Gym and fitness (17 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I eat healthy and don't drink, but i don't want to live forever, in matters of living I'm more concerned with quality than quantity.
:tup:

Distance runners have both terrible overall athleticism, and mediocre physiques.

There’s no problem with doing a bit of cardio, but it should never be the main path to weight loss and a better physique.

The body also adapts to stress and requires more and more of cardio to burn calories. And without increasing lean muscle mass your body doesn’t efficiently burn calories outside your cardio sessions.

I don't think you should do cardio, and running in particular, for a better physique. It does improve your heart function and the ability to go up a flight of stairs without panting is nice too.

There are plenty of people who look great without running though and plenty of runners who look awful.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
You also weightlift if I recall correctly, and do various body weight exercises. So not really meant for you.

I’m referring to distance in the sense of ~marathons. Running exclusively, or as the vast majority of your exercise, is not all that beneficial for musculoskeletal health imo.
:agree: I don't understand this recent fad of running half-marathons and marathons. Sure it's a great achievement and boosts your ego, but it doesn't do much for your physique and takes a terrible toll on your knees

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
:agree: I don't understand this recent fad of running half-marathons and marathons. Sure it's a great achievement and boosts your ego, but it doesn't do much for your physique and takes a terrible toll on your knees
It’s fun. Though I only run like one marathon a year. A couple halfs. Some 10ks. I gym too but I enjoy running.

As for the knees. It’s 50/50 some people have problems, others don’t.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It’s fun. Though I only run like one marathon a year. A couple halfs. Some 10ks. I gym too but I enjoy running.

As for the knees. It’s 50/50 some people have problems, others don’t.
I do mountain ridge and trail running and find it super fun. Though I keep it to a dull roar.

I wasn’t implying above that running as part of an overall fitness routine is bad for athleticism or means one will have a bad physique.

More so that people whose entire fitness routine is cardio/running generally are very weak in terms of musculoskeletal and it’s not particularly good for being in good overall shape/highly functional physically.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I do mountain ridge and trail running and find it super fun. Though I keep it to a dull roar.

I wasn’t implying above that running as part of an overall fitness routine is bad for athleticism or means one will have a bad physique.

More so that people whose entire fitness routine is cardio/running generally are very weak in terms of musculoskeletal and it’s not particularly good for being in good overall shape/highly functional physically.
I know what you mean. That’s why I mix in the weights and the climbing.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

It's better than a lot of people would have you believe though. And it's important to do some cardio in your life.

But in terms of looks it's just not strictly necessary, especially not if you're a man. People who go running expecting that it will make them look great are going to be disappointed.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
do incline press

normal bench is shit for shoulders and decline bench gives you woman titties. Dips are nice as well but they will also fuck your shoulders if executed incorrectly
I do both flat and incline. 1RM flat is 275 pounds but honestly I think I can push that a bit more at full strength. Dips I use to finish off chest and triceps. My gym also has one of these, which I quite like to alternate with at times: https://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/dip-machine

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Barbell Breast Press
Incline Bench Press
Dumbbell Breast Press + Push-up
dumbbell Chest
cable iron cross
Biceps hammer curl
Standing Barbell
Standing Biceps Cable Curl
Bench Dips

===================================================
Shoulder and Tricep

Seated Behind the Neck Press
Dumbbell Standing Arnold Press
Barbell Front Raise
Dumbbell Lateral Raise
curved barbell from behind the head
Triceps Pushdown
Barbell Upright Row

-===========================================

Back and legs and abdomen

Romanian Deadlift
Bent Over Row
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown
Close-Grip Front Lat
Seated Cable Row
pullover
Seated Calf Raises
Standing Calf Raises
=======================================

Legs

Squat
Leg press
Calf Press Leg Press Machine
One Leg Dumbbell Squat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)