How would you feel about extremely rich owners in Juventus? (3 Viewers)

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
The plans for the new stadium started way before anyone even uttered the word Calciopoli. It's true that one can debate on whether or not it would have actually happened or not but as far as I know the plans for purchase and demolition of Delle Alpi were already set back then.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The plans for the new stadium started way before anyone even uttered the word Calciopoli. It's true that one can debate on whether or not it would have actually happened or not but as far as I know the plans for purchase and demolition of Delle Alpi were already set back then.
True, but it is entirely possible that the Calciopoli scandal actually accelerated the process of the building of the new stadium, knowing full well that it was gouing to be a long climb back to supremacy.

And again, keep in mind that the Status Quo pre-calciopoli was pretty damn good :D

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
As long as the 'extreme rich owners' were in for the long run and Juventus wasn't just a toy for a rich sheik the next few years, I wouldn't mind.

The idea of youth rather than mercenaries is admirable and in thought very beautiful, but it's a fools idea.

May 22, 2007
The idea of youth rather than mercenaries is admirable and in thought very beautiful, but it's a fools idea.
No team will get away with not having a few pricks in the team (there was this guy from Calciopoli, but I don't know who it was), but Juventus has always had a lot of classy players.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
Besides, this discussion is kinda pointless if UEFA are really serious about FFP. Starting this year there's a continually decreasing limit on the amount owners can inject into clubs each year to cover losses anyway, so a sugar daddy covering our butts to the tune of €50M+ pr. year wouldn't be allowed going forward. Which is probably why we've seen some extreme transfer spending up until now in order to eliminate much of those costs for the monitoring period. They'll probably bank on increasing revenue to cover wage costs but that's hard as a no-name club like City and PSG.

Also why Milan are slashing the wage bill as - even if Berlusconi is capable - he won't be able to float the club on his own anymore with his heroic cash injections.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
They are related but not exactly the same. Ownership majority switched after Calciopoli.. and most big heads during the Calciopoli trial were given jobs in Exxor after calciopoli was over.
Yea they switched the name because of calciopoli in name only. Same family owns it all just bait and switch

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
We, and a select few other clubs have something the nouve rich clubs can never buy: Prestige. IMO, the club besmirches that prestige by whoring itself like PSG/citeh do, even if we achieved our ends through this mean. Lets put it this way (I hate to speak about the BBilan in glowing terms) in light of PSG purchasing Ibra/Thiago silva, Milan will always be Milan. What would citeh be without be w/out their sheik?
There are plenty of teams who used to be GIANTS but were reduced to mediocrity. Milan, Juve and Inter may face that one day. What keeps the GIANT clubs rich now is the fact that they have high marketability already as a brand and so will most probably always have rich owners who can buy a strong brand.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Yea they switched the name because of calciopoli in name only. Same family owns it all just bait and switch
What do you mean switch their name? The value of Juve collapsed after Calciopoli and the ELKanns bought the Agnelli stocks at a cheap price. Calciopoli effectively kicked all Agnelli guys (like the triade) out of Juve and football altogether and left the Elkanns in control not the Agnellis.

They are relatives but not the same people. If anything they probably fucked the Agnelli family that for some reason people are loyal to.

What I care about is to see the Juve shirt winning titles and that needs money. I dont care who owns what or where they come from.

If you care so much about some family in turin owning Juve then you should know that Ghaddafi (the Libyan dictator )invested a LOT of money in Juve.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
What do you mean switch their name? The value of Juve collapsed after Calciopoli and the ELKanns bought the Agnelli stocks at a cheap price. Calciopoli effectively kicked all Agnelli guys (like the triade) out of Juve and football altogether and left the Elkanns in control not the Agnellis.

They are relatives but not the same people. If anything they probably $#@!ed the Agnelli family that for some reason people are loyal to.

What I care about is to see the Juve shirt winning titles and that needs money. I dont care who owns what or where they come from.

If you care so much about some family in turin owning Juve then you should know that Ghaddafi (the Libyan dictator )invested a LOT of money in Juve.
Nah dude. Lol this is italia. The elkanns bought the team on purpose to keep it in the family. It's the way business works there. Example if a company goes into bankruptcy usually another family member will buy the business and make it seem as though it changed hands. New financials etc etc but in reality it's all the same. I should know I have seen it done etc

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Nah dude. Lol this is italia. The elkanns bought the team on purpose to keep it in the family. It's the way business works there. Example if a company goes into bankruptcy usually another family member will buy the business and make it seem as though it changed hands. New financials etc etc but in reality it's all the same. I should know I have seen it done etc
:sergio: :sergio:

OP
Suns

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
  • Thread Starter #57
    Put yourselves in Milan's situation, don't you guys think they wish for a scenario like this right now? Their owner is poor, selling their best players and can't even afford to pay for new players. Isn't that a sign of not being able to run the club? Why not sell it and keep Milan on its usual top level?

Jul 1, 2010
    Put yourselves in Milan's situation, don't you guys think they wish for a scenario like this right now? Their owner is poor, selling their best players and can't even afford to pay for new players. Isn't that a sign of not being able to run the club? Why not sell it and keep Milan on its usual top level?
    Berlusconi acted like a sheikh in the 1980s and early 1990s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)