Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (206 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
This forum can be a real joke when it comes to certain things like evaluation players or tagging someone as a "traitor" "fuck" "shit" or what not..... The best example being Pepe.... I swear, this forum is THE ONLY place where i have heard/read bad things about Pepe. Every objective, non-Juve fan that i have come across in these last two seasons be it Madristas, ManUtd fans, Barca fans or Munich fans had nothing but the best things to say about Pepe about his work rate, his inteligence on the pitch, his tactical awareness and obedience. Yes, they said that technically he is limited but they said that as a fact as something noticeable, not that he is a mediocare player..... So i believe you Janna, and i know that the bolded part is the truth for most of the mans, actually great deal of the Juve fans.....
Yeah very true, i learnt a lot about how fans in Italy support Juve over the weekend when Janna and i were in Turin, even when Barzagli was about to take the penalty we were singing his name! i mean you wouldn't get that here, and when the team bus went by us in the piazza castello we were singing the Simone Pepe song, again something you wouldn't see here since many are divided in opinions of him still. Lastly when AA made his speech at the end of the atalanta game we were all made to hush down to hear his words to which we applauded to in the end, yet AA gets a lot of stick here

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah very true, i learnt a lot about how fans in Italy support Juve over the weekend when Janna and i were in Turin, even when Barzagli was about to take the penalty we were singing his name! i mean you wouldn't get that here, and when the team bus went by us in the piazza castello we were singing the Simone Pepe song, again something you wouldn't see here since many are divided in opinions of him still. Lastly when AA made his speech at the end of the atalanta game we were all made to hush down to hear his words to which we applauded to in the end, yet AA gets a lot of stick here

Whilst I agree with what you say, I do believe that there is a fundamental difference here.

Let's take a look at where you were. Torino.

You are talking about a group of people who have grown up supporting Juventus. Even those who are too young to remember anything but the Del Piero era, are still extensions of generations of Juve supporters within their own family. The majority of people in Torino have seen the Baggio, Platini, et al, and know the routine of how things are.

It's very different here on this forum and in places outside of Italy for a lot of people. A lot of them (not all, probably not even a majority), became fans of juventus because of Del Piero. It is only natural for them to feel that their one true connection to Juve was hard done by.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Whilst I agree with what you say, I do believe that there is a fundamental difference here.

You are talking about a group of people who have grown up supporting Juventus. Even those who are too young to remember anything but the Del Piero era, are still extensions of generations of Juve supporters within their own family.

It's very different here on this forum and in places outside of Italy for a lot of people. A lot of them (not all, probably not even a majority), became fans of juventus because of Del Piero. It is only natural for them to feel that their one true connection to Juve was hard done by.
i was about to say in reply to azizinho's last post that many in Italy were brought up to support Juve through their parents most likely even before Del Piero hit the scene, many here were influenced into supporting Juve through the rise of Del Piero, i can honestly say that i am one of them, my parents were never football fans, and i grew up loving Del Piero and Juventus, im sure that is the same with many here too

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010

You are talking about a group of people who have grown up supporting Juventus. Even those who are too young to remember anything but the Del Piero era, are still extensions of generations of Juve supporters within their own family. The majority of people in Torino have seen the Baggio, Platini, et al, and know the routine of how things are.

100% true I also starting loving juve not only because of Del Piero but also because of the other big stars from the 90's I remember myself crying when Zidane left us, and I cried when trez, camo, nedved, ferrara, davids and all the other great players left and felt I miss them the same happen to Del Piero but I can not imagine myself to not support juventus next year and I have that feeling even more after being in Torino myself. What I saw in Torino make me realize juve is more then only the legends. It was really an eye opener for me. Seeing someone like marchisio and chiellini who are for me soon will be legends of this clubs makes me love the club again. and after them their will be pain too but also new legends.
that is why I love ahmed's signature which is true. Del piero is god and marchisio and all the new stars are ready to step on and become new legends of juventus.
I let everyone decided what they want but I am sure this great club is going to have many more legends and I wish when I have kids to make them a juventino/-a too. (my father was a ajax fan and he actually made me love juve and hate ajax) :p

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
100% true I also starting loving juve not only because of Del Piero but also because of the other big stars from the 90's I remember myself crying when Zidane left us, and I cried when trez, camo, nedved, ferrara, davids and all the other great players left and felt I miss them the same happen to Del Piero but I can not imagine myself to not support juventus next year and I have that feeling even more after being in Torino myself. What I saw in Torino make me realize juve is more then only the legends. It was really an eye opener for me.
I let everyone decided what they want but I am sure this great club is going to have many more legends and I wish when I have kids to make them a juventino/-a too. (my father was a ajax fan and he actually made me love juve and hate ajax) :p
im hoped i influenced that :D

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
im hoped i influenced that :D
I have thanked you enough andy but their is a part of the trip when I sat with my head down after del piero left the field I was just thinking about the past and now and I am still didn't sort things out but I will in a few days. One thing I do know like I said to you on sunday
I am born as a juventina :touched: and agreeing with what my family says: Janna your heart is black and white :touched:
all though my family still doesn't understand what juventus complety means to me. (or think It is weird)
just what my brother said yesterday Janna you are for sure the biggest Dutch Female Juve fan. :touched:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Ass Devil, you do not speak Italian and it clearly shows. Read Italian newspapers, talk to Italian fans: they do nothing but debate the game. Everything and everyone is up for discussion. Yes, Juventus fans ultimately will always support the team. But Agnelli and Pepe not getting any flack? Hardly. I'd almost say it's the opposite. Italian fans are very tough and very demanding. It's why the Serie A is by far the most difficult competition to succeed in: you do one thing wrong and everyone deems you a failure.

