Gym and fitness (71 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Okay, but how much is a workout, how much is "enough"?
What do you mean? I don't do a plank workout where I do only the plank.

It's hard to explain it but I do the plank in between other exercises especially if the other exercises are with high heart rate.

Let's say you are doing squats with weights, between each set you can do 30 seconds plank. Just an example.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I've seen guys get results and guys get fat using it. I don't have any experience using it myself, so some of the other guys probably have some actual pros and cons.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
it will help you get past plateaus but you will lose all gains as soon as you stop taking it
I think that's a myth. I know some guys who used it, and when they stopped they didn't lose any gains. Gains are visible, but nothing extraordinary. It's basically a water created around the muscle. TBH if I had to pick one supplement I'd go with creatine and I'd surely avoid (IMO) overhyped protein.

--

I just came home, I had an excellent workout session. I totally destroyed my chest, triceps and shoulders. Probably my best day since God knows when and it feels neat.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
the neglecting? my left wrist bothers me when i curl so i just decide to do without a session for either bis or tris, instead i just include tri exercises with chest and shoulder workouts and figure i use enough bis in my back ones.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I think that's a myth. I know some guys who used it, and when they stopped they didn't lose any gains. Gains are visible, but nothing extraordinary. It's basically a water created around the muscle. TBH if I had to pick one supplement I'd go with creatine and I'd surely avoid (IMO) overhyped protein.
:) Good enough for me. I got one more question though. Is it necessary to load?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
:) Good enough for me. I got one more question though. Is it necessary to load?
No need to take it so serious, it's not like I'm an expert or something. What I also find interesting is supplements based on caffeine (like Jack3d, but I heard it's banned in some states). It basically gives you an extra energy (it's obviously a pre-workout drink) so I think it's great as it gives you like 8 extra reps. Hell, I could even consider it as the only supplement I'd eventually take.

getting fatter son :D no my legs are getting jacked chest too, i have been neglecting arms for a while though, last time i did curls was a year ago.
How much are you squatting now? I know you said you want strength, are you doing 1 rep exercises, something like power-lifting?

Oh and biceps is the worst fucking muscle ever and curls are useless. I think biceps builds up slowest, it's not even noticeable... it's all 'bout triceps.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
i took jack3d for 3 months it was like crack and it really works but it messed up my sleep so i went back to having coffee before my workouts, as for squatting i still just do 2 plates on each side i am too paranoid about my knees, my leg size has benefited most from doing machines like leg curls. As for reps i really keep i mixed up and it will sound funny but i decide on the nature of my workout based on my first exercise i gauge out my body to see how it felt depending on the ease of that first exercise i decide whether i am going all out or i am just trying to get a solid workout.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
i took jack3d for 3 months it was like crack and it really works but it messed up my sleep so i went back to having coffee before my workouts,
lol, I heard about that effect but people usually complain only when they take too much (scoops). But yeah it's kinda terrible if it kills your sleep. Coffee is also nice, I had it today before workouts... it does help.

as for squatting i still just do 2 plates on each side i am too paranoid about my knees
Yeah... not just for knees, it's good to do it like that especially if you have back issues. I think doing squats with 40kg (with belt) is more effective than 200kg leg press, lol.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
What do you guys think of creatine?
me thinks creatine helps ur muscles water retention..ur muscles need water to do their business so if it can hold on to water better obviously u can shoot past ur plateaus and u will feel stronger because the muscles can operate under more favourable conditions...the gains u appear to get disappear when u stop taking it obviously as the water retention ability is lost..u dont get fat from it..u get fat when u eat shit while taking creatine and having shit work outs

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
lol, I heard about that effect but people usually complain only when they take too much (scoops). But yeah it's kinda terrible if it kills your sleep. Coffee is also nice, I had it today before workouts... it does help.

Yeah... not just for knees, it's good to do it like that especially if you have back issues. I think doing squats with 40kg (with belt) is more effective than 200kg leg press, lol.
i never took more than 2 scoops(recommended starting dose), as for leg presses i think they too are useful i just hate lunges :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)