Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (97 Viewers)

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
He will be missed but it is clear that he won't have room in our squad next season but he doesn't want to stop playing yet.
I am certain that this decision was made with mutual agreements.
He'll be back within one or two years and get a function in the club.
His playing days for us are almost over, let's enjoy him this year, give im a warm goodbye and a warm welcome in a few years when his playing days on a lower level (USA or somewere in the middle east for big money) are over.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
That's what I'm saying maybe it's too hard to do it himself, he asked Agnelli, and did it early on so people (and Ale himself) would get used to the idea, which would make it easier to part.
I refuse to believe that. If Maldini, Nedved, Zidane, Cannavaro etc can all announce their own retirement I'm sure Ale doesn't need someone who has not been over a year at the helm. Very simple.

Not even Moggi understands this which explains everything to me.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
All I'm saying is, let's not over-react, let's see what DP says first before calling the club disrespectful towards its all time greatest legend. That I refuse to believe just yet.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
I refuse to believe that. If Maldini, Nedved, Zidane, Cannavaro etc can all announce their own retirement I'm sure Ale doesn't need someone who has not been over a year at the helm. Very simple.

Not even Moggi understands this which explains everything to me.
I don't buy that shit either, He should say it himself not these bozo's running the club. I hoped for him the same rule as Milan did with Costacurta and Maldini, play until you want to stop yourself because he truelly deserves that.

Oct 19, 2011
i think del piero is one of the best player's i've ever watched. he's very important to the current rebuilding project at juventus, therefore i don't think it's the brightest idea to get rid of the most senior player in the team just yet. unless it's his decision to go, we never know. but hey we still have him till the end of the season, maybe he'll help us win a scudetto even though it's a bit unlikely but never say never!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
he didn't make any comment about it so far
but it is very obvious that Alex knew Agnelli was planning to tell this.
Thats what i wanna think.

Lets hope all is fine and alex wanted it to be this way (why? dont ask me). Im just waiting for his comments.

MaJo

Sep 12, 2011

frick

Apr 4, 2010
All I'm saying is, let's not over-react, let's see what DP says first before calling the club disrespectful towards its all time greatest legend. That I refuse to believe just yet.
Nonetheless it was a bad call from Agnelli to give away a statement like that, creating unnecessary drama at a time like this.
We have to see it through if there's anything behind it though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 81)