How would you feel about extremely rich owners in Juventus? (4 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
True, but it is entirely possible that the Calciopoli scandal actually accelerated the process of the building of the new stadium, knowing full well that it was gouing to be a long climb back to supremacy.

And again, keep in mind that the Status Quo pre-calciopoli was pretty damn good :D
Actually, it didn't accelerate the process, but slowed it down. About 18 months, give or take, iirc.

The agreement to start playing in the Olimpico was already in place months before the scandal broke. Initial plans were to start demolishing the old Delle Alpi pretty soon after the season ended (may have been a few concerts planned shortly after the season ended).
Our demotion put everything on hold for a while, stadium was redesigned (cheaper, etc), some new agreements found, ...

As for the question: I think (fairly certain), I'd feel pretty bad about it. I'm not one of the people who's always/often screaming to sign 30million players though, so that makes it quite easy for me to answer.

If it happened, I would definitely feel a lot less attached to the club (even if my current attachment doesn't make any objective sense either). Which would probably lead to me not trying to attend games, not doing every possible thing to watch every game, etc.
In short: caring less, most probably. Would it end up in me not supporting the club anymore? I don't know...

Apr 15, 2006
I would like it if the media and everyone else spoke about Juve more often and more positively, and I could see that happening to some extent if we had a boatload of money. But as a fan, it would be depressing to see us being talked about for the wrong reasons. I'd rather see us gain our popularity back through OUR victory and achievements rather than of some filthy rich bastard.

Would I still remain a fan? A gentleman never leaves his old lady.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Of course we'd still remain fans. In fact, the only way 99.99% of Juve fans would stop following is if the club changed the name and colors.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I'd still be a fan, no doubt about it, but I really wouldn't care as much. I'd definitely lose a LOT of my attachment to the club if we went the way of PSG/City etc. I love how things are right now, and I hope they stay this way for the foreseeable future.

TARU

Apr 24, 2012
better than poor definitely, just want 1 sugar daddy now to solve our 'top striker' problem. That's it and we are good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)