how many teams in europe are greater than juventus? (2 Viewers)

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Erik-with-a-k said:
Oh the French don't like to admit we exist. Shame the statistics don't favour their position:
You didn't see me comparing with the French though, did you. I just thought it was wrong comparing Ajax with the likes of Real Madrid, Milan, etc. No matter their success in Europe, all in all Ajax as a club is simply not on that level. :ferocious

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Esteban said:
You didn't see me comparing with the French though, did you. I just thought it was wrong comparing Ajax with the likes of Real Madrid, Milan, etc. No matter their success in Europe, all in all Ajax as a club is simply not on that level. :ferocious
Wrong!

Jul 23, 2006
mark83 said:
I´m Marko, glad to meet you.

What is your name?

Why? They aren´t better than Juventus, Bayern, Milan, Barca, Liverpol and Real Madrid but they are not that far from them like he says.
they have a really easy national league to win, they only need 50% concentration(that is, be4 PSV appeared out of nowhere)
since they didnt waste energy in the league matches, they go to uefa champs league games with the best fitness and thus matches are easily won

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
juventus710 said:
they have a really easy national league to win, they only need 50% concentration(that is, be4 PSV appeared out of nowhere)
since they didnt waste energy in the league matches, they go to uefa champs league games with the best fitness and thus matches are easily won
I´m not talking about present time, I´m talking about when they had great teams with Cruyff, van Basten, Bergkamp, Gullit, Rijkaard, Van gaal, Seedorf, Kluivert etc...

Are you trying to tell me that theses teams who dominated the whole Europe is not even near Real Madrid, Juventus, Barcelona?

They are not guilty for playing in weak league and they must be considered as one of the best 10 teams in Europe...

Jul 23, 2006
mark83 said:
I´m not talking about present time, I´m talking about when they had great teams with Cruyff, van Basten, Bergkamp, Gullit, Rijkaard, Van gaal, Seedorf, Kluivert etc...

Are you trying to tell me that theses teams who dominated the whole Europe is not even near Real Madrid, Juventus, Barcelona?

They are not guilty for playing in weak league and they must be considered as one of the best 10 teams in Europe...
top 10, yes
top 5, no
that's what i meant
there's a huge difference in europe between number 5 and number 6

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
juventus710 said:
top 10, yes
top 5, no
that's what i meant
there's a huge difference in europe between number 5 and number 6
Because only 5 teams won Champions League more than 3 times.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Esteban said:
I don't understand, can you elaborate?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
but the question is: "how many teams in Europe are greater than Juventus?" ..

fan bases must also be taken into consideration, because numbers do matter.

one should also keep in mind how much Juventus has contributed to the success of the Azzurri, and how many cup finals altogether the club has appeared in.

are one to suggest that Nottingham Forest is equally great to Juventus simply because the two clubs have won the European Cup the same amount of times?

I don't think it's correct to make a hierarchical list of each and every club in the world. Instead, we should categorize into "great clubs", "top clubs" and "minnows".

Juventus is a great club and so is Real Madrid and Ajax etc. That's the way I see it.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Juventus has the 3rd largest fan base (after Real and Man U) :eyebrows:

I think Real is ahead only because all those 'player fans' join and MU because of all the ex British collonies (like US, Canada, Australia) + they are actually grands of club football.

Those 3 teams also have the biggest market value as well (Barca coming 4th in 2006)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)