Gym and fitness (42 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
But Zach - if you look away from the fact that alcohol makes you chubby, do you/did you enjoy drinking it?
You bring up an excellent point.
I do, but i find it easy to say no to them. I love pils, whine, some coctails, some stronger alcohols.

I have no problem with someone saying "i drink beer, its bad, but i drink it because i like it"
I dislike someone who goes "i drink whine, but its good, it has tanines in it". Dont make excuses for something unhealthy
Wich is why i went into discussion with Zoso, cause he acuses me of the latter, whilst Cola Light isnt falling in that cathegory.

i'll admit tho. I know eating carbs late in the evening is bad. Yet sometimes i just do it, cause i goddamn want to. Carb craving, i'm weak to it sometimes.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
You bring up an excellent point.
I do, but i find it easy to say no to them. I love pils, whine, some coctails, some stronger alcohols.

I have no problem with someone saying "i drink beer, its bad, but i drink it because i like it"
I dislike someone who goes "i drink whine, but its good, it has tanines in it". Dont make excuses for something unhealthy
Wich is why i went into discussion with Zoso, cause he acuses me of the latter, whilst Cola Light isnt falling in that cathegory.

i'll admit tho. I know eating carbs late in the evening is bad. Yet sometimes i just do it, cause i goddamn want to. Carb craving, i'm weak to it sometimes.
I asked you the question completely out of the "discussion" you were having with ZoSo. I'm just perplexed that you enjoy alcohol and still completely abstain from it - despite the fact that weight lifting is nothing more than your hobby. You're getting an education and plan on making money from that, not from fitness videos or lifting competitions. Don't misunderstand the use of hobby here, it is probably a huge part of your life to lift weight and get better, but abstaining from something you like completely in the one existence you are guaranteed seems weird to me.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I asked you the question completely out of the "discussion" you were having with ZoSo. I'm just perplexed that you enjoy alcohol and still completely abstain from it - despite the fact that weight lifting is nothing more than your hobby. You're getting an education and plan on making money from that, not from fitness videos or lifting competitions. Don't misunderstand the use of hobby here, it is probably a huge part of your life to lift weight and get better, but abstaining from something you like completely in the one existence you are guaranteed seems weird to me.
As X has pointed out before, if you really get in to it, it becomes a lifestyle. I dont push it as far as bodybuilders do with their diets, but i try to be strict on a couple of things. For me powerlifting has done quite alot for me. It gave me something to be physically competitive in, to advance and improve in. To give a ton of strenght and confidence, and when free from injuries (fuck 2013, seriously), that enables me to have a bodytype i liked (i was 1.2 years the body you had before your strong diet).
I can put goal and make them, dream of future goals and plans.
At the same time i'm a biochemist, with endless respect for the incredible organ that is our liver.

As a gratitude for what a liver can metabolise and create, and what powerlifting could offer me, i gave up on alcohol.

As a result, in 2009 i could bench 35kg, squat my own weight for 8 reps and laterall pulldown 30kg. I couldnt do push ups. Giving up alcohol is an incredible factor in the recovery. 5 Years later in absolute strenght i scaled past everyone i ever trained with, and i recover better as a natural, then pretty much every juicer in my current gym.
The guy who beat me on points at the meet in april, likes to drink alot in weekends and sometimes during the weeks. He needed 2 weeks deload after the contest. I was allready squatting 5vers on 160 the day after the meet. I'm currently doing his maximum squat for 3 reps with good form and 2 grinded ones in the tank, whilst having lost another 8 kg since.

Each and every day, i'm feeling the difference because i dont consume alcohol or chocolate. And thats my incentive, to not touch it.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
As X has pointed out before, if you really get in to it, it becomes a lifestyle. I dont push it as far as bodybuilders do with their diets, but i try to be strict on a couple of things. For me powerlifting has done quite alot for me. It gave me something to be physically competitive in, to advance and improve in. To give a ton of strenght and confidence, and when free from injuries (fuck 2013, seriously), that enables me to have a bodytype i liked (i was 1.2 years the body you had before your strong diet).
I can put goal and make them, dream of future goals and plans.
At the same time i'm a biochemist, with endless respect for the incredible organ that is our liver.

As a gratitude for what a liver can metabolise and create, and what powerlifting could offer me, i gave up on alcohol.

As a result, in 2009 i could bench 35kg, squat my own weight for 8 reps and laterall pulldown 30kg. I couldnt do push ups. Giving up alcohol is an incredible factor in the recovery. 5 Years later in absolute strenght i scaled past everyone i ever trained with, and i recover better as a natural, then pretty much every juicer in my current gym.
The guy who beat me on points at the meet in april, likes to drink alot in weekends and sometimes during the weeks. He needed 2 weeks deload after the contest. I was allready squatting 5vers on 160 the day after the meet. I'm currently doing his maximum squat for 3 reps with good form and 2 grinded ones in the tank, whilst having lost another 8 kg since.

Each and every day, i'm feeling the difference because i dont consume alcohol or chocolate. And thats my incentive, to not touch it.

:tup:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Sorry, but this sentence. :rofl:
'I respect my liver, but put lots of unhealthy stuff into it to fuck it up'

How someone who is so into gym can drink 2.5L of soft drink a day is hilarious too. I bet he drinks it straight from the 1.25L bottles :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

So you say Cola Light is ok but Diet Coke isn't? Too bad Cola Light is actually Diet Coke. The study suggested greater than 2 servings a day is unhealthy yet you are having about 10, every day.

Diet Coke Australia
Ingredients: Carbonated Purified Water, Flavour, Colour (Caramel 150d), Food Acids (338, 330), Sweeteners (951, 950), Preservative (211), Caffeine.

Cola Light Belgium
Ingedients: Sparkling water, dye: E150d, food acid: phosphoric acid (E338) and citric acid (E330), sweeteners: aspartame (E951) * and acesulfame-K (E950), plant extracts, caffeine. * Contains a source of phenylalanine

Diet Coke UK
Ingedients: Carbonated water, colour (caramel E150d), sweeteners (aspartame, acesulfame-K), natural flavourings including caffeine, phosphoric acid, citric acid. Contains a source of phenylalanine.

Diet Coke USA Description
Diet Coke, also known as Coca-Cola light, is a sugar- and calorie-free soft drink with a deliciously crisp taste that gives you a light boost in your busy day. It was first introduced in the United States on August 9, 1982, as the first new brand since 1886 to use the Coca-Cola Trademark. The brand created an entire new category and a new way of life. Today, Diet Coke/Coca-Cola light is one of the largest and most successful brands of The Coca-Cola Company, available in over 150 markets around the world.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
This is not against you, Zach. My ex studied food science; I know how advanced it is. But I've been saying for a while that it really is sad how everything about food has become scientific. By that, I mean in our everyday life (don't eat or do this etc.) - we never lived longer, ffs.

The truth is, we don't know much about obesity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)