Don't try to convince people on this forum of your little fairytale, because in the end, you don't even understand what they are saying. And most definitely you do not know Italian football culture nor do you know Italians. Whatever you might have portrayed here is miles away from reality in Italy and I hope everyone realises that.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
even the ultras in the restaurant made us all be quiet in order to hear AA's speech, nobody said a bad word about him at all, then again how can they? he played a part in our success this season!

p.s. Janna im so happy i bought the last season white away shirt on Saturday (without the balocco sponsor) with Del Piero on the back :heart:
Ultras in restaurant?

Anyway, of course many wont have the balls to complain because we won the Scudetto. And like I said before, winning Scudetto is something and Del Piero's treatment is a whole different thing, you can't relate or connect the two thing but of course you're too stupid to see it.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Ultras in restaurant?

Anyway, of course many wont have the balls to complain because we won the Scudetto. And like I said before, winning Scudetto is something and Del Piero's treatment is a whole different thing, you can't relate or connect the two thing but of course you're too stupid to see it.
I don't think it where really ultras but it were big juve fans and for sure are visiting or close to the ultras.
it was a bar/restuarant.
Rab I can tell you this what happen when del piero left the pitch everyone was applauding and singing his songs and I can tell you honestly they don't hate agnelli or are mad at him.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Trust me, Sergio, even Italian Juventus fans find this very hard to swallow. I got quite a few texts saying 'meritava un altro anno' - hell, I even got one from an Inter fan! In Italy as well, there is a lot of debate about this issue. It's why journalists have been writing about it for months. What Ass Devil says is just fantasy in his little Juventino head. His mind is playing tricks on him, because he doesn't understand the language and sees what he wants to see.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Trust me, Sergio, even Italian Juventus fans find this very hard to swallow. I got quite a few texts saying 'meritava un altro anno' - hell, I even got one from an Inter fan! In Italy as well, there is a lot of debate about this issue. It's why journalists have been writing about it for months. What Ass Devil says is just fantasy in his little Juventino head. His mind is playing tricks on him, because he doesn't understand the language and sees what he wants to see.
the point is that they don't hate agnelli ;) for every juve fan it is hard to swallow he has to leave he even in Holland they talk about it and calling it ridiculous. The point is that in Italy they don't hate players/staff as much as they get here :p

And I don't think those tousands of juventino of all ages I saw are going to stop supporting juve next year
but like i said before if rab doesn't support juve anymore I am fine with that since it is his own choice and he is a grown man. but I just hope he can change his mind.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
the point is that they don't hate agnelli ;) for every juve fan it is hard to swallow he has to leave he even in Holland they talk about it and calling it ridiculous. The point is that in Italy they don't hate players/staff as much as they get here :p
Except they do hate them as much, if not more.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I don't think it where really ultras but it were big juve fans and for sure are visiting or close to the ultras.
it was a bar/restuarant.
Rab I can tell you this what happen when del piero left the pitch everyone was applauding and singing his songs and I can tell you honestly they don't hate agnelli or are mad at him.
nah there were quite a few in Drughi T shirts and hoodies.

---------- Post added 16.05.2012 at 18:49 ----------

Ass Devil, you do not speak Italian and it clearly shows. Read Italian newspapers, talk to Italian fans: they do nothing but debate the game. Everything and everyone is up for discussion. Yes, Juventus fans ultimately will always support the team. But Agnelli and Pepe not getting any flack? Hardly. I'd almost say it's the opposite. Italian fans are very tough and very demanding. It's why the Serie A is by far the most difficult competition to succeed in: you do one thing wrong and everyone deems you a failure.

Don't try to convince people on this forum of your little fairytale, because in the end, you don't even understand what they are saying. And most definitely you do not know Italian football culture nor do you know Italians. Whatever you might have portrayed here is miles away from reality in Italy and I hope everyone realises that.
can't even take you seriously anymore, welcome to my ignore list.

and you're fucking belgian :howler:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
it was a bar/restuarant.
This is what you concluded? Agnelli is loved because they were all applauding Ale when he was subs?

Wasn't the whole stadium chanting for Del Piero when Agnelli took the microphone after the game? I'm not saying he's hated or loved (Scudetto saved his face pretty well) but he's not loved/appreciated for what he did towards Ale. Don't convince me.

Like Andries said, you don't live there and you don't even speak the language, I watch Al-Jazeera sport, they have been hosting Cesare Maldini, Altobelli and Juve's 20years+ ago famous goalkeeper Stefano Tacconi and what I hear from them and from Italian journalists is completely the opposite of what you two say.

Of course you wont see anyone ruining the Scudetto party day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 200)