Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (342 Viewers)

Aug 17, 2007
De Gennaro, Sion's director, in speacial interview with Tuttojuve after the meeting:"We are optimistic, we hope there's gonna be another meeting. We were always interested in Del Piero, there was a good meeting. It's not a secret that Ale and Rino are good friends, and Rino talked with him about us. It was much easy with Rino, it all ended very quickly. Ale will make his decision in 2-3 days, we'll know soon if there will be another meeting and eventually if there's a chance to complete the deal".

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I was always wondering how a 38-year-old DP was going to get an attractive offer from some other competitive club. Sadly it turns out, just like with Trez and Hércules, that he'll do less well that I'd hoped.

Aug 17, 2007
Anyone here speaks Italian and can translate this with no mistakes?

Possiamo fare una percentuale delle speranze di vedere Alessandro Del Piero con la maglia del Sion?
"Ad oggi nulle, più che altro perché oggi abbiamo fatto solo 4 chiacchere. Se ci sarà un secondo incontro magari le cose cambiano".

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Anyone here speaks Italian and can translate this with no mistakes?

Possiamo fare una percentuale delle speranze di vedere Alessandro Del Piero con la maglia del Sion?
"Ad oggi nulle, più che altro perché oggi abbiamo fatto solo 4 chiacchere. Se ci sarà un secondo incontro magari le cose cambiano".
He's asking how likely is it (in percent) that he will play for Sion.
"For now zero because we only chatted today. If there'll be another meeting maybe things will change."

Aug 17, 2007
Now this Degennaro says he's more than confident that Ale will sign for Sion. FFS, 3 hours ago he says the chances are zero unless they'll meet again.

Anyway, it's pretty clear that if he signs there, that's becuase he has no choice. Back in late May, Sion's president said there's no chance Ale will join them because he waits for offers from England and USA. So if he signs for Sion, it means he didn't get such offers, and Sion is the easy solution, compraing to Brazil, UAE, Japan. It's almost like staying in Torino. I still hope he'll sign for another European club, but it feels like the end of this saga. According to all source, including Degennaro, will know within 48 hours.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
What is the point of signing for Sion? Might as well go for one of those adventures. And I have a hard time believing he wouldn't find teams interested in the arab countries or MLS. They have all kinds of shitty foreigners playing there. Playing for Sion at 37 years old is just so meh.

Still hoping I get to see him in England. Would give me a chance to actually start giving a shit about the league.

Aug 17, 2007
What is the point of signing for Sion? Might as well go for one of those adventures. And I have a hard time believing he wouldn't find teams interested in the arab countries or MLS. They have all kinds of $#@!ty foreigners playing there. Playing for Sion at 37 years old is just so meh.

Still hoping I get to see him in England. Would give me a chance to actually start giving a $#@! about the league.
Same here. Hope he'll reject Sion. There's no doubt that he wants a better team, he's still competitive and prefers EPL. But if he signs for Sion it's just cause he didn't received offers from the big league. And like I said, why Sion and not Brazil or UAE? Cause it's easier, for him and for his family. Btw, according to Alfredo Pedulla from Sportitalia, his basic salary in Sion will be only 600K.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 336)