Hernanes (17 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Aslong as he dont ignore the forwards, ill not be mad at him. Allegri will have to work on him if he wants to be our AM it seems.

I like his long range shots..we need those. I dont have a problem with him not being pacy...but i have a problem with him if his passes are cack and he doesnt have enought vision..which is the main trait of a playmaker.

But oh well, that what u get when you look for answers in the trash of others. Lets hope allegri takes out the best of him and we can negotiate this year peacefully.

Buy on AliExpress.com

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
@catch22 (read the awesome book?) I remember him fondly from Lazio, watched him plenty there except for Inter at times. Looked great on the surface, but also why I disagreed with people suggesting we sign him when he was at his best with lazio, was exactly because of these traits, and mainly how inconsistent he can be.

I would take Nainggolan since he has the edge over Marchisio for being a totally dominant force engine wise, he really can bully an entire defence on his own. Even if he lacks technically, and Marchisio is more well rounded player, that impact alone Nainggolan can have on a midfield is why I would give him the edge.

But if Marchisio was compared to DDR, easily Claudio over him (except for long range passing).
If we had only one spot open, he wouldn't start over Marchisio at Juve. While Marchisio can't dominate opposition like Radja, he covers space very well and can bring cohesion to the midfield which is what we are lacking currently. If we are talking about overall quality, I think it comes down to preference based on play style. I'd pick Marchisio (see my avatar for more info :D), but I can definitely see why others would pick Radja. That said, fuck the cockheaded douchebag :p

eringi

Jul 15, 2002
However we spin it, the reality is that this is kind of sad. We win the league 4 years in a row, reach the final of the champions league and some of the best players in the world decide to take a hike - albeit for different reasons. The Vidal one really still stings - i.e. you're not big enough for my ambitions, i'll go to Bayern - dude!!! :( and then to make matters worse, we get a Chelsea flop Hernanes and some dude from the French league most of us only saw play once.
I still believe we will be fine in Serie A once Marchision and Khedira get back -- as for Champions League - i wasn't dreaming that we would get back to the final this year but now i wonder if we make it out of our own group! Am i being too pessimistic?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
However we spin it, the reality is that this is kind of sad. We win the league 4 years in a row, reach the final of the champions league and some of the best players in the world decide to take a hike - albeit for different reasons. The Vidal one really still stings - i.e. you're not big enough for my ambitions, i'll go to Bayern - dude!!! :( and then to make matters worse, we get a Chelsea flop Hernanes and some dude from the French league most of us only saw play once.
I still believe we will be fine in Serie A once Marchision and Khedira get back -- as for Champions League - i wasn't dreaming that we would get back to the final this year but now i wonder if we make it out of our own group! Am i being too pessimistic?
not too pessimistic but still pessimistic

Serie A - :tup:
CL - as you said, we shouldnt expect to make the final again (even though its still very possible), but with this team we can reach QF, maybe even SF depending on the draw. im quite confident we can pass this group.

catch22

Aug 23, 2015

I think the fate of this season is down to few things:
Allegri's formation. He needs to pick one, and the right one. This isn't a side which has played together for years and therefore can chop and change between different formations without issues.

Chiellini and Barzagli are getting older, and if their performance drops off significantly this side will struggle, especially if Allegri is too slow to give Rugani the opportunity to take their place.

Clearly how long the new players take to settle.

Whether Pogba can handle being 'the star', because thus far he seems on the verge of imploding

Lastly I think Dybala is the most important factor. And to a lesser degree whether Allegri realises this soon enough. Dybala needs to start, and he needs to fulfill his potential very quickly.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
That is weird. I thought I would put a bit of effort into it because I thought I was in a unique position to analyse him as I watched him basically every week. Anyway, at least someone appreciated it.
I read it, mate. Thanks for your insight. Not many other members seem to actually know Hernanes from a bar of soap.

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
Pretty much yeah.

Or Marchisio v De Rossi
Pogba v Nainggolan
Hernanes v Pjanic (FYI obviously the bosnian over him)
Khedira/Sturaro/Asamoah vs Keita/Ucan/Some french/belgian guy I cant spell the name of :howler:

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that goes without saying, and this is why typical poachers like Icardi is almost extinct amongst top teams now. You wont see much of Pippo Inzaghi's and Trezeguets dominating the attacking charts in top footie now or in past decade. You have to be a complete and all around attacker or you arent good enough use to your team. Icardi is a better finisher then Morata, but there is no way I would replace the clinical argie with our young dynamic stud.

Btw, I havent welcomed you yet, good posts, benvenuto to this loony bin of a place :tup:
I agree wholeheartedly, and thank you

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Allegri's formation. He needs to pick one, and the right one. This isn't a side which has played together for years and therefore can chop and change between different formations without issues.

Chiellini and Barzagli are getting older, and if their performance drops off significantly this side will struggle, especially if Allegri is too slow to give Rugani the opportunity to take their place.

Whether Pogba can handle being 'the star', because thus far he seems on the verge of imploding

Lastly I think Dybala is the most important factor. And to a lesser degree whether Allegri realises this soon enough. Dybala needs to start, and he needs to fulfill his potentially very quickly.
Also in agreement. Especially about Pogba.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Lastly I think Dybala is the most important factor. And to a lesser degree whether Allegri realises this soon enough. Dybala needs to start, and he needs to fulfill his potentially very quickly.
Dybala started vs Roma already. i think he will play more as the season goes on. Morata-Mandzukic(-Cuadrado) will be seen very often i think but for the CL id always pick Dybala-Morata.

also, im not worried about Pogba. once Marchisio is back, he wouldnt have such a big hole behind him but an actual quality player instead, so i think he will have a lot less responsibility laying on him and could focus on his usual game. Khedira and Asamoah will also return soon so that helps too.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
icemaη;5088958 said:
If we had only one spot open, he wouldn't start over Marchisio at Juve. While Marchisio can't dominate opposition like Radja, he covers space very well and can bring cohesion to the midfield which is what we are lacking currently. If we are talking about overall quality, I think it comes down to preference based on play style. I'd pick Marchisio (see my avatar for more info :D), but I can definitely see why others would pick Radja. That said, fuck the cockheaded douchebag :p
Yeah agree on the different characteristics.

And I'm talking about overall quality impact, and thats why I would give the edge to the cokehead :D He is really force of nature, a lesser version of Vidal, but as close to him as you can get right now (defensively, offensively he is cack).

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
I read it, mate. Thanks for your insight. Not many other members seem to actually know Hernanes from a bar of soap.
Yeah, I was violently shaking my head at some of the posts I've been reading. I think some people have just looked at his assist and goal stats and together with the fact he played mostly as an AM have decided that he must be a top notch 'creative' player.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I think I will like this guy so quickly. Despite his Serie B comments for inter.

He seems like a smart guy but not cunning. He looks like a good person overall. He is showing very mature and professional attitude towards his former clubs. And he is a player that deserves a lot of trophies, but was unlucky with his past teams. I hope he gets the recognition he deserves with us.

Forza Hernanes.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
“What attracted me to Juventus is the size of the club, and the fact they keep winning year after year. I want to be a pillar of the side and help Juve win even more.”

This "what attracted me" bullshit needs to stop

Get your head out of your ass and prove us wrong with winning the 5th scudetto, our 11th Italian cup and a sexy Champions league title.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Always hoped we would sign him as Pirlo replacement couple of years ago, when he was still at Lazio. Has disappeared since, but still have great hopes for him!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)