Gym and fitness (36 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I suffered from that for a good while.

After coming back from a long recovery period, I decided to stop doing certain exercises that would fuck with my left shoulder.
It's my left shoulder too. I have a slight overall weakness on the left arm compared to right but tried to be a big man lifting the same and ignoring twinges. One morning woke up and it hurt and has been weak since.

Basically can't do more than baby weights on front raises or any kind of upper chest or shoulder press. Seems to go into the left trap as well.

Anyway I struggle to not go to the gym so it's frustrating.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yes. I took a shower. And a bath.

Im laying in bed now. How much did you eat? I feel like i could eat a horse. No muscles hurting but had a headache. No running/exercise for a week now?
Eat as much as you want but eat good stuff. Drink a ton of water.

It’s up to you. Run/exercise when you feel up to it. I’d recommend at least going on some walks this week.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's my left shoulder too. I have a slight overall weakness on the left arm compared to right but tried to be a big man lifting the same and ignoring twinges. One morning woke up and it hurt and has been weak since.

Basically can't do more than baby weights on front raises or any kind of upper chest or shoulder press. Seems to go into the left trap as well.

Anyway I struggle to not go to the gym so it's frustrating.
Once the pain goes away entirely, uber lightweight rotation exercises and lots of stretching (not to the point of any discomfort in this case) is the way to go. Slowly you’ll regain strength and mobility and should be able to continue with those exercises again.

When I got my shoulder impingement several years ago, I thought I’d work through it and ended up tearing my rotator cuff, which made for a much longer recovery... so I’d definitely be careful with any sort of movement that causes discomfort.

I assume you are seeing a physio for it?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Once the pain goes away entirely, uber lightweight rotation exercises and lots of stretching (not to the point of any discomfort in this case) is the way to go. Slowly you’ll regain strength and mobility and should be able to continue with those exercises again.

When I got my shoulder impingement several years ago, I thought I’d work through it and ended up tearing my rotator cuff, which made for a much longer recovery... so I’d definitely be careful with any sort of movement that causes discomfort.

I assume you are seeing a physio for it?
Yeah, just don’t lift anything until all the pain goes away. I had the same thing happen to my shoulder. I didn’t go to a doctor or anything but I just stopped lifting and doing really light shit once it went away. I was also like 22 so the recovery was somewhat fast, aka half a year to lift heavy again.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Hi guys
I have a question related to this thread.
Im usually a guy that cant do sport things unless they are masked - For example I have a tough time going to a gym on a constant basis and I end up giving up after 3-4 times..
I do however do some sport activity through playing basketball with friends..

I was wondering about EMS Abs Stimulator that people sell online on Amazon and other sites - I guess its garbage but I want to ask anyway - Did anyone here try these EMS Abs Stimulators?
What are your experiences from it - good, bad, meh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)