Giuseppe Rossi (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Bet? Nah, i don't wanna bet against me, since i want him to succeed ;)

But it certainly isn't certain if he will deliver his potential. No one can be certain of this about any player.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
More developed is one thing better player is another.
That's all I said; right now, Rossi is more developed and so he is currently better.

Are you implying Giovinco won't fulfill his potential?
It is possible.

He and Juventus need to figure out what position he is going to play and Giovinco still has a lot to learn about how to play when he is being properly marked.

I think he needs to start wide, where it is easier to find space, and drift inside. I'm not convinced that his physique will allow him to play in a central role against top class defenders/defensive midfielders.

Dec 26, 2004
Bet? Nah, i don't wanna bet against me, since i want him to succeed ;)

But it certainly isn't certain if he will deliver his potential. No one can be certain of this about any player.
So we are certainly not certain about anything for certain... thanks for the certain info;)

That's all I said; right now, Rossi is more developed and so he is currently better.

It is possible.

He and Juventus need to figure out what position he is going to play and Giovinco still has a lot to learn about how to play when he is being properly marked.

I think he needs to start wide, where it is easier to find space, and drift inside. I'm not convinced that his physique will allow him to play in a central role against top class defenders/defensive midfielders.
Can't say I disagree with anything you've just said.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Hell, perhaps Giovinco will be set up for failure. After all, people sure love to talk about it.
If I have to choose between Giovinco or Rossi, I'd pick Giovinco in a heartbeat. But that's because he has ALWAYS played for Juventus (don't count Empoli, they're not really a team anyway).

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
i'm worried our formation has no space for gio unless used as a back up for diego or dp. if rossi arrives he's confined to being diego's back up and then he's got no future. we're not playing wings anymore and thats prolly why they're selling who i would rate to be an excellent LM..de ceglie (no not a wingback..check the game he came in for neddy) and will sell marchionni..

impact wise rossi will probably be greater at the moment...if gio were to find the right atmosphere...probably la liga would be his best environment..he could be marvelous on the wing or as a trequartarista

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Apart from the lame proposal of swapping him Treze + a fortune.
Is there any real interest shown from our board to get him, or we can close this thread??

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Apart from the wishful thinking of our fans, i ve never heard any official lips from Juve, confirming our interest for his acquisition.

And the deal with Treze is press made and unrealistic.
Treze would never accept that and we would never pay all that cash + Treze.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
i don't understand y we want diarra. if we get him wat's goin to happen in jan when both him & momo fob off for the ACN?

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
If I'm not mistaken wasn't Gio the one who played great along Rossi and reverse. I mean they were excellent together on the field. If I'm righ than I'm sure that we don't have to worry about Rossi taking Gio's place in the team.

And I have to agree with Cronios about one thing, are we really linked with him, we never heard anything about this possible transfer from our or Villareal's officials, only from newspapers.

@Red: :tup: I tottaly agree wtih your post.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
If I'm not mistaken wasn't Gio the one who played great along Rossi and reverse. I mean they were excellent together on the field. If I'm righ than I'm sure that we don't have to worry about Rossi taking Gio's place in the team.
Right, they were marvellous together, but there wasn't a Diego between them. And I think a combination of them three won't work, at Milan even Ronaldinho couldn't do his best alongside Kaka, who played in the centre. As I see it now, Giovinco, like Ronaldinho, would need someone nearer the right wing or someone more of a second striker (where Rossi fits him perfectly) to play with rather than with another central attacking midfielder.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
so everyone here is in consensus that rossi > seba?
Not really, bit more developed as a talent then Gio is right now due to having more senior footie experience (2 years more then Gio), and better physicality to withstand the pressure. But there is no mistaken it, I am a big fan of Rossi, but I watched them play almost 20 months together in Azzurrini footie, and quite assuredly in all of those 20 months, Giovinco showed himself to be the better player, and talent. Rossi himself allways said as much, that Gio was the star, while Rossi the very lethal secondary star player.

As someone else mentionned, its how they are used too, and how much they play, Giovinco is so far as unfortunate as Rossi was in Man U and Newcastle, he was struggling for time, and not getting enough playtime to grow as a player, as Giovinco has been for a while. When he gets trust and regular playing time, you will see that he has alot to offer too, as he showed most of the time in the Azzurrini. Plus, its also wether or not you use a player to his strenghts, Rossi in Villareal surely has, and grown quite a bit as a player due to it, the same needs to happen for Gio, and hopefully soon (Casiraghi is a bad coach too, so he really doesnt aid this youngsters much else then pick then and line them up, so Gio really needs a real coach who uses him right and shows whats what).

But this is a Rossi thread, and IMO the only thing we need to discuss with him and Giovinco is how awesome they would be playing together again. Because THAT will be a real fucking treat to put it mildly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)