Gym and fitness (105 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Ah I don't eat meat. Most of my protein intake comes from wheat or some kind of bean, one way or another. Actually usually the protein part of my meals these days is some sort of processed or semi-processed meat substitute (primarily because I am depressed and try to make it easy for myself to eat) Some of it is really good, really great macros anyway and works well alongside some fresh veg and some carbs.

Wasn't sure if processed foods came under 'food to improve health', so didn't mention it and stuck to the fresh boys with my list :grin:
Ah okay. Well for good health I would say the less processed foods the better.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
What are standard foods you guys always have at home to improve your health
If on a cut:
Rice, potato, sweet potato, oatmeal, eggs, chicken breast, 95% ground beef, whitefish, protein powder, peanut butter, green beans, peas, and asparagus.

Otherwise:
Add milk, greek yoghurt, granola, fruits

For supplements, daily:

Multivitamin + 2000-4000 mg vit C + 6000 iu's vit D

Jun 16, 2020
Like foods not supplements?

I eat a lot of broccoli, peas, grapes, bananas and walnuts. I eat a lot of cereal (weetabix type shit, I dunno how universal that is, and also granola) and quite a lot of bread.
Yes, just the standard foods we all have at home and ignoring the meals although might be interesting to compare the standard meals we eat on a weekly base.

For me it would be: (unsalted) pistachio or cashew nuts, dates, crab sticks, eggs, porridge (had to translate this one, for breakfast) and soft cheese (or French yoghurt, had to translate again not sure if it’s the right name), along with many fruits, but basically always bananas and apples. For the healthy options on bread we always have chicken breast or peanut butter at home.

Jun 16, 2020
Sunday morning work out:

Disclaimer: I didn’t time my pauses in between sets, whenever I felt like going again I went

100 burpees (10x10)
2 min plank
1 min plank but upside down for lower back

Superset:
80 pull ups (8x10 -> 40 without elastic bands, 40 with)
200 push ups 8x25 (my belly couldn’t touch the ground at a certain point so execution wasn’t perfect at every set)

Killed it off with 50 sit ups

Im dead now, usually I don’t do a home work out so heavy but I was motivated today

Jun 16, 2020
Getting back into the swing of things now that my ribs are pretty well 100% recovered.

Got a pretty sweet pump this afternoon. Feeling good and looking forward to being totally back on track.
Good. I’m planning on making this a year full of sports instead of ups and downs like I did the last years, I need every Tuzzer as fit and active as possible so we can continue to share thoughts and motivation

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Good. I’m planning on making this a year full of sports instead of ups and downs like I did the last years, I need every Tuzzer as fit and active as possible so we can continue to share thoughts and motivation
I'm so down for this.

I'm definitely a beginner when it comes to lifting-style exercises- started for the first time a couple of years ago, and consistency has never been there. In diet or exercise. Probably my strongest was in about 2013 when I was doing lots of capoeira, jujitsu, swimming and playing football. Then I got glandular fever and honestly I've never had the same levels of energy again. My cardio fitness peak was probably 2015 (certainly my post-mono peak), I was playing a lot of 5s and 11s football and just was really active in general.

Anyway I'm aiming to be both fitter and stronger than I've ever been- by being smart, by being dedicated and by wanting it. Let's get it

Jun 16, 2020
Oh i feel it lol

I am at around 2000 calories: 250g protein, 160g carbs, and about 50g of fat
I’m eating around the same. Aiming for not more than 2000 calories

Tbh I never did a long diet, but my normal intake should be around 2500 calories. It’s basically replacing bread for vegies during lunch and ignoring sweets, I still feel like I’m eating quite a lot although some kind of hunger remains throughout the day.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I’m eating around the same. Aiming for not more than 2000 calories

Tbh I never did a long diet, but my normal intake should be around 2500 calories. It’s basically replacing bread for vegies during lunch and ignoring sweets, I still feel like I’m eating quite a lot although some kind of hunger remains throughout the day.
If there's no hunger, there's not fat burn, what app are you using to track your cals?

How much does the carb/fat ratio matter? I don't pay much attention to that, just on protein and calories.

Well on a cut you wanna try to sort of compensate the carb deficit with protein and also keep your fat low so imo something like 55% protein 35% carbs 10% fat. This is a pretty aggressive diet though.

Jun 16, 2020
If there's no hunger, there's not fat burn, what app are you using to track your cals?

Well on a cut you wanna try to sort of compensate the carb deficit with protein and also keep your fat low so imo something like 55% protein 35% carbs 10% fat. This is a pretty aggressive diet though.
I use myfitnesspal and you? What’s the goal of your deficit in terms of weight and/or bodyfat?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)