Ibra & Camoranesi want out (10 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Esteban said:
Ha-ha... ha. :lol:
You're getting desperate. Honestly, Zlatan is a good guy. Sure, he took your hero's place on the field, but are there any situation at all where Del Piero even hinted that he had any grudges against Ibrahimovic?
No? Thought so.
You really think Zlatan took Del Piero's place? You might want to think again, because last time I was in the Delle Alpi the entire crowd were desperately willing to see Zlatan go off and Del Piero come on. Zlatan is nowhere near Del Piero's status. As for someone taking Del Piero's place: I'd be glad if we have a guy that is good enough to replace Del Piero. I'm hoping Palladino can be that man. Zlatan simply lacks the talent and right mentality.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
The only time I've seen some indication of a 'grudge' between the two would be in a game (can't recall which one) where Zlatan scored, but was ignored by DP who went straight to, I believe, Nedved who assisted him. Other than that, it's mostly fan speculation.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Seven said:
You really think Zlatan took Del Piero's place? You might want to think again, because last time I was in the Delle Alpi the entire crowd were desperately willing to see Zlatan go off and Del Piero come on. Zlatan is nowhere near Del Piero's status. As for someone taking Del Piero's place: I'd be glad if we have a guy that is good enough to replace Del Piero. I'm hoping Palladino can be that man. Zlatan simply lacks the talent and right mentality.
He's not talking about status and you know it. Talk about taking the whole shabang of context. He took Del Pieros place on the pitch, and that is what pisses you off. You might say Zlatan is a douchebag, sad thing is you know nothing about that.

As for status, no Zlatan isn't as big in Juventus as Del Piero. But you can't ignore the fact that players and coaches in opposite teams actually fear Zlatan more than Alex. In terms of world status, I'd say Zlatan is bigger right now. Right or wrong? I don't care.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Seven said:
You really think Zlatan took Del Piero's place? You might want to think again, because last time I was in the Delle Alpi the entire crowd were desperately willing to see Zlatan go off and Del Piero come on. Zlatan is nowhere near Del Piero's status. As for someone taking Del Piero's place: I'd be glad if we have a guy that is good enough to replace Del Piero. I'm hoping Palladino can be that man. Zlatan simply lacks the talent (not really) and right mentality (true).
Switching the subject are we. All I said was there are no grudges between the two players only because people on this forum want it to be that way.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
Katil said:
As for status, no Zlatan isn't as big in Juventus as Del Piero. But you can't ignore the fact that players and coaches in opposite teams actually fear Zlatan more than Alex. In terms of world status, I'd say Zlatan is bigger right now. Right or wrong? I don't care.
- You are true of one thing, Zlatan isn't as big as Del Piero in Juventus and anywhere.
- coaches in opposite teams actually fear Zlatan more than Alex. This is true if apply to real madrid coach only.
- In terms of world status, WC winner versus WC loser. :toast:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Katil said:
He's not talking about status and you know it. Talk about taking the whole shabang of context. He took Del Pieros place on the pitch, and that is what pisses you off. You might say Zlatan is a douchebag, sad thing is you know nothing about that.

-ibra will never be in the same breath as a legend as Alex, remember me NEVER.

-Abt ur next point i think that ur right to a certain extent, and thats why many ppl here hate capello so much.

-zlatan now is nothing but an overrated player, same as robinho.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Katil said:

Oh but Zlatan isn't as good as Del Piero either. You might not have noticed, but I did see him sucking throughout the season and he played a more than awful World Cup, whereas Del Piero did score in a semi-final and converted a penalty kick in the final.

I know nothing about Zlatan being a douchebag? Well guess what, I have a tv. I witness how Zlatan kicks, elbows, pulls and headbutts opponents. Even if you're an okay guy off the pitch that kind of composure makes you a total ass. As for world status, well I think Zlatan finally fucked it up. At the beginning of last season when he played yet another bad game people would say "it's Zlatan, he's unpredictable". Now they see Zlatan playing his 150th bad game. Believe me, the awe for Zlatan is fading quickly.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Seven said:
Oh but Zlatan isn't as good as Del Piero either. You might not have noticed, but I did see him sucking throughout the season and he played a more than awful World Cup, whereas Del Piero did score in a semi-final and converted a penalty kick in the final.

