JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
According to this journalist Bucchioni, Conte and Marrotta are not getting along at all, and Conte is apparently pissed because none of the promises made in May have been delivered. Agnelli is mediating between the two and trying to explain that they didn't have such budgets. Conte wanted one of Jovetic, Higuain and Suarez, but he got Tevez who has different characteristics, and he was totally against the sales of Matri and Giacch, who he believes we're not replaced. The last day dealing for Quag didn't go down well with him either coz he apparently suggested that if you can't get me who I want, I'd like to keep the ones I have. He's also apparently regretting not accepting Chelsea's offer in the summer.

Hard to say where the truth really lies, but I think there's a hint of realism in the fact that he's pissed, but I really dunno how this situation is going to resolve itself. He may just opt out of the club unless we win this season. While I don't blame Beppe for the splendid job we've done on the mercato this season, I do believe we have more money than we've spent or project to have when we talk about economical crisis in Italy.
Considering that we have not spent a lot net, and continually speak about not having money, the economic crisis, and how we can't buy €25m+ players, I think it's safe to assume we are spending within our limitations. We might have money left over (Nainggolan?), but Conte knows full well, and has said many times himself, that the fees for Higuain and certainly Suarez are far outside our capabilities.

Therefore it's extremely unlikely anyone at Juventus would have made promises (a heavy word far overused in relation to Marotta and his role) to Conte about such players. No one makes promises for signing players, because the market does not work like that. You can only promise to try.

I also look at the way Conte is purring about Tevez, and how if I was to pick one forward before this summer started that would suit Conte's system it would have been Carlos Tevez.

In conclusion; shit-stirring and guesswork nonsense during a quiet period.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Word

But screw 25M players, we should focus on bargains. Feels much better to know you spent less than your rivals and got more quality in return.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I don't think we overpaid for him at all to be honest. He's been very good, despite what some will have you think, on our left wing and his added versatility only boosts his price. Very good purchase imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does it suck that Padoin is still here? He's a very good asset to this team.
I don't like him, and I don't rate him.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
If he is regreting not taking Chelsea's offer just because of those things, well he should leave the club asap but I just dont believe that story, he is true juventino.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Yea, he himself said it at the recent summit, how happy he and his family are in Torino. More than saying it, he kind of reiterated it, because of all these rumours.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I find it hard to believe that Conte would feel this way at this point. Yeah, I get that he is still hurt over the sales of Matri and Giacch, but those were business opportunites that presented itself, and you strike while the iron is hot. Juve are arguably one of the top 5 clubs in Europe at this point, so there really shouldn't be any complaining.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
According to this journalist Bucchioni, Conte and Marrotta are not getting along at all, and Conte is apparently pissed because none of the promises made in May have been delivered. Agnelli is mediating between the two and trying to explain that they didn't have such budgets. Conte wanted one of Jovetic, Higuain and Suarez, but he got Tevez who has different characteristics, and he was totally against the sales of Matri and Giacch, who he believes we're not replaced. The last day dealing for Quag didn't go down well with him either coz he apparently suggested that if you can't get me who I want, I'd like to keep the ones I have. He's also apparently regretting not accepting Chelsea's offer in the summer.

Hard to say where the truth really lies, but I think there's a hint of realism in the fact that he's pissed, but I really dunno how this situation is going to resolve itself. He may just opt out of the club unless we win this season. While I don't blame Beppe for the splendid job we've done on the mercato this season, I do believe we have more money than we've spent or project to have when we talk about economical crisis in Italy.
I don't think there is any truth in this. He's not happy with signing of Tevez? Unhappy with sales of Giach and Matri? Italian media and credibility. Few months ago before CL final Tuttosport published interview with Madžukić. The day after Mario said that he never gave them one.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If he is regreting not taking Chelsea's offer just because of those things, well he should leave the club asap but I just dont believe that story, he is true juventino.
We shouldn't be surprised how many journalists will try to cause problems or create stories and instability at the club, Juventus right now are a battleship, and every person who is not juventino wants us to crash. Conte is the obvious target, as he is seen as the special ingredient.

Furino

Dec 31, 2012
According to this journalist Bucchioni, Conte and Marrotta are not getting along at all, and Conte is apparently pissed because none of the promises made in May have been delivered. Agnelli is mediating between the two and trying to explain that they didn't have such budgets. Conte wanted one of Jovetic, Higuain and Suarez, but he got Tevez who has different characteristics
Oh, of course Jovetic and Higuain have very similiar characteristics :sergio:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Sure they do, we didn't buy them, that is a similar characteristic.

If we'd bought Higuain and not Tevez then of course the journalist could post this fantasy and it would make more sense :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Just the Tevez deal should have Conte super pleased right now. I think everyone and their momma has noticed how dynamic and just made for juve Tevez is. Jovetic was an expensive pseudogamble...while Tevez just got out of the giftbox roaring and kicking. To get mad because you didnt got Jovetic after what we have seen is just moronic.

IMO all that news are total bullshit. yes im pretty sure that Conte should have had his arguments with Marotta, but like in any other proffesion, there will always be a moment when ull have ur arguments with other colleague. I undertsand his Giacherini and Matri upsets,... but there are a lot of factors that we need to take in consideration, like for example the conomic aspects of the team...and also that ine harsh truth is that Both Matri and Giach were just not getting the minutes they wanted and its understandable if both sacrificed juventus to improve their careers.

Conte is OK here IMO, he has a great group of ads at his disposal and it would be stupid to say he is regretting not taken his chelsea chance. Is even beyond stupid to say that as a fact.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Shit stirring. :yawn:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I was all for Jovetic for the last two years but let's be honest here: he wasn't worth 30m. Tevez was much cheaper and is much better than Jovetic at this point. I can't see Conte being frustrated because it wouldn't make any sense. This just proves the whole story is bs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)