Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
8.5-9/10 from me.

I think we had a great mercato. Had we bought a LW it would be a clear 10 out of 10. But even this way it's amazing. Our forward line was the most worrying thing and Marotta had me after we signed Llorente, let alone a gem such as Tevez later in the mercato.

Big changes for not so much money. I approve.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
8/10 - pushing towards 8.5/10.

I approved of all the signings and sales.

If he'd managed to: sell the like of Motta and De Ceglie (or at least get them off the wage bill); sell Quagliarella and sign a cheaper, more useful replacement; and sign Nainggolan, it would have been getting dangerously close to a 10/10 mercato.

As things stand, though, I think Juve look a midfielder short after not getting anyone in to replace Giaccherini, so hopefully the rumours that Nainggolan is pretty much a done deal for January are true.

FinoAllaFine

Jul 19, 2013

If he'd managed to: sell the like of Motta and De Ceglie (or at least get them off the wage bill); sell Quagliarella and sign a cheaper, more useful replacement; and sign Nainggolan, it would have been getting dangerously close to a 10/10 mercato.

As things stand, though, I think Juve look a midfielder short after not getting anyone in to replace Giaccherini, so hopefully the rumours that Nainggolan is pretty much a done deal for January are true.
I agree with this 100%. If Juve can secure Nainggolan, along with a LWB and one more top striker and shed the useless contracts (Motta, PDC, etc.), they will have one of the most complete/deep teams in Europe.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

I think Pepe will replace Giach. He has played as a CM.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
lol the tevez pic

- - - Updated - - -

Hee haw

- - - Updated - - -

isla and Pepe can fill the gap if needed, no?

Attachments

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Great mercato, Beppe definitely knocked it out of the park. That Berardi move was certainly a nice cherry on top, my exposure to him is limited, but he certainly looks the part. I'll go 8/10 overall.

Never in a million years did I think that Tevez would be an option, figured between his wages, competition from other clubs, and desire for South America it was out of the question, but he is going to fit beautifully in our setup - just an A++ purchase at that price. Not that our setup requires it, but Carlitos has such a tremendous work ethic that he probably could have made Del Neri's setup work, ffs (Edit: by this I meant that he technically has the ability to drop all the way to basically the centre line to link the midfield and attack, yet still be an extremely effective attacker - something Diego couldn't do, and obviously isn't ideal).

Ogbonna is a BEAST. Given the formation, we needed to solidify that back three; physicality, versatility, composure on the ball... this is a nice move for the future. Really happy here, looking forward to watching him develop.

I still haven't seen a lot of Llorente, and in all honesty, he is not a player I have ever rated highly (for a club of Juve's stature - obviously he's a solid player), but when he's available on a Bosman it's hardly a "bad" piece of business. Very opportunistic, hopefully he proves me wrong and carves out a nice niche here at the club.

As for sales, I love Giacc, but I don't really see his departure as a significant blow to the club. Great character guy, he's a great teammate, had a couple of big moments for us, played well at Confed, but recouping what we laid out on him a couple years later is absolutely fine by me.

Would have liked to see Matri stay, always thought he deserved a touch more of the manager's confidence (especially a couple seasons ago) but we had to sell somebody, and 11M is a solid price. Not thrilled he's off to Milan, but Beppe made the deal he could, and the return is solid at this point. Hopefully the player is happy there.

Just my opinion, but I'm glad we didn't splash on Nainggolan.

Can't wait for CL to start.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Isla, maybe.

Never seen Pepe play in central midfield.

I'd sooner play Peluso on the left and move Asamoah into midfield than any of the other options, though.
:edit: padoin In case of emergency*

- - - Updated - - -

Great mercato, Beppe definitely knocked it out of the park. That Berardi move was certainly a nice cherry on top, my exposure to him is limited, but he certainly looks the part. I'll go 8/10 overall.

Never in a million years did I think that Tevez would be an option, figured between his wages, competition from other clubs, and desire for South America it was out of the question, but he is going to fit beautifully in our setup - just an A++ purchase at that price. Not that our setup requires it, but Carlitos has such a tremendous work ethic that he probably could have made Del Neri's setup work, ffs (Edit: by this I meant that he technically has the ability to drop all the way to basically the centre line to link the midfield and attack, yet still be an extremely effective attacker - something Diego couldn't do, and obviously isn't ideal).

Ogbonna is a BEAST. Given the formation, we needed to solidify that back three; physicality, versatility, composure on the ball... this is a nice move for the future. Really happy here, looking forward to watching him develop.

I still haven't seen a lot of Llorente, and in all honesty, he is not a player I have ever rated highly (for a club of Juve's stature - obviously he's a solid player), but when he's available on a Bosman it's hardly a "bad" piece of business. Very opportunistic, hopefully he proves me wrong and carves out a nice niche here at the club.

As for sales, I love Giacc, but I don't really see his departure as a significant blow to the club. Great character guy, he's a great teammate, had a couple of big moments for us, played well at Confed, but recouping what we laid out on him a couple years later is absolutely fine by me.

Would have liked to see Matri stay, always thought he deserved a touch more of the manager's confidence (especially a couple seasons ago) but we had to sell somebody, and 11M is a solid price. Not thrilled he's off to Milan, but Beppe made the deal he could, and the return is solid at this point. Hopefully the player is happy there.

Just my opinion, but I'm glad we didn't splash on Nainggolan.

Can't wait for CL to start.
:tup:

You had me after great mercato.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009

I think we all understate how important this dude was as a squad player - he was also a true winger.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I'm not good at rating things, but this was a very good mercato for us, hopefully Llorente can find form quickly. Everyone keeps talking about Marotta's inability to sell, but Matri and Giaccherini ( :cry: ) went for some pretty good sums, the rest aren't exactly wanted men. But there is still the LWB issue, and our squad also feels a bit thin up front still. Is God forbid there is a long-lasting injury in any position we have one good replacement, except for our forward line at this point. And then, of course, there is a lack of a real replacement for Pirlo given our style of play. These issues will definitely need to be addressed in either the winter or next summer. The future looks bright.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
That game :touched:

We didn't win, of course, but the fight and the grinta our lads showed that night made everyone aware that we were in for a special season. Our previous 4 trips to that shithole had seen us ass-raped every time (who remembers the game where Delneri played with Amauri and Toni upfront :lol: ) and to fight back first from 2-0 and 3-1 down to level the game in that firey atmosphere...stuff of dreams. One of my favourite games of that season.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
I think Pepe will replace Giach. He has played as a CM.
I don't think it will ever come to that. Isla has more experience in the middle, I think, and in any case it would be better to move Asamoah in and have Pepe play the left flank. He's done that for us in the past at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)