I know nothing about Zlatan being a douchebag? Well guess what, I have a tv. I witness how Zlatan kicks, elbows, pulls and headbutts opponents. Even if you're an okay guy off the pitch that kind of composure makes you a total ass. As for world status, well I think Zlatan finally fucked it up. At the beginning of last season when he played yet another bad game people would say "it's Zlatan, he's unpredictable". Now they see Zlatan playing his 150th bad game. Believe me, the awe for Zlatan is fading quickly.
Perhaps, perhaps and perhaps.

Zlatan on form doesn't only though them flicks and stand still dribbles. His assist these two years has been really brilliant. Though he got to stop trying to stand still and dribble the opponent as he doesn't have the pace to do so.

I do think Zlatan when he performs performs better then Alex but the latter clearly has a much higher lowest level of play. Neither does he have the influence Del Piero has on the pitch and will never mean what DP means to Juventus to any team. So I am not talking about Zlatan being a better player, I'm just talking about status. As for having a bad season, well Kaká had a bad second season and Adriano was just as bad as Zlatan last year. The first one rebound, the second one will as well and I am pretty sure Zlatan will manage as well.

Oh and I don't think the elbows etcetra are as many as you say. Sure they happen, but he is constantly under watch and anything he does will come with a suspension. To be honest he has done much less crap then I predicted he'd do. I don't think he's an ass, just a little dirty on the pitch. Isn't necessarily a bad thing.

By the way Del Piero's goal in the semi-final? Come on? That must have been the most unnecessary goal in the history of the world cup. :D

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
sateeh said:
-ibra will never be in the same breath as a legend as Alex, remember me NEVER.

-Abt ur next point i think that ur right to a certain extent, and thats why many ppl here hate capello so much.

-zlatan now is nothing but an overrated player, same as robinho.
1. Talking about skill? if so, off context.

2. You can't deny that fact. When asking a player who they fear, these days they rarely say Del Piero. Right or wrong? I don't care.

3. Didn't say he isn't overrated.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
the zlatan-del piero debate is eternal.it will never end.and i find it quite pathetic to be honest.you're talking about 2 players from 2 possibly different generations over here,2 players with different(not better or worse) levels of skills and players with different mentalities.

the sad part is that it seems like its the divine right of every zlatan fan to bash every del piero fan,and every del piero fan to bash every zlatan fan.zlatan will never have the same status at juventus that del piero enjoys,but that does not make him a pathetic player.ive always defended zlatan by saying that he's extremley talented,but he's equally self destructive.the comparison with del piero is not justified however.sure,zlatan played an awful lot of undesrved minutes last season,but that was capello's fault and not zlatan.

del piero is a legend,and he will always be a legend,regardless of how his career moves on now.give the zlatan vs del piero fights a rest,seriously.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I for one ain't bashing DP or his fans at all, I am just saying it would be stupid to sell a player with Zlatan's potential, especially to a team that we will have to face again from (hopefully) next season.
We will regret it if we sell him to AC or Inter, i could live with selling him to a team outside Italy, but if we sell him to a team what will be an opponent for us in the next few years, we migth regret it heavily.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Katil said:
Perhaps, perhaps and perhaps.

Zlatan on form doesn't only though them flicks and stand still dribbles. His assist these two years has been really brilliant. Though he got to stop trying to stand still and dribble the opponent as he doesn't have the pace to do so.

I do think Zlatan when he performs performs better then Alex but the latter clearly has a much higher lowest level of play. Neither does he have the influence Del Piero has on the pitch and will never mean what DP means to Juventus to any team. So I am not talking about Zlatan being a better player, I'm just talking about status. As for having a bad season, well Kaká had a bad second season and Adriano was just as bad as Zlatan last year. The first one rebound, the second one will as well and I am pretty sure Zlatan will manage as well.

