Gym and fitness (161 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
How come you can't run? Anyway, you said stomach and I went instantly on abs, I'm not an expert of core exercises or anything. Dunno if it's possible for you but doing HIIT with jump rope will get you great results. It's for losing fat and it's good for core too, stomach area works a lot while jumping. But I'm not sure you can do that.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
circuit training would be ideal for you imo
What's that? Because I think I am doing it.

How come you can't run? Anyway, you said stomach and I went instantly on abs, I'm not an expert of core exercises or anything. Dunno if it's possible for you but doing HIIT with jump rope will get you great results. It's for losing fat and it's good for core too, stomach area works a lot while jumping. But I'm not sure you can do that.
I cannot do anything that pushes on my heels. I have this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcaneal_spur

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
I need chest, triceps and stomach exercises.
that's like saying " I need a pair of shoes, what should I get? " too general..

since you want to stay fit and lose weight; I would first start out by adjusting your diet and axe the simple sugars and empty cals and take a more "healthy" approach to your food choices. Go for protein, complex carbs and essential fats. I would also go with the circuit training option like Deneb mentioned or you could just mix it with certain plyometric and calethstenic movements.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
And Dooz, I don't have a flat stomach, not anymore anyway as I decreased my running drastically lately and I've been enjoying ales, sweets and cheeses a lot.
aye that will do ti

i recently bit the bullet and joined a new gym,working out from home is not doing it for me at present . working on core stability as well as strengthening exercises, doing super-sets one with a heavy weight and then one lighter,unstable exercise (example leg press then squats on Bosu ball) to try and achieve better results with Kung-Fu
the only bitch is getting up early and working out before work

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
aye that will do ti

i recently bit the bullet and joined a new gym,working out from home is not doing it for me at present . working on core stability as well as strengthening exercises, doing super-sets one with a heavy weight and then one lighter,unstable exercise (example leg press then squats on Bosu ball) to try and achieve better results with Kung-Fu
the only bitch is getting up early and working out before work

that right there is hardcore

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
well the gym is fucking expensive so i went off-peak which means i can get up there at 6am and benefit from a raised metabolism all day and means when i get home all i have to do is walk the dog rather than trying to fit a routine in there

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
I love early morning workouts.. Bozi ( if my memory is correct ), is there a pool near you or in your gym? I recommend doing some water training to strengthen your legs and core for kicks.. Also if you need any recommendations on stretches or workouts for kicks let me know.

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
I'd love to be able to get back into my 2xday training am/pm.. Hopefully after my b-day this month I'll get back into it, nothing like taking a shower after a pm workout and dropping on your bed and pass out until morning.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I love early morning workouts.. Bozi ( if my memory is correct ), is there a pool near you or in your gym? I recommend doing some water training to strengthen your legs and core for kicks.. Also if you need any recommendations on stretches or workouts for kicks let me know.
aye i am planning to workout Mon-Wed-Fri/sat (depending on how i feel after Kung-fu Thursday pm but go for a swim and sauna Tue-Thu am
and aye any stretching recommendation are welcome

I'd love to be able to get back into my 2xday training am/pm.. Hopefully after my b-day this month I'll get back into it, nothing like taking a shower after a pm workout and dropping on your bed and pass out until morning.
Thursday after Lau-Gar i am knackered,like proper wrecked.....but then i go home and have to walk the dog

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Staying fit as I cannot run. Also I want to lose as much fat as possible so that when I put my running shoes back it would not feel like a long stop from running. As for core, I do one or two strict core sessions per week and I don't care about abs.
is bicycle an option ?

20 minutes interval
1 minute low bpm, 1 minute high bpm, continue 10 times

aiming to reach max bpm when you are starting the 4th high.

i do this at monday and fryday, days in bewteen i do regular bicycle cardio
after 7 minutes, i'm usually at 180/190 on high and 140-150 at low

burns fat 7x faster then regular cardio, and its not very hard on the heels. (i get tendinitis from running so i have to do cardio on bike)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 154)