Gym and fitness (46 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
This is not against you, Zach. My ex studied food science; I know how advanced it is. But I've been saying for a while that it really is sad how everything about food has become scientific. By that, I mean in our everyday life (don't eat or do this etc.) - we never lived longer, ffs.

The truth is, we don't know much about obesity
It freaks me out when I regularly see studies and people doing research if eggs are healthy or not. Even nowadays some say yolks are bad, some say they are super healthy. Seriously... ?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
'I respect my liver, but put lots of unhealthy stuff into it to fuck it up'

How someone who is so into gym can drink 2.5L of soft drink a day is hilarious too. I bet he drinks it straight from the 1.25L bottles :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

So you say Cola Light is ok but Diet Coke isn't? Too bad Cola Light is actually Diet Coke. The study suggested greater than 2 servings a day is unhealthy yet you are having about 10, every day.

Diet Coke Australia
Ingredients: Carbonated Purified Water, Flavour, Colour (Caramel 150d), Food Acids (338, 330), Sweeteners (951, 950), Preservative (211), Caffeine.

Cola Light Belgium
Ingedients: Sparkling water, dye: E150d, food acid: phosphoric acid (E338) and citric acid (E330), sweeteners: aspartame (E951) * and acesulfame-K (E950), plant extracts, caffeine. * Contains a source of phenylalanine

Diet Coke UK
Ingedients: Carbonated water, colour (caramel E150d), sweeteners (aspartame, acesulfame-K), natural flavourings including caffeine, phosphoric acid, citric acid. Contains a source of phenylalanine.

Diet Coke USA Description
You are a really bad reader, are you ?

I was comparing Cola Light, to diet soda. There are many different kinds of that. I wasent comparing Cola Lights amongst each other.
The reason i mentionned the european one, is because a project group from my freshman class in 2009/2010 had something to do with different kinds of soda, one of the pivotal things was measuring the acidity, with was close to pH 5.0.

When looking at the ingredients of Cola Light, there isnt a single one that is remotely hard on the liver, apart from methanol, but thats in such low concentration it doesnt even matter.

For my health, i never drink alcohol, and very very rarely drink something sugar based.

What you come up with, is something you dont understand, cause you arent a scientist. There are 2 kind of studies.
The first can prove trough specific reactions in some way, that a substance does this, or reacts with that, or is damaging because of that. They
document where and how it does that.
Second kind are studies that dont have direct proof something is bad, so they just use a big number of lab animals, or human volunteers, and see if anything changed whatsoever. This second kind can only say "it increases the odds off" but cannot say why or how, because they dont know.

These second kind of studies, become very commen. Basically everything induces cancer according to them nowadays.

The first kind of study cannot prove a single thing wrong with coke Light. The second has very small odds, that a very rare thing happens to females. Unless they come up with something better, i'm not going to bother.

Is chocolate really that damaging to your development?
Development, is all about recovering. Its about synthesising new hormones and protein, new tissue, to recover from microtrauma. So its important the liver can do its work.

Both chocolate and alcohol are VERY demanding for the liver to break down. They'll take like forever, meaning your synthesis will be running very low speed, whilst lifting is all about optimising the synthesis.

You can see this in certain people actually. When someone has a weak performing liver, usually females, and they eat a bunch of chocolate, they can get some acnee in their face for a few days. Recent studies link those to the liver.

This is not against you, Zach. My ex studied food science; I know how advanced it is. But I've been saying for a while that it really is sad how everything about food has become scientific. By that, I mean in our everyday life (don't eat or do this etc.) - we never lived longer, ffs.

The truth is, we don't know much about obesity
I cant agree more. As i said above, everything is told to be inducing cancer these days. I personally dont mind that they perform the first kind of studies, in wich they can directly link a compound to certain issues.

But i really got fed up with these "odds" studies

We know certain things about obesity, but not everything. Hence, some people drink regular Coke all their live and eat like a swine with high colesterol, and become 70+.

What about Coca Cola Zero? Can I go crazy there too?
Probably. I drink it when i go out.

- - - Updated - - -

It freaks me out when I regularly see studies and people doing research if eggs are healthy or not. Even nowadays some say yolks are bad, some say they are super healthy. Seriously... ?
Yeah, and thats allways the "odds" studies, because they cant directly prove it.

I have yet to meet someone who ate less then 1.2grams of fat/kg bodyweight, and ate 4 to 8 eggs pet day and got cholesterol issues

Just about every good lifter i know does it. Yet when you tell someone, they freak out cause "eggs are bad" !

"carb craving", people using this kind of phrases should be shot.
Why

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
You are a really bad reader, are you ?

I was comparing Cola Light, to diet soda. There are many different kinds of that. I wasent comparing Cola Lights amongst each other.
The reason i mentionned the european one, is because a project group from my freshman class in 2009/2010 had something to do with different kinds of soda, one of the pivotal things was measuring the acidity, with was close to pH 5.0.

