Gym and fitness (56 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
quetza, about your focus question, use the timer on your phone to have a set time between sets and also a timer for the whole work out session, this will drive efficiency and therefore force you to focus. There are also supplements that help with the focus the last one i tried was hemavol, a bit pricey but pretty good imo

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
We're still taller than Giovinco :stuckup:
quetza, about your focus question, use the timer on your phone to have a set time between sets and also a timer for the whole work out session, this will drive efficiency and therefore force you to focus. There are also supplements that help with the focus the last one i tried was hemavol, a bit pricey but pretty good imo
If possible, find someone to work out with you. Literally anyone. I took my female friend that didn't even know what bench pressing was and taught her what I know, gave me so much more motivation and drive :D.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Losing weight, get yo diet straight. Exercise is important, but it won't get you where you wanna be if you don't have a proper diet. So sort that out.

Okay, so I'll just tell you what I do and open myself to criticism from the experds here (which I look forward to). When you get a programme someone else gives you, eventually you learn what's good for you and you tweak it to suit.

Day 1: Chest & Tri; Day 2: Back & Shoulders; Day 3: Legs & Bi

* when I do 4 sets, they are usually sets of 12, then 10, then 8, 6... or until failure. Others say do 3 sets with higher intensity, but I like it this way.

** as you're now starting, the volume below may be too great, so don't overwork yourself, and don't so much that would discourage from going back. Also, get your form straight before looking to go heavy. SOme exercises, form is more critical or you can injure yourself easily: squats, bench presses.

You can this website to see what exercises you can do for each specific muscle, and there are gifs to show how you to do them - http://exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

Chest: 4 sets flat bench press, 4 sets incline press, 4 sets dumbbell pullover, 4 sets incline dumbbell press, 4 sets of dips (if you can't do up to 12, do until failure)
This routine may be repetitive and over focus on upper chest but I feel that I may have been overdeveloping lower, so now I'm compensating.

Tri: 4 sets kickbacks, 4 sets lying tricep extension, 4 sets cable pushdown

Back: 4 wide grip chin ups, 4 front pulldown, 4 seated high row, 4 bent-over dumbbell rows, 4 hyperextension

Shoulders: 4 dumbbell shoulder presses, 4 lateral raises, 4 rear lateral raise, 4 front raise, 4 seated reverse fly, 4 upright row

Legs: 4 squats, 4 loaded leg press, 4 lunges, 4 leg extension (gonna do away with, apparently is bad for your knees), 4 hamstring curls, 4 seated hip adduction, 4 standing calf raises, 4 seated calf raise with plates (not sure what it's called)

Bi: 4 dumbbell curls, 4 barbell curls, 4 hammer curls
This is why I don't do 2 muscle groups per workout. For example, in my opinion, doing just 3 exercises for triceps is too low, but I understand why you have to do so considering you'll be exhausted from your chest workout before.

I tend to do about 6/7 exercises sticking to a 10/12 rep range for each muscle group.

Do you usually do all those exercises during your back/shoulder day? That's too much for me, but I don't know if that's limiting the weight you're lifting.

Just my two cents, of course.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
6-7 exercises for small muscles like tris and bis is way too much, i like quetza's routine, it's only missing core and ab exercises
I tend to combine triceps and biceps in the same workout. Usually 6 for tris and 3 for bis. I tend to over train triceps because it's my favorite muscle to train. :D

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I tend to combine triceps and biceps in the same workout. Usually 6 for tris and 3 for bis. I tend to over train triceps because it's my favorite muscle to train. :D
I despise triceps, never seem to improve on them.
Regarding dieting is it bad that I eat alot of spicy food? I also usea lot of red pepper flakes. Also regarding Cardio, should i do it or does it have no additional affect?
What do you mean additional affect?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Thanks, makes sense. No wonder it coincides with my watch strap bursting.

This is why I don't do 2 muscle groups per workout. For example, in my opinion, doing just 3 exercises for triceps is too low, but I understand why you have to do so considering you'll be exhausted from your chest workout before.

I tend to do about 6/7 exercises sticking to a 10/12 rep range for each muscle group.

Do you usually do all those exercises during your back/shoulder day? That's too much for me, but I don't know if that's limiting the weight you're lifting.

Just my two cents, of course.
Well I kinda adjusted it for Alex' sake since he only has 3 days per week. My cycle is 4 days: chest/tri, back/bi, shoulders/whatever needs more attention (or just an easy day with just shoulders alone lol), just legs.

I think the three tris are sufficient after chest since the tris do get worked secondarily with a lot of the chest exercises - the 3 presses and the dips. Actually, tris and chest are where I'm most pleased with my progress.

6-7 exercises for small muscles like tris and bis is way too much, i like quetza's routine, it's only missing core and ab exercises
God, I despise those and don't think I'll ever incorporate them.
Far too many shoulder raises.
I try to target all parts of the deltoids there :boh:
I heard that for some it dowsnt make a difference.
who the hell told you that?

it definitely does.
Yeah, but resistance is better because it keeps your metabolism up for a whole day after the exercise while the cardio is just while you do the exercise. Cardio's supposed to have some benefit, but I can't remember... Increased heart rate maybe? But never mind me, do your cardio, I'm sure it's necessary, I just hate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)