May 6, 2012
8 years of Guiseppe Marotta

- 6 Scudetto's
- 3 Coppa Italia
- 3 Supercoppa Italia
- 2 CL finals

Summary :
12 trophee's in 8 years time
went to the CL final, sold the midfield and build a new team to reach the final again 2 years later

You not accepting his incredible ability, is delusion, blind negativism and extreme bias.
7 years

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

- 6 Scudetto's
- 3 Coppa Italia
- 3 Supercoppa Italia
- 2 CL finals

Summary :
went to the CL final, sold the midfield and build a new team to reach the final again 2 years later

You not accepting his incredible ability, is delusion, blind negativism and extreme bias.
B81 lives in constant state of mental complexity on anything Marotta related :D

Love you B. Forza ze beppe

Nov 1, 2002

- 6 Scudetto's
- 3 Coppa Italia
- 3 Supercoppa Italia
- 2 CL finals

Summary :

I don't question his ability. he kept stability and quality in the squad but selling best players every year is not good for the CL, only reaching finals is not enough for big club like Juventus

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Juventino★★★;5601945 said:
I don't question his ability. he kept stability and quality in the squad but selling best players every year is not good for the CL, only reaching finals is not enough for big club like Juventus
He didnt sell the best players every year. He sold them when the time was right.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Even in this crazy market Marotta managed to find some good value for money. Szczesny, Costa (considering it's a loan with option), Howedes (if we get him) and Matuidi are deals for the money we paid. It's too early to tell whether Bernardeschi and De Sciglio are worth their fees but overall we definitely made good additions for reasonable fees.

In terms of sales, he managed to get good money for a lot of unneeded players - Asamoah (if we do get 10m), Lemina, Rincon, Neto. I don't like the Bonucci sale but I we need to wait to see if it was a mistake. It all depends on how well Rugani manages to replace him.

I totally disagree with letting Alves go for free, especially since we didn't have a proper replacement. I would have preferred to see us force him to stay till the end of his contract or at least get some money. Seeing how we haggle over peanuts for every player, it's inexplicable why we let him go for nothing.

We obviously can't buy all the young, promising players but I feel like Marotta missed some important opportunities this summer.
1. Naby Keita - He looks to be worth a lot more than the 50m release clause and you have to assume that if Liverpool can get him, we had a shot. There is no indication that we even tried or any other big club for that matter. I think clubs underestimated him like they did with Kante, only he is a lot better than Kante.
2. Schick - I still have no idea what happened here but 25m release clause was a great opportunity. The kid really wanted to come here so there must have been a million ways to get the deal done if we really wanted.
3. Keita Balde - Similar situation - expiring contract and the player only wants Juve. Lotito wasn't going to budge so the best move was to arrange a free transfer for next summer with the player's agent. Considering how many offers he rejected it's a fuck up by Marotta if we don't get him.
4. Higuain - if there really was 100m offer from Chelsea then :sergio:
5. Can/De Vrij - we haven't missed on them yet and we should do everything possible to get them for free next year.

Still, the mercato deserves at least a 7, maybe 8.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
We offered 5mln to be able to spread the payment instead of paying it at once. However, the clause was active only to a certain date which is the reason why Roma overpaid.
That's totally true and also makes no sense at all. Considering that interest rates at the moment are 0, paying 20% more in order to spread the payment in 3 installments is retarded.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We offered 5mln to be able to spread the payment instead of paying it at once. However, the clause was active only to a certain date which is the reason why Roma overpaid.
Certain date? I'm pretty sure clause existed when we offered 30.5mln while his clause was 25mln. So it disappeared after when Roma went after him? Not that it's not possible, I know Strootman's release clause vanished come August 1st.

But like Juliano13 said, it kinda makes no sense, but I guess there's something else behind it too.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Certain date? I'm pretty sure clause existed when we offered 30.5mln while his clause was 25mln. So it disappeared after when Roma went after him? Not that it's not possible, I know Strootman's release clause vanished come August 1st.

