How would you feel about extremely rich owners in Juventus? (1 Viewer)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I kinda enjoy our faux arrogance of not having a team built on playing Edit Mode.

and besides we HAVE spent a lot of money on players, just entrusted the wrong people with it.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
We, and a select few other clubs have something the nouve rich clubs can never buy: Prestige. IMO, the club besmirches that prestige by whoring itself like PSG/citeh do, even if we achieved our ends through this mean. Lets put it this way (I hate to speak about the BBilan in glowing terms) in light of PSG purchasing Ibra/Thiago silva, Milan will always be Milan. What would citeh be without be w/out their sheik?

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Say what?!?! Juve is one of the greatest clubs in the world! What is Man City, Malaga, Chelsea and PSG? Their just oil-rich clubs that don't value the talent of their players nor their money. Even when we were in $#@! since 2006-11, there was this sense of pride and honor about our club, something you'll never see in clubs like P$G. They can ONLY dream of having icons\legends\gods like Del Piero\Gigi\Trez\Pavel\etc!
This!

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
I don't want to be dirt poor (which we aren't) but I certainly don't want some fucking arabs or russians using Juventus as their personal playground. Our names and history demands a certain respect and moderation.

The Citys and PSGs of the football world are poor excuses for football clubs.

Jul 1, 2010
We, and a select few other clubs have something the nouve rich clubs can never buy: Prestige. IMO, the club besmirches that prestige by whoring itself like PSG/citeh do, even if we achieved our ends through this mean. Lets put it this way (I hate to speak about the BBilan in glowing terms) in light of PSG purchasing Ibra/Thiago silva, Milan will always be Milan. What would citeh be without be w/out their sheik?
Fighting to avoid relegation.

OP
Suns

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
  • Thread Starter #29
    Juventus has traditionally been owned and managed by the Agnelli family and it should continue that way. It would be embarrassing to have this club become the toy of a bored oil billionaire, and it would be even worse when they inevitably look to run away.

---------- Post added 18.07.2012 at 18:01 ----------

I also like the way the club is managed, building on the talented domestic players and being a big influence in the majority of the national team's success. I like watching Italy and seeing all my club players there as well.
    I know, but this is in a scenario where Agnelli's themselves sell club. I love the Agnelli's too and want them to stay.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
    Jan 5, 2006
    It's easy now, most of us will answer no but I wonder what would people say if they were asked last season after we ended 7th twice in a row when we didn't even think about Scudetto.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
    I know, but this is in a scenario where Agnelli's themselves sell club. I love the Agnelli's too and want them to stay.
    Andrea is pretty young, business seems like it's going well. I see no reason why they would sell.

In that scenario, the fans should buy it and run it, like Bayern, Barcelona and Madrid.
    Honestly I'd rather that than being run by a family. Del Piero for President!

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
    Agnelli is not the owner. The Elkanns are our owners now: Exxor to be specific. If anything, the Elkanns probably played a part in Calciopoli.
    Juve is a big name club and if getting richer owners means bigger wage and transfer budgets then by all means sell the club. People wouldnt just come for the money we will be like Madrid. (The brand and the money)

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
    Jun 9, 2011
    Agnelli is not the owner. The Elkanns are our owners now: Exxor to be specific. If anything, the Elkanns probably played a part in Calciopoli.
    Juve is a big name club and if getting richer owners means bigger wage and transfer budgets then by all means sell the club. People wouldnt just come for the money we will be like Madrid. (The brand and the money)
    The agnellis and elkanns are the same family

May 22, 2007
    I still think I'd hate to see mercenaries flooding into the team and not seeing it mainly built around Italians (I symbolise the ultra nationalist fan Cronios hates). Trequartista makes a good point, letting the fans elect new presidents, the club has a successful identity.

The French team used to have classy players that I loved to watch, and now I see them have players insulting the coach and his daughter, and players fighting amongst each other. Tévez refusing to even play for City.

Málaga are in danger as well, they owe their players large portions of their salaries. What even happened over there?

It's easy now, most of us will answer no but I wonder what would people say if they were asked last season after we ended 7th twice in a row when we didn't even think about Scudetto.
    I said no then as well, the club had the wrong people (Secco, Delneri, Zaccheroni) hanging around. Juventus have been among the largest spenders since 2007, and there was still a new privately owned stadium which is something unheard of in Italy.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Of course they are rich, thats not what I'm saying. I'm talking about style of running the club. Those PSG type of owners are willing to create a dream team over night and don't care about money to do so. Agnelli's run a business.
    So "stupid" money as opposed to responsible money is what you're saying?

So we can shell out 20MM Euros for Paulo Ferreira in 2004 prices...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I don't know if this question is relevant or not.

The Agnelli/Elkann family have plenty of money, with diversifed assets in nearly every type of business model imaginable. Their fortune is sustainable due to this versatility. They are not putting all of their eggs in one financial basket.

I think a question that should be asked is if Calciopoli never happened, would Juve even have/had the need for a foreign investor?

Now THAT poses a very interesting question, as to how their business model with the club would have been affected. It's very easy to say that the status quo in regards to how they were doing business back then, but take a look at Inter and Milan for example. 2 clubs who were not nearly as affected, if at all, from Calciopoli, and look at their current state.

Would Juve have actually gone forward with owning their own Stadium? Would the business model have changed in order to compensate for dwindling revenue?

All interesting scenarios, in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)