Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (51 Viewers)

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
I don't see the humour. Please explain...An extremely high paid player who it seems has no role in our starting XI.
i will explain
- he had an injury that kept him long time off the pitch
- he is our captain
- he is the 262 man
- he was/is/will be our best player, the living legend so you don't sell those
- he has 1,2 years in him, he just needs the time
- he can't be judged so tough because all the players were decent this season so far
-he can't play in 4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 and obviously this season we missed the classic quattro quattro due, his ideal system
-he is by far the best one to dribble or to make a decisive pass so you can't get something like that out of the team...as we all saw this, diego didn't proved himself yet

need more?

-He is Alessandro Del Piero, captain of Juventus...are you fucking kidding me? how to sell him ? i should've -rep you until you'll have a full rep red box but it's x-mas. Don't you post stupid things like this in Ale's thread.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
He has been one of our best players in a 4-4-2. But in our new set of formations he simply doesnt fit...Nowhere hear strong enough to play as a lone striker, and nowhere near fluid enough to play in the 3 in a 4-2-3-1. We should sell him...though I doubt there would be many bidders. Yes, he has been a legend for our club, and deserves reverence and respect, but if I am being objective, he truly has no role left to play in our starting eleven. Unless we bench Diego...That is what it comes down to, because 4-3-1-2 does not seem to work, and Diego is 24, Del Piero is 86...

Incorporating DP ruins both Diego and Giovinco...and for what DP brings to the team, in a 4-4-2, or a 4-3-1-2, the cost is far too great compared with what Gio and Diego and Melo bring to the team in a 4-2-3-1.
:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
You listen to the man and hear what he thinks and has to say. Would he be ok with being benched a lot of the time? Would he, as a consequence, be ok with a smaller role in the dressing room? Etc. If he is, I see no reason why he should go.
This.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is sittnig in bench and playing 15 or 20 minutes in some games (not in every game) and still he is the one to be blamed.

It's disgrace how someone can call himself a Juventus fan.
Indeed...He has played 258 minutes in this new formation, minutes that amount to less then 3 games, and minutes he has played as just returning from injury and trying to recoup. What I'm trying to say is, lets set aside that utter utter BS above for a sec, but the fact that he SAID that Del Piero has FAILED in 4-3-1-2, when it has been less then 3 games, and 1 of those games he played as a Left winger in 4-2-3-1, to be insanely ridicolous BS to say. First of all, hardly played at all, secondly, THIS TEAM HAS FAILED, regardless of formation, and not the fucking player who has played the least in a so called formation :sergio:

With all due respect gutterpoet, that comes off as nothing but fucking retarded, would be too mild to say anything else to this embarrassing shit :sergio:

Jan 7, 2004
as many of you will attest i have been all for selling del piero ever since cassano was getting his breakfast from his mommy's bossoms, but now there is no point. the guy means too much to the club and barring an incredibly stupid oversized bid from another club there just wouldn't be any way to make back what would be lost ... same with trezeguet.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And thirdly, Del Piero did quite well under the 4-3-1-2 during Lippi's second reign playing next to Trezeguet. He can function in any system with two strikers.

The only thing remotely correct is that Del Piero, Diego and Giovinco cannot really function together in the same team. That is probably most likely true because it means Diego would have to be fielded out wide in a straight 4-4-2.

But it has to be said that Del Piero has looked sluggish and poor thus far this season, uncharacteristically for him even after the injury. He wouldn't save this team under his current state.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Your right im sorry its hard trying to stay positive at the minute. Heres some nice words from the captain.

Siamo arrivati al primo Natale insieme su www.alessandrodelpiero.com . Devo ammettere che dal punto di vista sportivo mi aspettavo di trascorrere delle Feste più serene, ma spero davvero che questi giorni di riposo consentano a me e alla Juventus di tornare e invertire la rotta rispetto a quello che abbiamo fatto negli ultimi tempi. Ma credo che in questi giorni sia giusto andare oltre quello che accade su un campo da calcio, e in generale nel proprio lavoro, e pensare a chi ci sta vicino. Per me questo è il Natale, quello che ieri trascorrevo a San Vendemiano con i miei genitori e mio fratello, quello che oggi trascorro con la mia famiglia (e da quest’anno siamo in quattro!).
Io vi auguro di vivere il Natale nel migliore dei modi, che vi porti salute, serenità e felicità. Sono felice di poter passare qualche istante delle vostre Feste con voi, attraverso questo sito che ci consente di stare un po’ più vicini.
Buon Natale, di cuore.

