ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
only counting first team transfers

In:
Tevez
Llorente
Ogbonna

9/10. Would have been 9.5 with Nainggolan/Coentrao etc. Don't think it's ever possible to have a 10/10 mercato.

Out:
Matri
Giaccherini
Marrone

7.5/10. Got good prices finally but still didn't clear enough players out imo.

Overall: 8.5/10

Buy on AliExpress.com

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
While they may have overpaid for some and while it remains to be seen how they perform for real, Spurs have done reasonably well signing Lamela, Eriksen, Chiriches, Capoue, Soldado, Chadil and Paulinho for something like €30M and a welshman. In terms of result, it's pretty epic. In terms of skill, perhaps not as RM retardation made it happen.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
While they may have overpaid for some and while it remains to be seen how they perform for real, Spurs have done reasonably well signing Lamela, Eriksen, Chiriches, Capoue, Soldado, Chadil and Paulinho for something like €30M and a welshman. In terms of result, it's pretty epic. In terms of skill, perhaps not as RM retardation made it happen.
I agree. But I'd like to see what Marotta could do with 130m dollaz on his check balance. I think it would play out like:

1. Tevez
2. Llorente
3. Ogbonna
(duh)
4. Naing
5. Coentrao
6. Nani
7. Jovetic

With money left over as well.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Despite Marotta`s effords to ruin it in the last day, this has been our best post calciopoli mercato without doubt!
Our primary objectives were met for the very first time and we did manage to sell two players at a decent price, thats a first too!
Signing a player of Tevez class is a new landmark, marking hopefully, a new era of ascendance to the national stage!

Mistakes were made again, past issues still haunt us, but we can now look upon the future with a smile!
We have improved, with its many imperfections, it was a leap ahead, considering our previous stage!

Other clubs, like Napoli did better and covered that ground faster, but we did good enough and thats all that matters.

I ll wait and see if there are any buy back clauses to Sorensens and Maronnes co own deals, to decide between a seven or an 8 /10
He almost traded a mediocre Italian SS for a CF...

I would have thought you'd cream your pants.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
We didn't buy a player since July 11 - would've liked one more towards the end but overall can't really complain. Having Tevez is like having a great forward and an extra tenacious midfielder at the same time.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I give him an 8.5/10 overall

For his purchases for the first team, he gets an 8.5

Tevez, Llorente, and Ogbonna for a combined 30 million is outrageously good, no matter how you look at it. The main weakness in the team seems to have been fixed just with Tevez alone, and although Llorente has yet to feature, I have to give Beppe the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his one major free signing every year for the past 2 years. (Perfect 10's for both Pirlo and Pogba). Ogbonna was needed, greatly needed, despite what some people may say. He's a player that could walk into the starting XI on over half of the clubs in Serie A.

Sales- 7.5/10

Isla could have, and probably should have been sold, but that circus was a merry-go-round of Conte changing his mind every other day. Selling Matri for 11 million was very good business, as was Giaccherini for 7.5, although I have a suspicion that we will miss the latter more than the former by the end of the season. I'm sure that with Isla having a full year to recover and Pepe coming back to full strength after a lost season probably factored into that decision.

Now, onto my favorite part

Purchases for the youth sector

9.5/10

Getting half of Berardi's contract alone would have made this a 9/10. Fantastic young player, and when you are the catalyst for a club being promoted to Serie A at the tender age of 18, it not only speaks for his talent, but his maturity in being able to handle the pressure. Wicked left foot, great vision, just has the potential to be everything that we hope he can be. Trading 1/2 of a player's contract who will probably never find first team football (Marrone), for a youngster of this promise is a great piece of business. Add to that, being able to poach two youngsters from Barcelona and Man City, and you couldn't ask for anything more. Basically, Juve have their talons into a promising array of young talent in Italy, and the steps to being self sufficient a la Bayern Munich took another important step this transfer market.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
He almost traded a mediocre Italian SS for a CF...

I would have thought you'd cream your pants.
If it wasnt for the last day happenings (Berardi, yet another mediocre Italian SS coming, and losing Marrone in another disastrous co own deal, like Giovinco's and finally negotiate a fee close to 15-20 for yet another CM sub in Naiggo) then i d rank it as high as 8 without a doubt, a little higher than if he would make more profit from Melo or get Higuain.
9 if on top of that a Kolarov class LB/LWB and i de keep the 10 for a Suarez class player.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Without elaborating to much 9.5/10 for me. He did excellent job regarding our purchases. This team is now complete. He gets half a point less because the likes of Motta and PDC are still here. Almost perfect mercato.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I give him an 8.5/10 overall

For his purchases for the first team, he gets an 8.5

Tevez, Llorente, and Ogbonna for a combined 30 million is outrageously good, no matter how you look at it. The main weakness in the team seems to have been fixed just with Tevez alone, and although Llorente has yet to feature, I have to give Beppe the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his one major free signing every year for the past 2 years. (Perfect 10's for both Pirlo and Pogba). Ogbonna was needed, greatly needed, despite what some people may say. He's a player that could walk into the starting XI on over half of the clubs in Serie A.

Sales- 7.5/10

Isla could have, and probably should have been sold, but that circus was a merry-go-round of Conte changing his mind every other day. Selling Matri for 11 million was very good business, as was Giaccherini for 7.5, although I have a suspicion that we will miss the latter more than the former by the end of the season. I'm sure that with Isla having a full year to recover and Pepe coming back to full strength after a lost season probably factored into that decision.

Now, onto my favorite part

Purchases for the youth sector

9.5/10

Getting half of Berardi's contract alone would have made this a 9/10. Fantastic young player, and when you are the catalyst for a club being promoted to Serie A at the tender age of 18, it not only speaks for his talent, but his maturity in being able to handle the pressure. Wicked left foot, great vision, just has the potential to be everything that we hope he can be. Trading 1/2 of a player's contract who will probably never find first team football (Marrone), for a youngster of this promise is a great piece of business. Add to that, being able to poach two youngsters from Barcelona and Man City, and you couldn't ask for anything more. Basically, Juve have their talons into a promising array of young talent in Italy, and the steps to being self sufficient a la Bayern Munich took another important step this transfer market.

:tup: says it all

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
8/10 for Beppe from me.

Finally signed a world class forward, who can cause major problems to the best teams in CL. Signed a great center back, who provides a very solid back up option if any of our center backs get injured and has the quality to become an important part of our defence in the future. Secured the signing of couple of talented youngsters, who has the potential to become great players in the future.

Didn't manage to sell a bunch of useless players like Motta, De Ceglie and Martinez. Didn't buy any solid LB/LWB, who could give Asamoah a run for his money. Sold Matri, who could have actually been an useful back up option, instead of Quag.

Surely it's the best transfer window in the recent years, but it's far from being perfect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 109)