Gym and fitness (20 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Do reverse pull ups. Jump up instead of pulling yourself up until your neck is over the bar, and slowly lower yourself.
I have been doing this regularly for the past month, the only progress I did was going from 3 pull ups to 4 pull ups.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate lunges. Theyre the bane of my existance. But I do them.
Do them holding kettlebells instead.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
My two problems are making the lunge motion (my body doesn't like it) and balance. Do kettle bells help that?
Yes, quite a lot. You will have your arms stretched which helps in making your back straight. The second advantage is that the weight is much lower than your center of mass instead of having it above the center of mass (using a bar on the shoulders) which allows you to focus on the balance by straightening your spine above your hips. Balance problem almost erased and the only thing you have left to focus on is the groin for proper execution.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yes, quite a lot. You will have your arms stretched which helps in making your back straight. The second advantage is that the weight is much lower than your center of mass instead of having it above the center of mass (using a bar on the shoulders) which allows you to focus on the balance by straightening your spine above your hips. Balance problem almost erased and the only thing you have left to focus on is the groin for proper execution.
Excellent, I will try it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I have been doing this regularly for the past month, the only progress I did was going from 3 pull ups to 4 pull ups.

- - - Updated - - -

Try static holds in various positions of the chin-up. Chin over bar-45 deg-90 deg-135 deg... And as you progress with longer holds, start adding weight. Your chin-ups should leap to 10 in no time at all.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: that's probably for people who can't do any tho. If you can do 4, keep increasing the frequency of times you do them and you should improve. Do 4 multiple times a day or 4, then 3, then 2, and so on.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Muscle up is my second goal, on the rings of course. Handstand too....fuck I have many goals.
@Kieselguhr Kid I don't understand what do you mean by the angles on chin-ups

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Muscle up is my second goal, on the rings of course. Handstand too....$#@! I have many goals.
@Kieselguhr Kid I don't understand what do you mean by the angles on chin-ups
Your arm angles.. Do static holds at each position. At the top --- A quarter of the way down (45 degrees) --- half-way down (90 degrees) --- three quarters of the way down (135 degrees) --- and probably a hold very close to straight arm.

The biggest trick for doing a muscle up on rings or bar is learning the false grip. It's a little different on bar and rings. Much easier to get used to on rings imo, though it's somewhat uncomfortable on each to begin. But it's really the only way to get a good muscle-up especially on rings. On bar, if one is strong enough you could theoretically release the bar at the top of the pull-up briefly to roll the hands, but it would be insanely hard. Much better to use false grip.

FalseGripMuscleUp-582x319.jpg

side_front1.jpg

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Never tried, but I think I can
When I had shitload of strength on bars I couldn't do it. IMO it's all about the technique which you use. I used to do 25 pull ups but can't do a muscle up while I've seen guys do muscle up while doing 10 pull ups.

However I tried it only twice for a couple of times and I did come very close. Bar was at the height of my chest (nipples!) but I couldn't bring myself up. I think it's because of what PI is talking about -- wrist position.

Your arm angles.. Do static holds at each position. At the top --- A quarter of the way down (45 degrees) --- half-way down (90 degrees) --- three quarters of the way down (135 degrees) --- and probably a hold very close to straight arm.

The biggest trick for doing a muscle up on rings or bar is learning the false grip. It's a little different on bar and rings. Much easier to get used to on rings imo, though it's somewhat uncomfortable on each to begin. But it's really the only way to get a good muscle-up especially on rings. On bar, if one is strong enough you could theoretically release the bar at the top of the pull-up briefly to roll the hands, but it would be insanely hard. Much better to use false grip.
How do you use a false grip if the bar is like 2.5m high (where you basically have to jump for it)?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Practicar, practicar, practicar.:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

Use a bucket to stand on.
That's not the problem. I could find a lower bar but it's all about using the big one and not the one for kids. :D You should be able to stretch fully without touching ground. It will also be harder cause you won't be getting leg help.

- - - Updated - - -

Practicar, practicar, practicar.:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

Use a bucket to stand on.
That's not the problem. I could find a lower bar but it's all about using the big one and not the one for kids. :D You should be able to stretch fully without touching ground. It will also be harder cause you won't be getting leg help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)