Gym and fitness (22 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I would like to start working out, but I have no idea of what to do. I have no money for a gym membership and the only equipment I have to work with is this 8 pound weight...thing:
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3813/downsized0714110124.jpg
For my arms I do pull ups (3 or 4 sets of however many I can do), push ups (same), and I lift that weight (same). For my stomach I do planks and leg lifts, since I'm pretty sure I don't know how to do bicycle crunches properly. I have no idea of what to do for my legs without killing my knees. Anything else I should do/not do? I can't find any motivation to workout consistently anyway, but I can only fix that myself.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
I didn't but my friend did, and he is pleased. Pak is vitamins but I'm sure you know that :) However there are like 9 tabs inside one pack and that is too much IMO. Opti-men would be my choice, 3 tablets daily with meal sound much more appealing.
Yeah i know it's vitamins, a friend of mine got 2 but he said he only needs one and gave me the other so i'm gonna try it and see how it works, there are 11 pills per bag and 44 (or 45 don't remember well) bags.

I think it will come handy since i haven't been taking any sups for a while (not even vitamins).

I'll start tomorrow and see how it goes, cheers mate. :D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
So everybody has one dominant side of their body, is there any other way of balancing certain parts out? My left arm is smaller than my right & my left leg is bigger than my right.

I've been told to focus on hammer & concentration curls with dumbbells & to do killer one leg squats with a physio ball variation to correct it over time. Also before Dusan says it, it's not because of only jerking off with my right arm, both do the job well.:D

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
So everybody has one dominant side of their body, is there any other way of balancing certain parts out? My left arm is smaller than my right & my left leg is bigger than my right.

I've been told to focus on hammer & concentration curls with dumbbells & to do killer one leg squats with a physio ball variation to correct it over time. Also before Dusan says it, it's not because of only jerking off with my right arm, both do the job well.:D
A lot of people will tell you different things. Use a bar instead of separate dumbbells, work on your weak side only. I have the same deal. My left is usually smaller than my right. To avoid it you need to use dumbbells over bar and make sure your form is identical for both sides. I recommend you focus on your weak side and give it some extra attention for a few sessions.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
A lot of people will tell you different things. Use a bar instead of separate dumbbells, work on your weak side only. I have the same deal. My left is usually smaller than my right. To avoid it you need to use dumbbells over bar and make sure your form is identical for both sides. I recommend you focus on your weak side and give it some extra attention for a few sessions.
I've been working with barbells for over a month & that's when i've started noticing the difference, i guess i boils down to my right arm doing the bulk of the lifting.

I'm not doing isolation exercises now, so if i do incorporate various curls how many sets & reps would you suggest to correct then issue?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I've been working with barbells for over a month & that's when i've started noticing the difference, i guess i boils down to my right arm doing the bulk of the lifting.

I'm not doing isolation exercises now, so if i do incorporate various curls how many sets & reps would you suggest to correct then issue?
Pretty much.

Well my advice would be not to incorporated and add new exercises. If its your arms you're worried about, give your right arm a rest for a few sessions and work just the left in your normal routine. Your right will still be maintained by your shoulder and bench exercises etc. until your left catches up.

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
Going to California for a pre-season vacation before I head out to Italy and reached my goal for Cali, I'm at 210lbs right now on the leaner side.. Lost 8-9 lbs of fat in 1 1/2 months... More veins are noticeable and since I've been working on my cardio my stamina has almost doubled. My current measurements are; ht - 6'2 wt - 210 lbs, chest - 42/42 1/2 inches, biceps- 15 3/4, waist (navel) - 36 inches, waist (pants) - 33 inches, quads - 23 1/2 inches ( jacked, lol )

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I'm looking to get a tattoo on my chest just a small bit of writing and was wondering will body building effect it because i plan on eventually getting a lot bigger than i am now i've done a bit of research on this online and have found different opinions, has anyone here had a tattoo then increased muscle after than can help me?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Hah, that question is relevant to me as well. I've grown quite a belly ever since i graduated and started working :sergio:

The best way is cardio btw. Just do a lot of running.

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
I got a tattoo on my cock once, works fine.

What's the fastest and easiest way to lose a belly (especially lower part)?
You can't spot burn fat, lower part of belly or lower abs is the hardest/last place that a man will lose fat.

Best bet is to decrease/terminate intake of refined sugar/carbs and adopt a protein/high veggie diet coupled with some form of cardio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)