Oh and I don't think the elbows etcetra are as many as you say. Sure they happen, but he is constantly under watch and anything he does will come with a suspension. To be honest he has done much less crap then I predicted he'd do. I don't think he's an ass, just a little dirty on the pitch. Isn't necessarily a bad thing.

By the way Del Piero's goal in the semi-final? Come on? That must have been the most unnecessary goal in the history of the world cup. :D
There isn't a single way you can twist statistics in showing Zlatan is the better player. As we both are biased statistics are what we have to rely on. Is Zlatan a drop dead awful player? Yes, I do believe so. But even if he's not even the biggest Zlatan fan has to admit that good old Zlatan isn't in the top 20 of the world's best players. Juventus' main man should be. Thus my conclusion is that Zlatan shouldn't be our main man. Unfortunately that's the only way Zlatan is somewhat useful. If he's not the most important man on the team sheet, problems start to arouse. It's not healthy for Juventus to hang on to Zlatan.

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
Seven said:
There isn't a single way you can twist statistics in showing Zlatan is the better player. As we both are biased statistics are what we have to rely on. Is Zlatan a drop dead awful player? Yes, I do believe so. But even if he's not even the biggest Zlatan fan has to admit that good old Zlatan isn't in the top 20 of the world's best players. Juventus' main man should be. Thus my conclusion is that Zlatan shouldn't be our main man. Unfortunately that's the only way Zlatan is somewhat useful. If he's not the most important man on the team sheet, problems start to arouse. It's not healthy for Juventus to hang on to Zlatan.
actually Ibra was the 8th in the last Golden Ball awards & Del Piero wasnt even in the 50 cotenders!!!! for me Del piero is a better peson that Zlatan will ever be!!! As a player no one can say anything about that coz Alex is 30 & Ibra is 24 so lets wait till Ibra is 30 & then we can compare them,Until now of course alex is a better player but I really think that Zlatan has a bright future ahead of him but even if he stayed at Juve,alex will always be the best Juve player of all times!!!!!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
THE CHAMPIONS said:
actually Ibra was the 8th in the last Golden Ball awards & Del Piero wasnt even in the 50 cotenders!!!! for me Del piero is a better peson that Zlatan will ever be!!! As a player no one can say anything about that coz Alex is 30 & Ibra is 24 so lets wait till Ibra is 30 & then we can copare them,Until now of course alex is a better player but I really think that Zlatan has a bright future ahead of him but even if he stayed at Juve,alex will always be the best Juve player in all times!!!!!
Oh my, I actually thought the Golden Ball was a subjective competition.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I will give zlatan another chance purely cos milans kaka had a disappionting 2nd season then came good again. Come on! if zlatan doesnt perform well in serieB hes then got issues!

Thats if hes still with us.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Seven said:
Del Piero has a higher lowest level of play. Del Piero isn't in the top 20 either but then again a team doesn't rely on him on the same way.

And yes to sell Zlatan but I'm not sure I want it to be to Milan. I think the trio Zlatan, Gilardino, Kaká has potential to create history with Ancelotti.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Gep D'Messiah said:
I will give zlatan another chance purely cos milans kaka had a disappionting 2nd season then came good again. Come on! if zlatan doesnt perform well in serieB hes then got issues!

Thats if hes still with us.
If he still is with us then I am sure he will perform, if he dissapoints me there, then I will stop defending him, promised.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Katil said:
Del Piero has a higher lowest level of play. Del Piero isn't in the top 20 either but then again a team doesn't rely on him on the same way.

And yes to sell Zlatan but I'm not sure I want it to be to Milan. I think the trio Zlatan, Gilardino, Kaká has potential to create history with Ancelotti.
Del Piero has been in the top 20 though and arguably was the world's best at some point. It's a new Del Piero in the shape of his life this Juventus needs. Players like him, Zidane and Nedved have what it takes to be the engine of Juventus, but Zlatan unfortunately enough doesn't cut it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)