When looking at the ingredients of Cola Light, there isnt a single one that is remotely hard on the liver, apart from methanol, but thats in such low concentration it doesnt even matter.

For my health, i never drink alcohol, and very very rarely drink something sugar based.

What you come up with, is something you dont understand, cause you arent a scientist. There are 2 kind of studies.
The first can prove trough specific reactions in some way, that a substance does this, or reacts with that, or is damaging because of that. They
document where and how it does that.
Second kind are studies that dont have direct proof something is bad, so they just use a big number of lab animals, or human volunteers, and see if anything changed whatsoever. This second kind can only say "it increases the odds off" but cannot say why or how, because they dont know.

These second kind of studies, become very commen. Basically everything induces cancer according to them nowadays.

The first kind of study cannot prove a single thing wrong with coke Light. The second has very small odds, that a very rare thing happens to females. Unless they come up with something better, i'm not going to bother.
You have to be a special kind of stupid to think that drinking 2.5L of diet coke a day has no negative effect. Despite your best efforts to bullshit, Coca Cola Light and Diet Coke are the same thing. There is no different Coca Cola Light which I can find that has different ingredients from Diet Coke.

You are comparing some small lab test which I'm guessing showed no immediate/short term negative effects vs a large scale long term study that did show an association between Diet Coke and decreased kidney function after as it says 'adjusted for nutrients, red meat, and AHEI diet as well as medications'. If you read it correctly it was not small odds of kidney damage but a significant association. But I'm sure you are right because you are experd and all pumped up from your workout.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You have to be a special kind of stupid to think that drinking 2.5L of diet coke a day has no negative effect. Despite your best efforts to bullshit, Coca Cola Light and Diet Coke are the same thing. There is no different Coca Cola Light which I can find that has different ingredients from Diet Coke.

You are comparing some small lab test which I'm guessing showed no immediate/short term negative effects vs a large scale long term study that did show an association between Diet Coke and decreased kidney function after as it says 'adjusted for nutrients, red meat, and AHEI diet as well as medications'. If you read it correctly it was not small odds of kidney damage but a significant association. But I'm sure you are right because you are experd.
I wonder how many times i must repeat that i'm saying diet soda, not diet coke. You keep arguing about tests despite i just explained how trivial they are.
Red meat can actually be proven why, but only for people with pre-excisting contitions, i should eat more red meat tbh, but cant afford it.

No, I call it hunger, and I love pasta.
Yeah, tought so, you dont know what it is.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I wonder how many times i must repeat that i'm saying diet soda, not diet coke. You keep arguing about tests despite i just explained how trivial they are.
Red meat can actually be proven why, but only for people with pre-excisting contitions, i should eat more red meat tbh, but cant afford it.
Then what is coca cola light? A magical 'diet soda' drink? You're generalising all these studies because maybe there was a couple of bullshit or exaggerated ones but to you that means every study is trivial, despite this one clearly showing a link.

Start by not buying 2.5L of soft drink a day...

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Yeah, tought so, you dont know what it is.

i think your point was made pretty clearly :) i guess some just prefer to rely on anecdotal evidence and grandma science

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Then what is coca cola light? A magical 'diet soda' drink? You're generalising all these studies because maybe there was a couple of bullshit or exaggerated ones but to you that means every study is trivial, despite this one clearly showing a link.

Start by not buying 2.5L of soft drink a day...

You should stop giving and receiving oral sex

Recent study shows it increases the odds of troat cancer.

- - - Updated - - -

i think your point was made pretty clearly :) i guess some just prefer to rely on anecdotal evidence and grandma science
Grandma science :D

I found a new catch phrase :D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Deneb and Zach, what do you know about Keifei anavarbol? Most of my friends are taking it, I've made some research it's (light) steroids but women use it mostly (never knew women use type of steroids), anyway, what do you guys know of it?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Deneb and Zach, what do you know about Keifei anavarbol? Most of my friends are taking it, I've made some research it's (light) steroids but women use it mostly (never knew women use type of steroids), anyway, what do you guys know of it?

first of all lemme congratulate for being brave enough to bring this up :D lotsa people use steroids every day and dont even know it, e.g asthma. Anyhoos though my knowledge is pretty limited i have looked extensively into the risks of anabolic steroids, and it all came back as pretty safe as long as you are disciplined. I dont know what your objectives are, but personally time/energy/effort commitment wasnt worth the results.

- - - Updated - - -
@ZoSo, i am serious, and tbh i really didnt think youd be this thickheaded. You are basing everything you are saying on hearsay and did not take time to understand what Zach is saying. I have looked into this a while back and spent a good few weeks researching it, these studies you are quoting are jokes, nothing more than anecdotal evidence with shoddy correlation work to sell diet books.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 35)