Gym and fitness (77 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I’m 30 man, luckily I’m not as rusty as those grandpa’s here.

I think that you’re spot on with the warm up. I basically never do it, will try some burpees before the next time. I never thought about it simply because with other muscles I never felt any discomfort the day after.

The way I train for years now is short and explosive. Although as said a few pages back I’m struggling to find a 6 months streak, it has been up and down for years but in a way I never stopped doing sports throughout my life. With my lack of time training at home with dumbbells, doing push ups and pull ups works best, my time around machines is limited to one or twice per week.
Well it depends on what your goals are, if it's esthetics then you need more isolation and control, if you are doing it as supplement for another sport then yeah explosiveness is the way to go.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I took a big fat elbow to the ribs playing 5s on Tuesday. Sore as a mf. I'm mostly annoyed that I won't be doing any working out for a few weeks. Felt like I was on a roll and had some good momentum going.

Guess I'll be doing lots of walking

Jun 16, 2020
Surprised myself today with bench pressing 100kg (2 reps). Third time I needed help.

I never train with heavy weights, when I did years ago this was basically my max. So surprised that with doing mostly push ups for chest that I was able to reach 100kg again.

Jul 15, 2006
I took a big fat elbow to the ribs playing 5s on Tuesday. Sore as a mf. I'm mostly annoyed that I won't be doing any working out for a few weeks. Felt like I was on a roll and had some good momentum going.

Guess I'll be doing lots of walking
Üüüfff have a good recovery — I was supposed to play but I'm gonna need some better cardio before hoping into a game

Surprised myself today with bench pressing 100kg (2 reps). Third time I needed help.

I never train with heavy weights, when I did years ago this was basically my max. So surprised that with doing mostly push ups for chest that I was able to reach 100kg again.
Nice — keep it up

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Did leg extensions and the bench press machine for the first time since October. Although I feel somewhat human again now, the fact that I actually have a bit of soreness from this shows me fully recovering is going to take much longer than I thought unfortunately.

Jun 16, 2020
Does anyone do cold showers on a daily base? I tried it a few years ago but I quit after a few days. My college at work is quite invested into it, so he sparked my interest in it again.

Tried it today but it’s so horrible. A minute feels absurdly long

Jul 15, 2006
Does anyone do cold showers on a daily base? I tried it a few years ago but I quit after a few days. My college at work is quite invested into it, so he sparked my interest in it again.

Tried it today but it’s so horrible. A minute feels absurdly long
yes — game changer

look up Andrew Huberman podcast for more nuanced details for easing into cold showers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)