Gym and fitness (51 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Well, you probably want to mix in some low rate cardio in at first. Depending on your fitness level of course. If you're in relatively good shape you can jump right into interval training.
I don't think there's much truth in that (and I'm pointing out jump rope). HIIT will always be tough and you can't do slow rate to gain better condition, I don't think it can be easier.

As for running, yeah, true.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Well, you probably want to mix in some low rate cardio in at first. Depending on your fitness level of course. If you're in relatively good shape you can jump right into interval training.
Well the reason my aim is 'only' to keep a flat stomy is because I'm not willing to put in the gym work right now :D
Considering your goals I'd say yeah. If you add a proper diet you should be fine :tup:
Cool. I guess I need to adjust my diet a little.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don't think there's much truth in that (and I'm pointing out jump rope). HIIT will always be tough and you can't do slow rate to gain better condition, I don't think it can be easier.

As for running, yeah, true.
Well, I don't really consider jump rope to be proper HITT, by itself. It's great as a supplement to some sort of high intensity circuit. But that's beside the point.:D

HITT is always going to be difficult, which is why you want your body to be in some kind of shape. I always try to advise people (especially when I'm unsure of their fitness level) to take it easy at first.

I only do 2 HITT work outs a week. Yesterday I did hills and tomorrow I'd probably run half mile circuits.

I think my favorite is rowing, if you can find a machine. It's the complete workout.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Okay, I have the water part down.
Get an elliptical machine then you can get on it while watching juve matches. win-win:D

Nice. :D You like the results, what's your current 'shape'?
I weigh 82kgs now, i'm about 4kgs overweight. I can see some abs when i flex my abdominal muscles so i'm getting there. I'm not totally happy with the results but with enough cardio, i'll get there.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I weigh 82kgs now, i'm about 4kgs overweight. I can see some abs when i flex my abdominal muscles so i'm getting there. I'm not totally happy with the results but with enough cardio, i'll get there.
:tup:

Well, I don't really consider jump rope to be proper HITT, by itself.
I don't know why you say that, because jump rope burns more calories than HIIT running. It's the most effective HIIT actually.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I go 5 times a week from 7 am to 9 am 30-45 min of weight training and 20-35 min of cardio. Neurocore first thing when I awake and Dark Matter as soon as im done with the weight training. I'm 5'10 210 lbs 12% body fat all at 35 years of age ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)