Alessandro

goal has translated it:

Juventus forward Alessandro Del Piero has made Christmas declarations to his fans via alessandrodelpiero.com, during which he extends not only festive wishes but also his thoughts on the Bianconeri's season so far.

He wrote, "I must admit that from a sporting perspective I was hoping for a more relaxing holiday period, but I hope that these days of rest allow me to return to Juventus and to help us turn around our recent form.

"Yet at times like these it's important to go beyond what happens on the pitch, and to think about the people close to us.

"For me, this is Christmas, which I celebrated yesterday in San Vendemiano with my parents and my brother, and as I'll now spend with my family. (This year there are four of us!)

"I hope you have the best Christmas and that the season brings you health, peace, and happiness. I'm pleased to share these moments with you via our website and I hope it helps us all feel a little closer. From my heart, Merry Christmas."

Ive never seen that pic before :touched:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I can digest the fact that some of you can't see Del Piero in the starting 11. I can also digest the fact that some others don't see him as efficient as before. Though it's still laughable to me but I can still digest it because personally I got used to it and it even makes me happier when I see doubters because I've had fun as a fan and I'm sure Del Piero has had fun too as a player to prove the doubters wrong for several years...and years.

But what I can't digest is people wanting him off the team, and all the blame/problems/issues is because of Del Piero and no one else. This I can't personally accept or take TBH.

Unfortunately, some people think Football is all about transfers Real Madrid style, Ronaldinho yesterday, Cristiano Ronaldo today.

Players like Del Piero, Totti, Maldini(before), Raul are never for sale and are the most important factors in the team. And each one who doesn't or can't see this, is either a beginner fan or hasn't played football in his life, there's no other explanation.

Good thing is that majority respect, love and always honoring Del Piero and appreciating what he's done and still doing. Though If I was in his place I would be ashamed that some people even if they're minority, that some don't appreciate what I'm doing.

But anyway, he knows how to give his answers back like always. He'll call it a day when he feels like it's a day.

Till that day, Forza Alex:tup:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I can digest the fact that some of you can't see Del Piero in the starting 11. I can also digest the fact that some others don't see him as efficient as before. Though it's still laughable to me but I can still digest it because personally I got used to it and it even makes me happier when I see doubters because I've had fun as a fan and I'm sure Del Piero has had fun too as a player to prove the doubters wrong for several years...and years.

But what I can't digest is people wanting him off the team, and all the blame/problems/issues is because of Del Piero and no one else. This I can't personally accept or take TBH.

Unfortunately, some people think Football is all about transfers Real Madrid style, Ronaldinho yesterday, Cristiano Ronaldo today.

Players like Del Piero, Totti, Maldini(before), Raul are never for sale and are the most important factors in the team. And each one who doesn't or can't see this, is either a beginner fan or hasn't played football in his life, there's no other explanation.

Good thing is that majority respect, love and always honoring Del Piero and appreciating what he's done and still doing. Though If I was in his place I would be ashamed that some people even if they're minority, that some don't appreciate what I'm doing.

But anyway, he knows how to give his answers back like always. He'll call it a day when he feels like it's a day.

Till that day, Forza Alex:tup:
:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

well said.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Del Piero doubters is one of my favorite kinds of people tbh... especially when we come back to laugh at them, it became some sort of a ritual around here, and I love rituals.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Eℓvin;2287776 said:
Del Piero doubters is one of my favorite kinds of people tbh... especially when we come back to laugh at them, it became some sort of a ritual around here, and I love rituals.
indeed, I feel the same way about the Trezeguet doubters.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Eℓvin;2287776 said:
Not that I dislike you, but the same can be said about you and Trezeguet, so spare me with this hypocrisy bullshit. You can call out the doubters when Del Piero proves me or who else who critisises him in this thread otherwise.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
indeed, I feel the same way about the Trezeguet doubters.
So I'm one of your favorite peoples? :D

Not that I dislike you, but the same can be said about you and Trezeguet, so spare me with this hypocrisy bullshit. You can call out the doubters when Del Piero proves me or who else who critisises him in this thread otherwise.
Read my post man, I said keep doing what you're doing...

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Eℓvin;2287802 said:
So I'm one of your favorite peoples? :D

Read my post man, I said keep doing what you're doing...
I did read it, from most people saying that post I can accept, but from you who constantly bashed Trezeguet it sounded kinda.........weird. Dude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)