Gym and fitness (60 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
i go to bed about 11pm up at 6-630 walk dog,cycle to work....
work out in the evening or do
2.30 sessions punchbag work followed by working on front kicks,side kicks,turning kicks,do 4 sets of this then core workout

Buy on AliExpress.com

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Piss off.:D

Lately i've been struggling with my stamina & endurance. I feel tired half way through my workout & it's not my protein intake because i spread it out over 30g per meal. So maybe i need to really start working hard on my cardio, particularly HIIT.
I totally dropped any kind of diet, although I never was on some particular diet. I just tried to watch what I eat and at what time. I lost around 3-4 kg's for sure, mostly because I eat less than usual and doing BJJ in Gi at 30C will literally melt you. Also I didn't take protein shake for 2 months or more. But I'm satisfied with my stamina, recently I had 40min fight spread over 8 fights of 5min and managed to endure it. I consider it a big achievement since I didn't train at all for more than a month before that (I broke a tendon in my finger).

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Not here to offend or to make fun of bodybuilders but I just wanna express my opinion.

I really do not know why people find those types of bodies attractive,and when I say i don't know i really mean it,because when I first ever joined a Gym my aim was to build huge muscles as much as I could and at the same time gain strength but in the mid way I discovered that Budybuilding is the last thing that can make a body look attractive i mean an attractive muscle is not necessarily a big muscle and those who have bigger muscles are not always attractive, and that strength has nothing to do with the size of the muscle or in a better meaning a big muscle is not necessarily a strong muscle.Till now I don't know why many people dream to have those kinds of bodies.

Do you really Dusan want to become like those budyuilders shown in the video? and what is your target exactly ? size,strength or a good look?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Not here to offend or to make fun of bodybuilders but I just wanna express my opinion.

I really do not know why people find those types of bodies attractive,and when I say i don't know i really mean it,because when I first ever joined a Gym my aim was to build huge muscles as much as I could and at the same time gain strength but in the mid way I discovered that Budybuilding is the last thing that can make a body look attractive i mean an attractive muscle is not necessarily a big muscle and those who have bigger muscles are not always attractive, and that strength has nothing to do with the size of the muscle or in a better meaning a big muscle is not necessarily a strong muscle.Till now I don't know why many people dream to have those kinds of bodies.

Do you really Dusan want to become like those budyuilders shown in the video? and what is your target exactly ? size,strength or a good look?
safe to say you've never lifted in your life

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
safe to say you've never lifted in your life
Back before my injury, I did a fair bit of heavy strength work, I'd say out of the obvious 'types' at the gym (douchebags, fairweather folks, dieters etc) I was just on the periphery of the proper lifters, the guys that brought diaries and shakes around with them, squatting in the triple figures and so on. I can understand where he's coming from with regards to the people who enter the mr Universes but I also understand the buzz of heavy strength work beats anything else.

Everybody has their own fitness goals and often there's a bit of overlap, but I think at the moderate level and up, bodybuilding is more of a lifestyle than a fitness journey. I, for one, do not want a six-pack because I can't bring myself to dedicate so much work to the least useful muscles (not core of course) but many people do and that's fine for them. Different folks, Different strokes.

BTW most I ever squatted was 90-100 KG so I'm not a heavy goer but in Irish gyms there's people who can squat 20kg and those that can do 170-80 so I was somewhat of an oddity :D

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
At Deneb,

From ur reply,I can say you are one of those who thinks that Bodybuilding is the only thing to do in Gym,and that weight lifting is only included in a bodybuilding program.

I have not said anything against weight lifting,i was speaking about bodybuilding.Do you know what is the difference the two terms "bodybuilding" and "weight lifting"? or are you one of those who thinks that weight lifting means bodybuilding?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Back before my injury, I did a fair bit of heavy strength work, I'd say out of the obvious 'types' at the gym (douchebags, fairweather folks, dieters etc) I was just on the periphery of the proper lifters, the guys that brought diaries and shakes around with them, squatting in the triple figures and so on. I can understand where he's coming from with regards to the people who enter the mr Universes but I also understand the buzz of heavy strength work beats anything else.

Everybody has their own fitness goals and often there's a bit of overlap, but I think at the moderate level and up, bodybuilding is more of a lifestyle than a fitness journey. I, for one, do not want a six-pack because I can't bring myself to dedicate so much work to the least useful muscles (not core of course) but many people do and that's fine for them. Different folks, Different strokes.

BTW most I ever squatted was 90-100 KG so I'm not a heavy goer but in Irish gyms there's people who can squat 20kg and those that can do 170-80 so I was somewhat of an oddity :D
i honestly could care less whos in the gym when i am there, but as you go more often some faces become more familiar which transitions to the gym fist bump and the casual small talk here and there. First things first very few lifters have the time or the resources to do a mr universe type thing, so that out, most people who lift do it because they enjoy it, yes enjoy it. Goals change from time of the year to overall mood and as you said different strokes for different folks. But i personally wouldnt go as far as saying it's a lifestyle, i dont prep meals or watch what i eat in general, i just do my thing and it makes me feel good.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
At Deneb,

From ur reply,I can say you are one of those who thinks that Bodybuilding is the only thing to do in Gym,and that weight lifting is only included in a bodybuilding program.

I have not said anything against weight lifting,i was speaking about bodybuilding.Do you know what is the difference the two terms "bodybuilding" and "weight lifting"? or are you one of those who thinks that weight lifting means bodybuilding?

i know i can both lift and bodybuild you

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
i honestly could care less whos in the gym when i am there, but as you go more often some faces become more familiar which transitions to the gym fist bump and the casual small talk here and there. First things first very few lifters have the time or the resources to do a mr universe type thing, so that out, most people who lift do it because they enjoy it, yes enjoy it. Goals change from time of the year to overall mood and as you said different strokes for different folks. But i personally wouldnt go as far as saying it's a lifestyle, i dont prep meals or watch what i eat in general, i just do my thing and it makes me feel good.
I'd personally class you as a fucking Tank rather than a body-builder in that case.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Often it's just called lifting.
I don't disagree,but it's a common mistake,it's just like saying Engineering means Math.Well,Math is indeed a very important subject in all kinds of Engineerings but that doesn't mean an engineering student only studys Math or Math is only studied by engineering students.The same thing for strength training, it is important for all kinds of sports, footballers also have more than one session a weak of stength training, but unlike bodybuilders they don't do it to gain muscle mass, they just do to help them in their profession, and the same goes for every kind of sport, every one does strength training to serve his own purpose and it's not only meant for hypertrophy.And even bodybuilders don't only lift weights they also do cardio.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Nope. I didn't even post it to show how big they are but I actually liked the speech and overall motivation behind those words. Especially at 2:25-2:35

I don't like that look and I don't think high of people who are on roids anyway. My goals did change many times, but I never wanted to look like that.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Nope. I didn't even post it to show how big they are but I actually liked the speech and overall motivation behind those words. Especially at 2:25-2:35

I don't like that look and I don't think high of people who are on roids anyway. My goals did change many times, but I never wanted to look like that.
The same thing with me.But i don't regret cos i always believe as long as i'm not satisfied with myself then I'm in the right track.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
rejoining the gym,i have my motivation back and have been working out at home but lack of equipment and space is a hindrance

plus,you know....no women

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Good to hear Bozi, I'm hoping t get back to full training by the end of September, I have a knee niggle that will not go away.

I have a friend that's daily calorie intake is about 1300, processed food, he's 5'8" and 75KG, heavy smoker, heavy drinker, all around light weight.

He's going to do P90X :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)