Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
7.5 Mercato. Excellent signings in attack, and Ogbonna gives us greater depth in defense. We still lack quality in the LB/LWB position (particularly if Asamoah is injnured or loses form), and we sold off two midfielders in Giac and Marrone without bringing in proper replacements, leaving us somewhat thin in that department.

De Ceglie, Motta, Giovinco, and Padoin are still here, so that kinda sux as well.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
7.5 Mercato. Excellent signings in attack, and Ogbonna gives us greater depth in defense. We still lack quality in the LB/LWB position (particularly if Asamoah is injnured or loses form), and we sold off two midfielders in Giac and Marrone without bringing in proper replacements, leaving us somewhat thin in that department.

De Ceglie, Motta, Giovinco, and Padoin are still here, so that kinda sux as well.
I like Padoin. He is a very useful player as he covers alot of position. But De Ceglie and Motta must go. Along with Peluso.

Marotta spend 17 millon on Motta and Martinez. His failure in Juventus.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I like Padoin. He is a very useful player as he covers alot of position. But De Ceglie and Motta must go. Along with Peluso.

Marotta spend 17 millon on Motta and Martinez. His failure in Juventus.
You have to remember at that time though, Not many players wanted to come to Juve and to get these players to come we had to pay more money for them. Now all the players want Juve, he had a tough job to do in his 1st season. Del Neri is more to blame for thinking Martinez was a left mid instead of a left winger. He was suited in a 4-3-3 and Del Neri put him in a 4-4-2.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
guyss, asamoah is a long term signing. he only 24 and can give us another 10 years of quality football

pirlo is maybe one year away from retirement. once that happens expect asamo to play more centrally and a new lwb to come

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I think Asamoah was a fair value for 18 million, we had a chance to look at him when we sign him co own and we liked what we saw and sign him outright. He been consistant. With the current market, 18 million is dirt money.

Martinez problem wasn't really his positioning, but it was more on the fact he keeps on injured all the time. We had to pay over the top as well because Lazio bid him as well.
This signing reminds me of Andrade.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Yeh assa is ok and helps a lot but he was quite too expensive now that we got the full picture of him.
Hydde, bud, he's playing a totally different position for Juventus than he played prior to the club purchasing him. How do we have the full picture of him, when he's barely played in the middle of the pitch? And frankly, the fact that he can play on the left only adds to his value.

That price for Asa is basically the cost of doing business in Italy, for young, established talent. Udinese have to send a message that big clubs can't just raid their top talent for peanuts.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I don't think we overpaid for him at all to be honest. He's been very good, despite what some will have you think, on our left wing and his added versatility only boosts his price. Very good purchase imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does it suck that Padoin is still here? He's a very good asset to this team.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
I don't think we overpaid for him at all to be honest. He's been very good, despite what some will have you think, on our left wing and his added versatility only boosts his price. Very good purchase imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does it suck that Padoin is still here? He's a very good asset to this team.
Nah, we need to get back to our Galacticos days when superstars like Vierchowod, Marocchi, Lombardo, Iuliano, Birindelli, Fresi, Di Vaio, Baiocco, Moretti etc. filled out our squad.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
According to this journalist Bucchioni, Conte and Marrotta are not getting along at all, and Conte is apparently pissed because none of the promises made in May have been delivered. Agnelli is mediating between the two and trying to explain that they didn't have such budgets. Conte wanted one of Jovetic, Higuain and Suarez, but he got Tevez who has different characteristics, and he was totally against the sales of Matri and Giacch, who he believes we're not replaced. The last day dealing for Quag didn't go down well with him either coz he apparently suggested that if you can't get me who I want, I'd like to keep the ones I have. He's also apparently regretting not accepting Chelsea's offer in the summer.

Hard to say where the truth really lies, but I think there's a hint of realism in the fact that he's pissed, but I really dunno how this situation is going to resolve itself. He may just opt out of the club unless we win this season. While I don't blame Beppe for the splendid job we've done on the mercato this season, I do believe we have more money than we've spent or project to have when we talk about economical crisis in Italy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)