DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I heard they paid he agent fee now :)lol:) but that shouldn't count towards the transfer fee. There's always an agent fee and it's not negligible but they never include it when they quote transfer fees.
Maybe they pay that too :boh: but afaik the extra fee will go to the club. pretty much all the media is reporting it, guessing his price to be something around >€70m.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Not gonna lie, I was really excited about 2 players this summer, Schick and Keita. Too bad we lost out on both.

Hopefully we did well with Bernardeschi and that he's the next superstar.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Here is the thing tho', when somebody like Keita Balde makes such an effort to join us, we should reward him. We're always talking about the players will, but how about offering more than 15m when a guy risks a lot just so he could sign with you?

Sooner or later this shit is going to give us a bad rep. Guys like Keita, Schick, Witsel and countless others(and their agents) don't exactly have the best experience with us. They publicly pledged themselves to us and we just basically told them that they are not worth it.

Just something I think we need to be cautious with.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
lord installments :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the thing tho', when somebody like Keita Balde makes such an effort to join us, we should reward him. We're always talking about the players will, but how about offering more than 15m when a guy risks a lot just so he could sign with you?

Sooner or later this shit is going to give us a bad rep. Guys like Keita, Schick, Witsel and countless others(and their agents) don't exactly have the best experience with us. They publicly pledged themselves to us and we just basically told them that they are not worth it.

Great, let's sign everyone that wants to join us then.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
@Suns - I don't know how you messed up the quote :D

Just because we want them doesn't mean we are going to spend whatever the other club is asking for. :p

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017

We got fucked with Krasic :lol:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

lolsworthy. This is Juventus of course like 99% of players want to come here. The same quality of player will still want to come here just as badly next summer regardless of whether or not we "rewarded" Keita for how badly he wanted to come here by spending millions on him which rightly went to other positions :howler:. In no way should the mercato of a club this size be decided or influenced by players (especially not of the level you've mentioned) simply expressing a desire to come here or us being worried about snubbing them

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004

Sooner or later this $#@! is going to give us a bad rep. Guys like Keita, Schick, Witsel and countless others(and their agents) don't exactly have the best experience with us. They publicly pledged themselves to us and we just basically told them that they are not worth it.

I get what your saying, and along with the Bonucci sale I think Keita and the schick deal in particular was a massive error on Marotta's part. But I think demonstrated also by both of these players is the fact that a players will can change with the wind... Keita went from being desperate to join us to jumping to Monaco in a matter of Days, same can also be said of Schick to Roma....

I just don't rate players will at all, if these guys were genuine and held out until Jan/July then yes we should absolutely reward them - but their 'desire for Juve' can't have been that strong?

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Not gonna lie, I was really excited about 2 players this summer, Schick and Keita. Too bad we lost out on both.

Hopefully we did well with Bernardeschi and that he's the next superstar.
It is a little dissapointing. However, I get the impression that Keita is a douche. Hence he was seen as opportunistic to get him at a low price - Marotta almost said that in exact words.

Schick is more dissapointing. I would have been ok to buy him and leave him at Samp for a year. But clearly Roma paid more than we were willing to offer.

My bigger concern regarding our strikers is that Higuain's form is somewhat troubling and Mandzukic is great with his work ethic but he is not a top 6 or 7 striker anymore.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
It is a little dissapointing. However, I get the impression that Keita is a douche. Hence he was seen as opportunistic to get him at a low price - Marotta almost said that in exact words.

Schick is more dissapointing. I would have been ok to buy him and leave him at Samp for a year. But clearly Roma paid more than we were willing to offer.

My bigger concern regarding our strikers is that Higuain's form is somewhat troubling and Mandzukic is great with his work ethic but he is not a top 6 or 7 striker anymore.
No dude. Shick was sealed and with a contract but we refused to go through.
We signed him for 30,5 and paying in 3 installments.
It's not that roma paid more.
Roma did once we let the player go.
So our board decided to drop Shick.
Dunno about Keita prolly Monaco paid more the agent than us.

Anyway I hope that with Keita going to Monaco we have a chance for Milinkovic-Savic nextsummer.
We need to spend big to get him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)