Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He sounds surprised that Lazio got good money for their young attacker.
Hypocritical. He paid 30 million for a 30 year old Matuidi on the final year of his contract. Monaco paid 35 million for a 22 year old striker because they're selling Mbappe. Lazio got what they wanted, and they weren't lucky; otherwise, PSG were also fortunate to get that sum from us.

- - - Updated - - -

So far:

Douglas Costa
Bernardeschi
Matuidi
Howedes
Szczesny
De Sciglio
Could be a huge signing, or a complete bust
Potentially a very good signing
Solid
Solid
Couldn't care less
Dog Shit

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Hypocritical. He paid 30 million for a 30 year old Matuidi on the final year of his contract. Monaco paid 35 million for a 22 year old striker because they're selling Mbappe. Lazio got what they wanted, and they weren't lucky; otherwise, PSG were also fortunate to get that sum from us.

- - - Updated - - -

Could be a huge signing, or a complete bust
Potentially a very good signing
Solid
Solid
Couldn't care less
Dog Shit
One man's dog shit is another man's treasure.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Nobody can replace Buffon, cause nobody is able to fill Buffon's shoes. It would be too much to ask.
In a year we will go from Buffon to Szczesny and maybe some years later from Szczesny to the next big Italian keeper. It'll be somehow like the time we went from Peruzzi to van der Sar and two years later from van der Sar to Buffon.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
What was wrong with what he said?
He's ignoring the inflated market. We paid 30m for Matuidi who is 1- older and 2- is a DM. He seems to think if a player is in his last year the club should bend over, but when it comes to young attackers this is a sellers market, especially post EPL new TV contract and post Neymar

- - - Updated - - -

In his last year of contract? Yeah they got lucky
According to reports they received a few offers around 30m but Keita refused.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

- - - Updated - - -
Totally fair comparison there :tup: After all its not like had a year left on his contract and the relationship between club and player had devolved so much that he refused to train and wasn't called up.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I don't expect anyone to be excited but people act here like it would be enough for us to go into the season with Pinsoglio as a second gk.
:tup:
Tbh I'd rather have Szczesny for 15mln than spend 75mln on Donnaruma. I'd rather spend the money elsewhere and get a lot higher quality on the pitch.
At the moment yes

- - - Updated - - -

Milan offered €35m, West Ham €32m and Napoli €30m but Keita refused all those offers.
Keita refused Milan and Napoli and instead went to 2nd tier french league with Monaco :lol: :lol: I love it

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
So far:

Douglas Costa
Bernardeschi
Matuidi
Howedes
Szczesny
De Sciglio
these are mostly good players, but none of them would start in a cl-final for any other cl-finalist team from the last 4 seasons, and maybe only matuidi would have started for us in cardiff. bernardeschi has huge potential but a risky purchase, dunno about costa. no new classy midfielder, matuidi is a good addition, still, i expected better quality as beppe kept talking about a great midfielder. höwedes is a surprisingly solid 'damage control' signing, much better than those signature beppe panic buys like hernanes or anelka. the squad has more depth without a doubt, but with those 2 dickheads gone from the defense, our starting lineup has been significantly weakened. new forwards are sideways steps compared to mandzukic and cuadrado. and de sciglio... the poor fucker can't even beat lichtsteiner (who we left out from the cl squad last season) for a starting spot, so unless he gets his shit together and returns to his form we've last seen during allegri's first milan year, he'll be completely useless and a huge risk for every minute he spends on the pitch. i quite like szczesny, though. very good 'keeper at a bargain price.

also, there were plenty of missed opportunities, especiall tolisso, tielemans and/or conti could have been vital. losing schick especially hurts as he's clearly world class material. i hope we gave up on him for a better reason than a short living, minor heart issue that the roma medical team didn't even notice. (i read about speculations of drug use, now that's a good reason.)

anyway, overall this was a 5/10 mercato for me. the definition of unimpressive. (it would have been a 4/10 without höwedes.)

i guess all eyes are on allegri, once again. let's see how and when he manages to find his team, yet again. our mercato strategy of sideways steps is getting frustrating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)