Green Card (11 Viewers)

Oct 3, 2004
because we dont let Hezbollah members into the USA :D

that may be the easiest way
Try going to Michigan, I hear there's a huge community there :D

10k dollars over 5 years is peanuts, compared to living in UK.
Sorry, I think I've mislead you with what I wrote...I meant the procedure of obtaining citizenship, travelling, going back and forth, application fees etc...are all a large investment...not too sure if it will be worth it.

Anyway I've submitted preliminary applications so far just to see if there's chance.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Australia is the place to go. Its really easy to get a citizenship and they'll even find you a job etc. Just google the website of your local Australian embassy and the info will be there. I used to think it was too far away but you have places like Hong Kong, Japan, S.Korea, Thailand, etc. close by and theyre way more developed and globalized than I thought they would be.

Actually I once met a spanish girl that ended up getting a residency visa or whatever the name of that is in the US because she proved she could "teach spanish" better than any american because she had a background in jewish studies (the school were she was teaching spanish was jewish). It wasnt that hard for her to find, actually. She had been living in boston for like a year and met some lawyer that helped her with all the process, but Ive heard some cases that were exactly the opposite. Personally I wouldnt go through all the trouble of doing that unless it came easily like it did for that girl. Youre better off going to Australia if getting a green card is gonna be a hard and long process
That's if you can stand the nasty accent :shifty:

It's fun to see all the people here who either don't want to live where they do or they've moved around a lot to figure out where they want to be. :toast:

OP
Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #43
    But you didn't answer my question, how long do you have to get your citizenship?
    Oh yeah, as a matter of fact I didn't understand the question really. Are you asking how long I want to stay there or how long it takes to get a citizenship?

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Oh yeah, as a matter of fact I didn't understand the question really. Are you asking how long I want to stay there or how long it takes to get a citizenship?
    How much left do you still have to become a Swedish citizen.

Hur länge har du kvar tills du får ditt medborgarskap? Jag pratar inte om uppehållstillståndet.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Swedish citizens get a green card just by formality, it's no biggie, not hard, piss easy, just go there and ask for it.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Australia is the place to go. Its really easy to get a citizenship
    Indeed; I got one as soon as I was born :D
    Australia is too spread out.
    What exactly do you mean by this? The land mass is huge, but the majority of the population is concentrated on the east coast. I'm guessing you're referring to the relatively low population density even in the main cities. Why is that necessarily a bad thing though? Living in Korea for a year, one thing I'm really not fond of is being shoulder to shoulder with people all the time.
    That's if you can stand the nasty accent :shifty:
    Where's that damn middle finger emoticon :irritated

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Where's that damn middle finger emoticon :irritated
    You know it's never stopped me from enjoying the company of Australians I like, it's like I don't even notice it. But in any other situation, it's like half my brain is focused on that and I can't pretend not to notice it. It's the same in Norway, the instant I moved to Trondheim (when I was 10) I hated the dialect and 15 years later I still hate it. And that's not helped by the fact that Norway has lots of ugly dialects, not just the Trondheim region. :tdown:

But yeah, out of every English accent the Australian is the..... cough... one. :mute:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    What exactly do you mean by this? The land mass is huge, but the majority of the population is concentrated on the east coast. I'm guessing you're referring to the relatively low population density even in the main cities. Why is that necessarily a bad thing though? Living in Korea for a year, one thing I'm really not fond of is being shoulder to shoulder with people all the time.
    Yeah that's not good

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    It's the same in Norway, the instant I moved to Trondheim (when I was 10) I hated the dialect and 15 years later I still hate it. And that's not helped by the fact that Norway has lots of ugly dialects, not just the Trondheim region. :tdown:
    Interesting; I didn't know about the dialects in Norway. I'm experiencing a similar thing living in Daegu instead of Seoul. Korea pretty much has a different dialect for every province, and while most of them aren't grating or 'ugly', some of them just leave me thinking "why the hell would you pronounce it like that?" If you're not familiar with the dialect, it can sound like a completely different language.
    But yeah, out of every English accent the Australian is the..... cough... one. :mute:
    Like any good Australian, I'll deflect the bashing to the New Zealanders. The NZ accent is pretty much the same as the Australian one, but they pronounce "e" like "i" and "i" like "eu" (rhyming with the last syllable of "bitter")

So they'd pronounce "chemistry" as "chimeustry", and "fish and chips" as "fush and chups". If you want to immitate the NZ accent, just purse your lips together and make your mouth really tiny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)