Gym and fitness (14 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I also think front raises are a waste of time. You hit that with bench, shoulder press and incline. I do incline on shoulder day as well (45 degrees I think and I do 30 degree one for chest day). That destroys front delt because you use big weigts there. So front raises are :tdown: imo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I heard that for some it dowsnt make a difference.
lol

I also think front raises are a waste of time. You hit that with bench, shoulder press and incline. I do incline on shoulder day as well (45 degrees I think and I do 30 degree one for chest day). That destroys front delt because you use big weigts there. So front raises are :tdown: imo.
Agreed. I hate those.

Do you do shoulder presses seated or standing? Barbell or dumbbells?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I do seated with barbell. The reason is that I use much more weights plus I find it difficult to get the weights up while using dumbbells (eh and my dumbbells kinda suck).

Right now I do them with 58kg

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I do seated with barbell. The reason is that I use much more weights plus I find it difficult to get the weights up while using dumbbells (eh and my dumbbells kinda suck).

Right now I do them with 58kg
I prefer seated as well. Standing shoulder presses tend to put a lot of stress on my lower back.

35kg is my max so far. 58kg sounds tough.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I prefer seated as well. Standing shoulder presses tend to put a lot of stress on my lower back.

Indeed. It needs a lot time to get used to and and imo it's just not really worth it.

I've built a lot of strength while doing 5x5 program. I remember doing 60kg shoulder press for 5x5 and it was literally killing me and it's when I started hating it. Mentally I don't think any routine is as hard as 5x5, it's just a killer. I was sitting at home many times and remembered like 'oh shit, today is shoulder press/squatting..' and I was doing it 2-3 times per week, so you can imagine that hell. Same goes for squats, I was doing them 3 times per week with 106kg which was like a truck for me. So so sooooo fucking hard but totally worth doing it.

Now after I stopped doing I made myself more strength so I'm doing 58kg press but I do 10, 10, 8, 8 reps. Same for legs, I use weights but I do 10, 10, 10, 10. Strength will come eventually with time, you just have to keep going. The worst thing is when you need months to build strength and then you stop going or get ill and lose like everything. But even then it's easier cause of the muscle memory.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Batista's Return to WWE

why nobody create Separate thread about wwe here ??!!!

wwe is exciting sport but i think in this forum havent fan

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011

You should always do seated shoulder press because it isolates your shoulders where as when you're standing, you use a lot of momentum from you legs and back to do a rep, which you don't want. Most seated exercises are best because you negate the use of other muscles that could help you when you're trying to focus on one muscle group.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
You should always do seated shoulder press because it isolates your shoulders where as when you're standing, you use a lot of momentum from you legs and back to do a rep, which you don't want. Most seated exercises are best because you negate the use of other muscles that could help you when you're trying to focus on one muscle group.
True. :agree:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
mines pretty meh these days :p but emphasis on heavy and good form.

Monday legs: 6 sets of squat, 3 leg press, 3 leg curls, 3 leg extensions, 4 calves
Tuesday back & tris: 5 sets of pulldown, 3 tbar row, 3 seated rows, 3 standing lat pushdown, and 10 sets of tris(i mix them up)
wednesday: 6 dumbbell shoulder press, and coz i messed up wrist all my raises i am doing with cables so about 8-10 sets of different raises, 3 smith machine behind the head shoulder press, 9 sets of bis(first 3 really heavy)
Friday: 50-60 pullups in 3 sets, roman chair front and sides(about 9 sets), 3 front bridge, and 10 sets of abs
Saturday: 6 bench press, 3 dumbbell incline press, 3 cable flies, 3 cable cross, 3 light high rep smith machine incline press

Golazo

★ ★ ★
Sep 1, 2011
Can't stand the gym myself (find it incredibly boring being in a room) even though my father was an interstate bodybuilder and still gymming 1-2 times a day at 62, the nut bag.

Prefer playing football, futsal, t-league (variant of touch rugby league) and surfing these days.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
mines pretty meh these days :p but emphasis on heavy and good form.

Monday legs: 6 sets of squat, 3 leg press, 3 leg curls, 3 leg extensions, 4 calves
Tuesday back & tris: 5 sets of pulldown, 3 tbar row, 3 seated rows, 3 standing lat pushdown, and 10 sets of tris(i mix them up)
wednesday: 6 dumbbell shoulder press, and coz i messed up wrist all my raises i am doing with cables so about 8-10 sets of different raises, 3 smith machine behind the head shoulder press, 9 sets of bis(first 3 really heavy)
Friday: 50-60 pullups in 3 sets, roman chair front and sides(about 9 sets), 3 front bridge, and 10 sets of abs
Saturday: 6 bench press, 3 dumbbell incline press, 3 cable flies, 3 cable cross, 3 light high rep smith machine incline press
Man that's some heavy ass shit, 6 sets of each biggest exercise... I'd probably die will doing that. But cheers.

What's your take on doing full body workouts or upper/lower routines? I see many people (not beginners, surprisingly) doing it. That way they hit each muscle 2 times per week.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't stand the gym myself (find it incredibly boring being in a room) even though my father was an interstate bodybuilder and still gymming 1-2 times a day at 62, the nut bag.

Prefer playing football, futsal, t-league (variant of touch rugby league) and surfing these days.
As long as you're in a good shape/form :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)