Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (54 Viewers)

mondo1

May 14, 2006
that was a big fuck you to alex and all of us fans nothing more....
no respect at all for our club legends... camo neddy and trez were all treated pretty bad..... why would andrea announce dp's retirement it just makes no sense... maybe they want to start a "new cycle"... one without our captain.
bad move in every way.... no need to defend AA here.... i only wonder if he announced it without knowing all the reaction coming up or if he knew/wanted it to be this way

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
boniek is suggesting that Del Piero may not even be allowed to return as a director since he may overshadow the reputation of the other directors at the club. if this is the case i will be truely sickened, so Why give pavel nedved a role? but not Ale who has arguably done and achieved far greater things, no disrepect to nedved.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
no respect at all for our club legends... camo neddy and trez were all treated pretty bad..... why would andrea announce dp's retirement it just makes no sense... maybe they want to start a "new cycle"... one without our captain.
bad move in every way.... no need to defend AA here.... i only wonder if he announced it without knowing all the reaction coming up or if he knew/wanted it to be this way
He didn't say anything Del Piero didn't already say. So he didn't announce it. He didn't disrespect Del Piero.
boniek is suggesting that Del Piero may not even be allowed to return as a director since he may overshadow the reputation of the other directors at the club. if this is the case i will be truely sickened, so Why give pavel nedved a role? but not Ale who has arguably done and achieved far greater things, no disrepect to nedved.
What's the point of baseless rumours like that?

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
buulshit,if the club had strung the fans along needlessly,hoping for an new contract and then being told there would be none at the end of the season this place would be in uproar over his "shabby treatment" (a la Trezeguet) the club did the right thing telling us that this will be his last season

however,it should have been a joint press conference with Alex being the one to make the announcement

MaJo

Sep 12, 2011
In fact today there are some press opinions saying that AA has done this to distract the attention over the 93 millions deficit in Juventus accounts this year. Truth is Juve has no money due to very bad management by Marotta the last 2 years -
For example http://www.goal.com/it/news/2/serie...-dare-a-bere-come?utm_source=tf&utm_medium=tw

In any case after more than 24 from AA announcemnt with no public statement of Alex I am starting to believe he is really pissed off.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
buulshit,if the club had strung the fans along needlessly,hoping for an new contract and then being told there would be none at the end of the season this place would be in uproar over his "shabby treatment" (a la Trezeguet) the club did the right thing telling us that this will be his last season

however,it should have been a joint press conference with Alex being the one to make the announcement
it should have been dp's decision nothing more nothing less! if he decided to hang up his boots in april or even later every fan would have understand that....
but it just looks like they wanted to get rid of him....

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
no it looks like the board have talked with him and it has been decided this is his last year,Del Piero cannot last forever,but it should have been up to him to announce it...this is all that saddens me

mondo1

May 14, 2006
I’ve still not decided whether this will be my final campaign at Juventus or overall. But, in 20 years, I’ll be happy to look back on this adventure.”

Sounds to me as if he intends either to retire or move to another club but not stay here another year.
well it sounds to me that he hasn't decided yet.. this guy is nearly 37 with only a one year contract ofcourse he is planning his retirement...
because at this age every injury could be your end.... so of course he is not saying i will stay here another 2 years.... i personally thought he will wait much longer to announce his retirement. A) because he doesn't want to screw up juves season and B) there is a chance to play cl again and maybe he decided to stay one more year

and even if he already knew it back in august that this is his last season HE should be the one to make it official.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
well it sounds to me that he hasn't decided yet.. this guy is nearly 37 with only a one year contract ofcourse he is planning his retirement...
because at this age every injury could be your end.... so of course he is not saying i will stay here another 2 years.... i personally thought he will wait much longer to announce his retirement. A) because he doesn't want to screw up juves season and B) there is a chance to play cl again and maybe he decided to stay one more year
There are only 2 options there. He didn't say "final campaign at Juve, or overall.... or stay one more year at Juve", just the first two. He said it--a month and a half before Agnelli.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
In fact today there are some press opinions saying that AA has done this to distract the attention over the 93 millions deficit in Juventus accounts this year. Truth is Juve has no money due to very bad management by Marotta the last 2 years -
For example http://www.goal.com/it/news/2/serie...-dare-a-bere-come?utm_source=tf&utm_medium=tw

In any case after more than 24 from AA announcemnt with no public statement of Alex I am starting to believe he is really pissed off.
ya i found it pretty strange to announce it on a shareholder meeting....

mondo1

May 14, 2006
There are only 2 options there. He didn't say "final campaign at Juve, or overall.... or stay one more year at Juve", just the first two. He said it--a month and a half before Agnelli.
well maybe i read to much between the lines but he never said i will leave juve in june 2012... even if he knew it he never said so! my point is that you do not treat LEGENDS like this. at a freaking shareholder meeting in october! there was plenty of time for this official announcement which he should have made and nobody else.

btw those players Neddy Camo Trez dp buffon stayed with us in serie b... nobody should forgot that!
freaking amauri / iq / martinez and co earn 3 times what dp makes.....

maybe i don't know juve before alex del piero because i am 23 but juve was something special. the management the players and the fans.... i don't know about you guys but juve was more than just a club to me (still is)
and i bet my car on it moggi would have treaten our legends way better than the new management

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
wont be long till buffon gets a similar treatment :inter:
You don't even like Buffon.

well maybe i read to much between the lines but he never said i will leave juve in june 2012... even if he knew it he never said so! my point is that you do not treat LEGENDS like this. at a freaking shareholder meeting in october! there was plenty of time for this official announcement which he should have made and nobody else.

btw those players Neddy Camo Trez dp buffon stayed with us in serie b... nobody should forgot that!
freaking amauri / iq / martinez and co earn 3 times what dp makes.....

maybe i don't know juve before alex del piero because i am 23 but juve was something special. the management the players and the fans.... i don't know about you guys but juve was more than just a club to me (still is)
and i bet my car on it moggi would have treaten our legends way better than the new management
For the last time, Agnelli did not announce anything that Del Piero didn't already say.

It's understandable that people would be upset but no need to point fingers wrongfully.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
I am really sad. I don't know what to say. We all knew that he is going to retire in the end of this season, but you just don't say it. I hope he plays a lot and scores a lot of goals. I heart you Alex

mondo1

May 14, 2006
You don't even like Buffon.

For the last time, Agnelli did not announce anything that Del Piero didn't already say.

It's understandable that people would be upset but no need to point fingers wrongfully.
well we won'T agree on this part but thats okay :)
let's cheer for this team and hope that he retires with a big 3rd star ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)