Hernanes (4 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Ahh fvck. No offense Post Ironic/ @Kieselguhr Kid, but I would have been much more content if it had gotten Denebs seal of approval too :p
lol thanks :D i do approve of it, one of my favorite books, BUT for me it was a very challenging read, pynchon is crazy smart with really obsuce references, it took me forever to finish the book, but imo it was worth it, not like that garbage by mann 'magic mountain'

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
:lol: None taken. I'm pretty sure he quite likes it also. I don't think there's a person alive who could call Gravity's Rainbow an easy read. I've read it several times over the years, and it never gets easier. It's quite similar to Catch-22 in being incredibly entertaining, while also being densely packed with references and strange twists and turns that transform the book into a labyrinthine epic that can be difficult to follow at times. GR probably a little more difficult than Catch-22. I think one can choose just how seriously to take all these divergences and side trips and whether or not to research every random bit of information that floats by. One can make a mammoth study of each of these books, or make their way through purely for entertainment. The biggest difference is the length, as Catch-22 is only 450 pages or so, whereas Gravity's Rainbow clocks in at 770ish. I found this a plus, as with books I love I always loathe that they end. I've never met a fan of Catch-22 that didn't enjoy Gravity's Rainbow upon reading, and the reverse is also true.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

Would you change my name back to Post Ironic? Please. It seems people know me as that anyways, the new name hasn't really gone the distance. I promise not to ask for another change! :p

- - - Updated - - -

Hope you enjoy it if you do! It's a doozy.
well said :tup: and done

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
lol thanks :D i do approve of it, one of my favorite books, BUT for me it was a very challenging read, pynchon is crazy smart with really obsuce references, it took me forever to finish the book, but imo it was worth it, not like that garbage by mann 'magic mountain'

I haven't tried "Magic Mountain" yet, but "Joseph and His Brothers" was one of the more mind-numbing things I've ever read. It took me over a year to slog my way through it, and I think I must have read another 20 or so books during that period just to escape from its dreary pages. Can't stand Mann. He reminds me of Proust in a way, they both have an incredibly long-winded narrative style that often goes out of control without ever really saying anything of much importance. Dreary observations on life by dreary men.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012

I haven't tried "Magic Mountain" yet, but "Joseph and His Brothers" was one of the more mind-numbing things I've ever read. It took me over a year to slog my way through it, and I think I must have read another 20 or so books during that period just to escape from its dreary pages. Can't stand Mann. He reminds me of Proust in a way, they both have an incredibly long-winded narrative style that often goes out of control without ever really saying anything of much importance. Dreary observations on life by dreary men.
Your username is supposed to be in one word. What are you doing?

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Like it or not this guy will play many games for us. His versatility and experience will bring him minutes on the pitch.

A lot will depend on him if Pogba continues with his tricks and flicks (20+ lost balls per game) and the rest of the team keep looking upfront in desperate attempt to find a little bulky man with scars in oppositions half.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
:agree: Thomas Mann sucks.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
What's your guys take on him: is he superior to Pereyra? Consider the possibility of regaining/surpass Lazio form along with Pereyra's potential with his improvements last season. Is Hernanes really the 'safe card' to play?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
From the games I saw when he played against us, he is definitely better and much more dangerous with the then pereyra.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I liked his interview today he seems fired up. I am genuinely excited about him i think we will bring out the best in him my biggest worry is how the whole team will gel with so many new players if Hernanes was here last year we would of looked alot more solid.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Hernanes played in Brazil till he was 25 or something. He had a few amazing years at Sao Paulo. A total beast as a CM. I was pretty sure he would be a world class player, Barcelona level CM. His awareness and ability to use both feet to pass and shoot is off the charts.

However as an AM I think he lacks speed/movement/flair/vision.

Anyway he's better than Khedira (who is always injured anyway) and should get a starting spot immediately. Pereyra can do better as an AM imo.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
What's your guys take on him: is he superior to Pereyra? Consider the possibility of regaining/surpass Lazio form along with Pereyra's potential with his improvements last season. Is Hernanes really the 'safe card' to play?
pereyra is not an effective player when it comes to any kind of defensive task. he can run, his position is fine, he's got tactical discipline, sure, but he can't tackle or steal balls too effectively, and easy to dribble past. hernanes is an other story: he used to play as a dm, and even at :inter: he had some decent defensive stats for an offensive player. he could be more useful when losing possession than pereyra.

offensively, pereyra is faster, can dribble past opponents more frequently, and can create almost as good as hernanes. my main concern with our new guy is that he's never been a fast player, and he rarely hit his top form during the last 3 seasons, which apparently shows his age. he's a good passer, shoots fine with either feet (e.g. left, right), he has a massive defensive workrate for an attacking player, so on paper, he could be a better asset than pereyra. he has to hit top form for that, though.

for me, pereyra is a great impact sub. we always play better offensively when he's subbed in when we're in trouble. but he's not an ideal starter for our current style of play.

just my 2 cents, of course

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
pereyra is not an effective player when it comes to any kind of defensive task. he can run, his position is fine, he's got tactical discipline, sure, but he can't tackle or steal balls too effectively, and easy to dribble past. hernanes is an other story: he used to play as a dm, and even at :inter: he had some decent defensive stats for an offensive player. he could be more useful when losing possession than pereyra.

offensively, pereyra is faster, can dribble past opponents more frequently, and can create almost as good as hernanes. my main concern with our new guy is that he's never been a fast player, and he rarely hit his top form during the last 3 seasons, which apparently shows his age. he's a good passer, shoots fine with either feet (e.g. [video=youtube;r0LhXRbZi08]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg2RVwYf27k"]left[/URL], [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0LhXRbZi08[/video]), he has a massive defensive workrate for an attacking player, so on paper, he could be more useful than pereyra. he has to hit top form for that, though.

just my 2 cents, of course
:tup:

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I agree with you guys. We should play Hernanes as a CM and Pereyra as a CAM. The strongest 4312 lineup has both of them in it.

Morata - Dybala
Pereyra
Pogba - Marchisio - Hernanes
A. Sandro - Chiellini - Bonucci - Licht
Buffon​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)