JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Which is a good thing, it is crucial to be able to buy someone in January depending on the real needs you have. Peluso for example.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeh. I agree that we are ok with what we have in attack. In Januray we will know more or less whats our situation with Llorente and Quags to have a more clearer picture.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yeh. I agree that we are ok with what we have in attack. In Januray we will know more or less whats our situation with Llorente and Quags to have a more clearer picture.
Maybe things evolve to desperately needing a left winger or a CM and actually get Radja...Maybe Tevez flops....

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well tevez flopping is a tough one. Too early to tell, but i have never doubted Tevez class, and above all,his conviction and self confidence.. Something that Giovinco needs desperately

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think it's important that we have kept some balance by holding on to 3 out of 5 strikers from last season. There will be some understanding on the system and team, and gives us established depth to fall back on, while Llorente adapts. If he does so, successfully.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Well tevez flopping is a tough one. Too early to tell, but i have never doubted Tevez class, and above all,his conviction and self confidence.. Something that Giovinco needs desperately
What Giovinco really needs is a one way ticket away from Turin

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think it's important that we have kept some balance by holding on to 3 out of 5 strikers from last season. There will be some understanding on the system and team, and gives us established depth to fall back on, while Llorente adapts. If he does so, successfully.
Yup. It was risky business to get rid of both quag and matri at the same time, wihtut knwing how llorente was going to do with us

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Wow really? But your asking for a skillful SS/winger and you mention Omitting Isla, not Giovinco.
conte never have faith in isla as a winger ala rwf not rwb although theoretically isla could pull a pepe

isla already want to play as merda so why keep him?

all in all by now we all should've realized this team need more offensive talent like tevez than defensive minded all round player

I've been consistent from the start of the mercato that we need at least 2 offensive talents to compete with the best, marotta unfortunately only bring one :(

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Conte giving the same faith as he gave to Pepe, both of them took hard hits during most of the season. You can't really give Isla a solid rate for last Season, though they both have this half season to prove Conte right for keeping'em.

It's a little too early for me to say but I already have a guy feeling about Llorente being a bust but Marotta had nothing to lose giving it being a free transfer. I can agree to some extent about the front line but its the best we had since Trezeguet and Del Piero.

- - - Updated - - -

Gut feeling*

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
think about it, once tevez off form or worse like getting injury we are literally back to mediocrity in attack :sergio:

if one man can be such difference to this team, why we don't want another? instead we want nainggolan :sergio:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Despite Marotta`s effords to ruin it in the last day, this has been our best post calciopoli mercato without doubt!
Our primary objectives were met for the very first time and we did manage to sell two players at a decent price, thats a first too!
Signing a player of Tevez class is a new landmark, marking hopefully, a new era of ascendance to the national stage!

Mistakes were made again, past issues still haunt us, but we can now look upon the future with a smile!
We have improved, with its many imperfections, it was a leap ahead, considering our previous stage!

Other clubs, like Napoli did better and covered that ground faster, but we did good enough and thats all that matters.

I ll wait and see if there are any buy back clauses to Sorensens and Maronnes co own deals, to decide between a seven or an 8 /10

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Gotta be 8.5/10 if you are looking at the fees we spent for the players we got plus the co-ownership deals.
7/10 for the players sold
So Overall i give it about 8/10 which is really good.

Forza Marotta! please get us that LWB soon! Coentraaaooo!!

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
He got us Tevez, Ogbonna, Llorente, half of Berardi and some other bright prospects for the future.

Then managed to sell two squad players for combined fee of almost 20 million.

9/10.

If he had managed to get us player like Lulic for LWB, it would be 10/10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)