Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (100 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He'd not accept Sion if other teams were offering him options.
I think the problem comes down to guaranteed playing time. I think he's asking for it and teams from big leagues can't offer him that. Otherwise I see no reason not to go for this gold mine that is Del Piero. Free agent with low wages, who'll be selling thousands or millions of jerseys.

Aug 17, 2007
I think the problem comes down to guaranteed playing time. I think he's asking for it and teams from big leagues can't offer him that. Otherwise I see no reason not to go for this gold mine that is Del Piero. Free agent with low wages, who'll be selling thousands or millions of jerseys.
He is Gold. And he's so good. How come he can't find a team in the big leagues? I don't get it.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Teams from the big leagues obviously won't offer him that. But, if what we read is true, there's barely any interest from (for example) American teams as well.

I don't get that.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Teams from the big leagues obviously won't offer him that. But, if what we read is true, there's barely any interest from (for example) American teams as well.

I don't get that.
I'm not really familiar with the MLS. I don't know the teams from the east coast and how they operate. If there is real interest I'd expect it to come from there, since he'll have huge popularity with the Italo-Americans.
The other MLS teams would go for a veteran if he's famous from the popular EPL, not some guy from Serie A that they never heard of, even if his name is Del Piero.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I don't think it's possible that someone who is into football (even soccer) doesn't know who Del Piero is. He's just one of those stars with truly universal fame.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't think it's possible that someone who is into football (even soccer) doesn't know who Del Piero is. He's just one of those stars with truly universal fame.
No, what I meant is that the public in the US won't be attracted by Del Piero, unless they are of Italian heritage. Beckham was a pretty face from the EPL, Henry was from the EPL. The majority of the small number of football followers in the States are EPL followers, I guess. The Latinos would be attracted by La Liga players and a serie A stars would attract a crowd only among the Italo-Americans.
Just a logical assumption, which might not be true at all, I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 100)