrea Agnelli was in some way meant to inspire the team to "Win One for Alex", with this announcement, I think they will have failed miserably.

What these people fail to realize, or do happen to realize but don't want to believe, is that Del Piero is not just a player to this current squad, he is also an elder statesman, and the voice of the team. he is also the one player that everyone else on the squad looks to for guidance and leadership during the rough times. Rough times, mind you, that this squad has not even seen yet.

Now, he's been turned into a "lame duck" player. the young players have little reason to heed his words in the locker room anymore. Why would they when they know that at this time next year he won't even be there.

they have taken the voice of the club away without having to cut off his tongue to do so. This was a bloodless coup d'etat, in my opinion, a power play struggle that I don't even know if Alex was aware that he was battling in.

You simply don't do that to this man. You just......................................don't. you don't. For the love of all that is good, at least real madrid, a team that was never known for its grace, gave Raul the option of coming back, even if it were to be as a 3rd or 4th striker.

But now Juve have already cast their die with this, and its too late to turn back now. And what really aggravates me is why did they let this portion of the shareholders meeting leak out? fine, you want to go over the financials and what the potential budget will be, that's great. But this news should have never, ever, ever been leaked out. This could potentially be so damaging to their image, an image that they are trying to restore after calciopoli. Juventus have been called many things over the last 5 years, but one adjective that i would have never, ever used on this club is "Heartless".

this team has just become exponentially harder to root for, and its of no fault of the players.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
If the intent of Andrea Agnelli was in some way meant to inspire the team to "Win One for Alex", with this announcement, I think they will have failed miserably.

What these people fail to realize, or do happen to realize but don't want to believe, is that Del Piero is not just a player to this current squad, he is also an elder statesman, and the voice of the team. he is also the one player that everyone else on the squad looks to for guidance and leadership during the rough times. Rough times, mind you, that this squad has not even seen yet.

Now, he's been turned into a "lame duck" player. the young players have little reason to heed his words in the locker room anymore. Why would they when they know that at this time next year he won't even be there.

they have taken the voice of the club away without having to cut off his tongue to do so. This was a bloodless coup d'etat, in my opinion, a power play struggle that I don't even know if Alex was aware that he was battling in.

You simply don't do that to this man. You just......................................don't. you don't. For the love of all that is good, at least real madrid, a team that was never known for its grace, gave Raul the option of coming back, even if it were to be as a 3rd or 4th striker.

But now Juve have already cast their die with this, and its too late to turn back now. And what really aggravates me is why did they let this portion of the shareholders meeting leak out? fine, you want to go over the financials and what the potential budget will be, that's great. But this news should have never, ever, ever been leaked out. This could potentially be so damaging to their image, an image that they are trying to restore after calciopoli. Juventus have been called many things over the last 5 years, but one adjective that i would have never, ever used on this club is "Heartless".

this team has just become exponentially harder to root for, and its of no fault of the players.
SERGIO :touched:

People like you are the reason I kept/keep posting on this forums for more than 7years.

Quality outstanding post. You said what I couldn't explain or say myself.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Giovinco: A Juventus without Del Piero? Sooner or later, we'll see. Even if he has made ​​the history of this company . If you have decided it will mean that you have spoken.

:boh:

Maybe someone can provide a better translation.

Una Juve senza Del Piero? Prima o poi si, ci toccherà vederla. Anche se lui ha fatto la storia di questa società. Se hanno deciso così vorrà dire che si sono parlati".

Apr 29, 2006
I think that and the budget deficit might be the end of Andrea's reign as a president. Elkann has an ace in his sleeve - change the president and give one more year to DP. Surely his role must be marginal, he might make just 5 appearances the entire season, but he deserves his 20th year and surely he deserves a place on the board. AA surely fucked this one up.

Nov 1, 2002
Del Piero was the one who got me into supporting Juve and will always support Juve because of his love and the passion for the club.

its strange way to announce it, but we have to wait for his comments instead of creating drama. as I'm pretty sure there would be much more drama if DP announced it himself anyway.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Del Piero was the one who got me into supporting Juve and will always support Juve because of his love and the passion for the club.

its strange way to announce it, but we have to wait for his comments instead of creating drama. as I'm pretty sure there would be much more drama if DP announced it himself anyway.
Looks like we'll wait more to hear something from him.

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
Del Piero at 37 is easily a better player than anyone Marrotta and Agnelli have brought in to the club. He gives more for this shirt than any of the starlets who would be ashamed to be in the same dressing room in his younger days. Nineteen years isn't yesterday, last week, last month or last year. It's a mother fucking legacy that no player in our lifetime will measure up to. The man earns less than Piazon just to offer his blood sweat and tears to the club he has come to symbolise. And all we can do as a club is not even leave the decision to him. They did it to Nedved, they did to Trez, and they didn't even spare, arguably their greatest player of the last two decades. How does this club expect the emotional support of fans across the world, when they can't even support their own? Andrea, as is already clear is a far cry from Gianni and Umberto. He doesn't look a classy as them and now we know he doesn't even sound as classy as them. It makes me wonder if I should continue to hate Thuram, Zambrotta and Zlatan for abandoning the club, because by the looks off it, they came off better than the ones who stayed back to restore our glory. I'm sorry to say, this isn't about the money, this isn't about the game, this is purely about being human. And we are absolutely fucking pathetic to perhaps the only man who would take this sort of treatment and still go out there and bleed his fucking guts out every Sunday just to give us those three hard fought points more than any other. Andrea Agnelli if you in anyway are reading this, I just want you to know, you not only let whatever supporters this club has left, down, you also let yourself down.

Del Piero has the fundamental right to decide when he wants out of this club, simply because he is Del Piero. A player and human being par excellence. And the Blancs, Giglis, Andreas may come and go, another Alessandro certainly won't.

Ale you will always have our support and love, for the strength, honour and integrity that you have served us with. Forever and ever.
+rep my friend

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
You guys are acting with too much emotion and not enough intellect. First wait until you hear the whole story before reacting. Second, AA is not going to get fired over this, Juventus is in the best spot it's been for 5 years and the squad that has been assembled under him is much better than the ones Secco and Cobblers did. Anyone knew that investment was needed to revive the team, so the loss was necessary.

ADP is an important part of the dressing room, but on the pitch he can't deliver the goods anymore, a last 10 minutes veteran that is on the pitch out of respect more than anything. While sad, this was bound to happen and different clubs have different policies. Let's see if there was a fallout or if ADP himself took this decision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 48)