But like Juliano13 said, it kinda makes no sense, but I guess there's something else behind it too.
He is right. According to the papers the clause is active from 25th (or 15th?) of June to 25th of July this year and next year. And the clause can only be activated if the buyer pays all the money right away. So we agreed to pay 30.5 in order to spread the cost in 3 installments. I'm just saying that paying 5m in interest makes no sense from economic point of view. I just don't get it. Keep in mind that paying 30.5m in 3 installments is not better for FFP than paying 25m in one installment.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
He is right. According to the papers the clause is active from 25th (or 15th?) of June to 25th of July this year and next year. And the clause can only be activated if the buyer pays all the money right away. So we agreed to pay 30.5 in order to spread the cost in 3 installments. I'm just saying that paying 5m in interest makes no sense from economic point of view. I just don't get it. Keep in mind that paying 30.5m in 3 installments is not better for FFP than paying 25m in one installment.
And next year? So, clause is still there. I know what you're saying about interest rates.

But... you're telling me that Roma opted to spend 15mln extra so they would spread it over 4 years? It makes no sense we wanted to pay 5 extra, but they are paying 15 extra? They surely can't be that stupid.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
And next year? So, clause is still there. I know what you're saying about interest rates.

But... you're telling me that Roma opted to spend 15mln extra so they would spread it over 4 years? It makes no sense we wanted to pay 5 extra, but they are paying 15 extra? They surely can't be that stupid.
No, they spent 15m extra to get him this year after his clause had expired.

- - - Updated - - -

nah who put money into the bank, there are many Index fund you can put your money in which will give you 5-10% annually
First of all, this is a football club not a hedge fund. Second, the thing that matters is not the interest rate on deposits but the interest rate on a bank loan.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011

- 6 Scudetto's
- 3 Coppa Italia
- 3 Supercoppa Italia
- 2 CL finals

Summary :

And this is how 'tuz fans treat him:

[h=4]Tags for this Thread[/h]balding sperm whale, b_aus loves cock, chicken suckadeck, crazy britney, doomsday marotta, it will be fine, lord installments, marottard, our dear leader, secco clone, sell mother for peanuts, terrorist, useless balding slut, zach lickingmarottasballs

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Even in this crazy market Marotta managed to find some good value for money. Szczesny, Costa (considering it's a loan with option), Howedes (if we get him) and Matuidi are deals for the money we paid. It's too early to tell whether Bernardeschi and De Sciglio are worth their fees but overall we definitely made good additions for reasonable fees.

In terms of sales, he managed to get good money for a lot of unneeded players - Asamoah (if we do get 10m), Lemina, Rincon, Neto. I don't like the Bonucci sale but I we need to wait to see if it was a mistake. It all depends on how well Rugani manages to replace him.

I totally disagree with letting Alves go for free, especially since we didn't have a proper replacement. I would have preferred to see us force him to stay till the end of his contract or at least get some money. Seeing how we haggle over peanuts for every player, it's inexplicable why we let him go for nothing.

We obviously can't buy all the young, promising players but I feel like Marotta missed some important opportunities this summer.
1. Naby Keita - He looks to be worth a lot more than the 50m release clause and you have to assume that if Liverpool can get him, we had a shot. There is no indication that we even tried or any other big club for that matter. I think clubs underestimated him like they did with Kante, only he is a lot better than Kante.
2. Schick - I still have no idea what happened here but 25m release clause was a great opportunity. The kid really wanted to come here so there must have been a million ways to get the deal done if we really wanted.
3. Keita Balde - Similar situation - expiring contract and the player only wants Juve. Lotito wasn't going to budge so the best move was to arrange a free transfer for next summer with the player's agent. Considering how many offers he rejected it's a fuck up by Marotta if we don't get him.
4. Higuain - if there really was 100m offer from Chelsea then :sergio:
5. Can/De Vrij - we haven't missed on them yet and we should do everything possible to get them for free next year.

Still, the mercato deserves at least a 7, maybe 8.
There was no such offer from Chelsea for Higuain.
My biggest regret of the window is not signing Tolisso.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)