May 26, 2016
Bonucci was obviously a major dissapointment. I never expected Alves to stay anyway, dont get why people was surprised about that.

Other than that we are much more complete and less dependent on certain players this year. I take that as an overall improvement.

We had to choose and went for depth and stability. I think its a good move, players will be able to get rest, we will have less injuries, and more flexibility in formations.

Howedes and Matuidi brings experience wich will blend perfectly with our talents.

The only real dissapointment besides Bonucci, was not getting Schick or Keita, but its not the end of the world, as there will be opportunities to stack up talent next year.

Selling Lemina and replacing him with Matuidi is really good.

Beppe still got it. :tup:

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Bonucci was obviously a major dissapointment. I never expected Alves to stay anyway, dont get why people was surprised about that.

Other than that we are much more complete and less dependent on certain players this year. I take that as an overall improvement.

We had to choose and went for depth and stability. I think its a good move, players will be able to get rest, we will have less injuries, and more flexibility in formations.

Howedes and Matuidi brings experience wich will blend perfectly with our talents.

The only real dissapointment besides Bonucci, was not getting Schick or Keita, but its not the end of the world, as there will be opportunities to stack up talent next year.

Selling Lemina and replacing him with Matuidi is really good.

Beppe still got it. :tup:
My only criticism of this mercato is we didn't bring any top players in. We added good quality all around but a player of the calibre of a Sanchez was definitely needed this season.

I would give this mercato an 8/10 overall, a much much bigger improvement over last season's disaster imo

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
How the hell was last seasons mercato a disaster? :rofl:
Midfield with no legs and no enforcer to win the ball back leaving us vulnerable in midfield

Spending 90 million on Higuain who we can not even come close to getting the best out of and doesn't suit our style of play

Only having one winger in Cuadrado and not having a ready made winger to play on the opposite flank (Pjaca is young and not quite developed to be reliable) having no back up wingers in case any get injured.

Starting off with a 3-5-2 and realising the formation is not really working half way through the season and switching to a 4-2-3-1 and having to play Mandzukic as a winger because there is no alternative

It was a miracle Allegri got the results he did with the team and he definitely was not helped too much by the signings he was given

This mercato has been much much better and the we have signed players to fill all the holes we have in the team

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
TLDR

You said we didn't sign any top players this mercato (this is sort of true) ...last season we signed THREE world class players, as well as a very good CB who was one of the best defenders in Serie A at one pointand a top young prospect who impressed at the Euros.

You're just making up stuff to suit your narrative. Allegri is the coach. Marotta/Paratici sign the players. IT IS ALLEGRI'S JOB to figure out how to use to the players he has at his disposal. That's how it's always gone down in Italy. Most coaches in the world would give up anything to coach the squad of players Allegri had under his tutelage last season.

We were literally were 45 mins away from a treble which we nearly won with a huge help from two of the five summer signings Marotta and co made. Ridiculous to call last seasons transfer dealings a disaster.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
TLDR

You said we didn't sign any top players this mercato (sort of true) last season we signed THREE, as well as a Serie A ready CB who everyone rated and a top young prospect. You're just making up stuff to suit your narrative. Allegri is the coach. Marotta/Paratici sign the players. IT IS ALLEGRI'S JOB to figure out how to use to the players he has at his disposal. That's how it's always gone down in Italy.
Sorry but how am I making stuff up?

The mercato was very unorganised and wasn't well thought out imo.

I explained everything in my post and unless you can give me counter arguments that contradict what I say rather than just coming out with the usual " making stuff up" you're not really having a constructive argument just saying stuff to suit you're agenda

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Again i ask. How was the mercato unorganised? We literally sorted out our business quick and in a timely fashion without any protracted sagas playing out in the media. Absolute opposite of unorganised. And not only that, we signed 3 absolutely world class players to go along with it.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Again i ask. How was the mercato unorganised? We literally sorted out our business quick and in a timely fashion without any protracted sagas playing out in the media. Absolute opposite of unorganised. And not only that, we signed 3 absolutely world class players to go along with it.
Imo we signed players and didn't sign them to fit the system but just signed them because they were available and good. Pjanic, Higuain and Cuadrado all good players but were not the type of players we needed imo.

Higuain we could not get the best out of him our style of play restricts him too much.

Pjanic does not have the legs in midfield and Allegri experimenting with him at the start of the season and trying to play him like Pirlo was not working.

Cuadrado good player on the wings but no left winger to compliment him and were too reliant on him to create down the wings for us most of the time with him having mixed results.

Just because it was done fast and the quality of player we signed was good doesn't mean they the signings we needed.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
My only criticism of this mercato is we didn't bring any top players in. We added good quality all around but a player of the calibre of a Sanchez was definitely needed this season.

I would give this mercato an 8/10 overall, a much much bigger improvement over last season's disaster imo
How the hell was last seasons mercato a disaster? :rofl:
kek

http://www.juventuz.com/threads/42767-Rate-Juve-s-mercato?highlight=rate+mercato

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Sure signings seemed good on paper, however when the team was playing poorly and you could see not much was working in hindsight it was a poor mercato and not very well thought out imo

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
As if you guys have never changed your opinion before.

I'm saying it now our mercato was poor last season. Rating it before the team has played is one thing and seeing the finished product in action is another.

Just because I thought it was a good mercato last season doesn't mean I think it was a great mercato after seeing the team play

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Oh wow lol

- - - Updated - - -

As if you guys have never changed your opinion before.

I'm saying it now our mercato was poor last season. Rating it before the team has played is one thing and seeing the finished product in action is another.

Just because I thought it was a good mercato last season doesn't mean I think it was a great mercato after seeing the team play
It will be a while before you get out of this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 113)