Giuseppe Rossi (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Rossi is worth as much as Diego was, imo. He's an amazing talent.
I just don't see us coming up with that much money, it would be insane if we bought him for that kinda of money and not have any left over for other positions. Cronios would go ape shit, and frankly I don't want to be around when he knocks the doors of Juve down with a double barreled shotgun looking for answers....

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Take in consideration a budget of 35m €.
We already spent 24.5m(+2.5m later) so we have about 10m to spend + $$$ from sells to buy a LB(DC gone), RB(Zebina or Grygera gone), CM(Tiago gone) and possibly a DM(Poulsen gone), Forward(Trez) and a CB(Mellberg).

We can't afford a 20m player in front. There's even no $$$ for another CB either so might as well keep Olof.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yes Mark, but with the money we have already spent on Diego, that doesn't leave us with much left to spend on a player that would be an upgrade. It would be extremely dicey if you ask me to sell Tiago/Pouslen and buy players for that position with the same money we would get from the sales. So unless it was a young, unproven gamble I don't really see us buying an upgrade in those positions when we wouldn't get much from sales of current players in those positions. Lets say we sell melberg for 3m, what kind of player can we buy for 3m that would be an upgrade? Another example, lets say we sell Tiago for 8m, what CM can we buy for 8m that would be an upgrade to him? We do not have much money in our reserves to add to that.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
upd: +Knezevic. And change Zebina for something.
Knezevic is irrelevant. We let him go and took Canna for free. We can sell Marchionni for 5m but not replace him since we won't play with wingers. We can get $$$ from loans, co-ownerships and players we want to get rid of and all that is hard to do if you're called Juve.

OP
Vinny Del Pogba
Jul 10, 2006
  • Thread Starter #128
    Yea, I figured Rossi would be too much for us if we can't make the trez swap work. Which I dont think it will. I just hope that if he does leave the Yellow Submarines it's for an EPL team and not Inter or Milan.

juve901

The Strategist
    Jul 8, 2008
    Getting Rossi would be amazing. Having Rossi, Seba, and Marchisio - all young players - on our team... not to mention also Chiellini... the cream of the crop of the Azzurri's young future at Juve would be amazing, and would be in such great contrast to Inter... and especially Milan. Also, Rossi, Seba, and Marchisio all have a great relationship with one another which could really drive up results. The problem is that we have plenty of fowards, and we need some help in the back. I wish we had more money.

Fellas

Farsopoli
    Jun 13, 2005
    Skysport24 says that Villareal has said ok to Trez.. but wants 15-18 million euros +Trez
    For me this is a must deal if skysport24 is right about this.

Trez have a high salary in Juventus.. G.Rossi wouldent earn as much as Trez.. so it would lower our salerys also

I hope this is true

Jun 13, 2007
    Goal.com says that Juve have officially began negotiations for Rossi. I don't know how much truth there is to that though.

As for our transfer budget, I'm sure Juve will be able to cough up enough money with the players we're going to sell. Real Madrid's budget is around 200 M, I don't think it's right that our entire budget is only around 35 M.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Goal.com says that Juve have officially began negotiations for Rossi. I don't know how much truth there is to that though.

As for our transfer budget, I'm sure Juve will be able to cough up enough money with the players we're going to sell. Real Madrid's budget is around 200 M, I don't think it's right that our entire budget is only around 35 M.
    What does Real Madrid's budget have to do with ours? Real Madrid take out massive loans and pay it back in merchandising and have a €1 billion tv deal.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005

Anyone want to handle this?.....:p

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)