how many teams in europe are greater than juventus? (13 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Jacques said:
You should have closed the thread after this post actually.
Yeah perhaps, but that wouldn't be fair to the people who think Juventus is the best club "since sliced bread."

Not to mention those who want the club to be renamed FC Del Pie. We would be so much more successful.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
there are no clubs greater than Juventus...perhaps on the same level as Juve but no1 is above us...and no1 will ever be above the Bianconeri

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Andy said:
Yeah perhaps, but that wouldn't be fair to the people who think Juventus is the best club "since sliced bread."

Not to mention those who want the club to be renamed FC Del Pie. We would be so much more successful.
The real question should have been:

"How many teams are there in Europe besides Juventus?"

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
My opinion, the most successful from each nation =:
Spain: Real Madrid
Italy: Juventus
England: Liverpool
Germany: Bayern Munich
Netherlands: Ajax
Portogal: Benfica

According to both domestic and european success not taking into consideration trophies only (competing is also counted + domistic league difficulty):

1- Real Madrid
2- Bayern Munich
3- Juventus
4- Liverpool (reason its behind Juventus is when they are not winning they are not competing properly)
5- Ajax
6- Benfica

Milan are lower than Juve because they are not even close to Juve's success domistally and Juve might have not won titles as much as milan in europe but they always maintain competition level. I'd place them under Liverpool but higher than Benfica so either above or below Ajax.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Its impossible to come up with complete logical ordering for the reasons based before so I won't pretend my view is better than others. However there is one point I disagree with Erik (yes, again) is that I do think you have to take into evaluation the number of times teams have been competitive throughout the history of the cup. Of course there is a large discontinuity between the winner and the second place, and rightly so, but big teams are considered to be big because they have consistently showed their worth in Europe whether they won the tournament or not. For the same reason, there is no basis on which to regard Lyon, PSV, and to lesser extent Man U & Benfica into the same category with Juve. And by similar reasoning I do not consider Arsenal and Chelski to be a great team in anyway. Ditto for Aston Villa & Nottingham Forrest. Nobody considers Pro Vercelli to be a big team in Italia, for instance, despite how many Lo Scudetto they won back in the days. As they say form is temporary, class is permanent.

Having said that I consider Real, Bayern, Milan, Liverpool to be a superior team, and to lesser extent Ajax as well.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
swag said:
The real question should have been:

"How many teams are there in Europe besides Juventus?"
But then we would garner responses such as there are no other clubs besides Juventus, or Juventus is the only club in the world. So essentially it would just be the same scenario.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
yea Barcelona is also a legendary club...i think the list above is pretty accurate...I would also add Man United and Liverpool to the list as well... but I think only Madrid can be considered superior to Juve

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Andy said:
I hope that's a joke.
More and more people here talk more than they know.

Andy said:

:agree:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Elvin said:
Now tell me, is CSKA Moscow greater club than Spartak Moscow?

Spartak: 9 times Champions of Russia, 3 times Russian Cup winner

CSKA Moscow: 3 times Champions of Russia, 3 times Russian Cup Winner, UEFA Cup winner 2005
Nice try, Elvin!:D :tup:

UEFA Cup? :disagree:

:D

bianco neri said:
i dont think juve is superceded by many teams but many clubs overall success, but we do have a bad history in cl compared to liverpool and milan. but on the other hand we are the best team in italy i.e. scudettos thus eliminating milan from the argument cuz they are not even the best club in their country. only 2 clubs that i mite consider are liverpool and ajax. possibly madrid ...regrettably.
Who´s that in your avatar?

Why do you and Don Bes have the same avatar?

Jun-hide said:
Its impossible to come up with complete logical ordering for the reasons based before so I won't pretend my view is better than others. However there is one point I disagree with Erik (yes, again) is that I do think you have to take into evaluation the number of times teams have been competitive throughout the history of the cup. Of course there is a large discontinuity between the winner and the second place, and rightly so, but big teams are considered to be big because they have consistently showed their worth in Europe whether they won the tournament or not. For the same reason, there is no basis on which to regard Lyon, PSV, and to lesser extent Man U & Benfica into the same category with Juve. And by similar reasoning I do not consider Arsenal and Chelski to be a great team in anyway. Ditto for Aston Villa & Nottingham Forrest. Nobody considers Pro Vercelli to be a big team in Italia, for instance, despite how many Lo Scudetto they won back in the days. As they say form is temporary, class is permanent.

Having said that I consider Real, Bayern, Milan, Liverpool to be a superior team, and to lesser extent Ajax as well.
:blah:

bianconero said:
No one is better than Juve: We have Del Piero:

Cased closed.
:rofl2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)