Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
you want him to score a winning goal in CL final? many people said publicly before this past season started that Juve have what it takes to win CL, which means Beppe did his job. this summer remains to be seen, so far he has brought a promising striker and we parted ways with a retarded brazilian
:tup:

I'm as tired as anyone here is from selling our best players, but, that frustration aside I still trust the board. There is absolutely zero reason not to. THAT DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE PERFECT. Can't believe I have to spell it out like that because you know that's exactly how people will translate this post.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

I'm as tired as anyone here is from selling our best players, but, that frustration aside I still trust the board. There is absolutely zero reason not to. THAT DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE PERFECT. Can't believe I have to spell it out like that because you know that's exactly how people will translate this post.
Just like when someone criticizes Beppe IT DOESN'T MEAN WE ARE DOOMED ;)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Just like when someone criticizes Beppe IT DOESN'T MEAN WE ARE DOOMED ;)
Huge difference. Even having to repeat to you over and over again that calling our board criminals like Turk does or the absolute insanity one other poster always displays this time of year is annoying but I'll keep doing it. So here it goes again, try to follow along:

1.) Calling our board members criminals like Turk does is different. You seem smart, I'm sure you can see the difference.
2.) The constant insanity you see from BD every single summer is also different. I'm sure you can see the difference.

You know there is something wrong with those two ^^ when even Cronios is posting positive messages and trusts the board now. ;)

Apr 19, 2007
There is one glaring facr in how our board operates compared to the other teams teams that compete regularly in both the league and in Europe MONEY Our board cant fabricate this. Its not a sell or dont sell thing Its can we make a better team than the one we hve now and how can we do that with the money we currently have.
If we had the funds of MANU,PSG,Barca,Madrid,or Bayern then we could operate a little differently but we are buulding a team still. Its hard to believe that we are still in the building process but we are and we are operating like that. Attacking players are extremely expensive. We all complained so much during the Conte era when we had no good attackers but had a great defense. Well now we are slowly improving our attacking options and that takes money. Just our 4 attackers(Higgy,dybala,Mand,and Cuads) cost us180 million and we have all said we dont think those guys are good enough for us to win the CL. On top of that we are paying these guys higher wages than the rest of the teM BY AVERAGE. iF WE BRING IN ANOTHER aTTACKING PLAYER OF THIS CALIBER IT WILL BE 40-60 million plus 4-7 million net salary which is double that from the club. So if we want to bring in a winger that would put us over the top it would cost us in the range of 100 million over 4 years. Thats a big investment.

Mar 3, 2014

Tend to agree. They've done an immaculate job. Beppe is great, but has weaknesses.

His strengths:
-identifying and buying talent for good deals
-Signing great players on frees
-Making creative deals like those with Cuadrado in order to execute on our market objectives.
-Operating transfer operations early and doing so very effectively.

His weaknesses
-Typically players are let go too easily leading to underwhelming transfer fees or aspects of the deal that are frustrating for fans...For example Vidal sold for too little, Pogba sold, but too much of the fee going to Mino the Hog.
-Conducting business on a time crunch - leads to deals like Hernanes or nothing being done.
-Low balling too much which leads to either 1) teams being put off (Schalke)/ Zenit 2) Another team jumping in and grabbing the prize.

Nobody would doubt that he is excellent though.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Tend to agree. They've done an immaculate job. Beppe is great, but has weaknesses.

His strengths:
-identifying and buying talent for good deals
-Signing great players on frees
-Making creative deals like those with Cuadrado in order to execute on our market objectives.
-Operating transfer operations early and doing so very effectively.

His weaknesses
-Typically players are let go too easily leading to underwhelming transfer fees or aspects of the deal that are frustrating for fans...For example Vidal sold for too little, Pogba sold, but too much of the fee going to Mino the Hog.
-Conducting business on a time crunch - leads to deals like Hernanes or nothing being done.
-Low balling too much which leads to either 1) teams being put off (Schalke)/ Zenit 2) Another team jumping in and grabbing the prize.

Nobody would doubt that he is excellent though.

We
I think he has realized this in the past and is doing it less IMO. I think also that's why we see him starting early even way before the window opens to start getting the players we want before 1.) Other clubs jump in and 2.) because he low-balls he knows the negotiation process will take longer.

It's time to start keeping our better players though, I agree completely. But, they know better than we do so as fans all we can do is sit back and hope he has an Ace up his sleeves.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Nobody is blindly supporting him.

But people are acting like "omfg what a peasant director", while every club in europe wishes they had him
:sergio: :howler: I am sure Barca, Madrid, and Bayern are casting envious glances. They truly want the great Beppe in their midst. Let's not resort to hyperbole please. He has done more good than bad, but let's not make him out to be some god or messiah, which he isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Would you sell Beppe for 100M?
I'd let him go on a free :D

When is he contract up btw? :p

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
This thread is awesome. One camp thinks that the camp criticizing Beppe are too harsh on him given the great successes we had with him thus far. The second camp thinks the first camp are too lenient on Beppe because he is not building on those successes well enough to take the extra step.

Most probably both are in agreement... its just that each camp is emphasizing different aspects of what both recognize.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
There is one glaring facr in how our board operates compared to the other teams teams that compete regularly in both the league and in Europe MONEY Our board cant fabricate this. Its not a sell or dont sell thing Its can we make a better team than the one we hve now and how can we do that with the money we currently have.
If we had the funds of MANU,PSG,Barca,Madrid,or Bayern then we could operate a little differently but we are buulding a team still. Its hard to believe that we are still in the building process but we are and we are operating like that. Attacking players are extremely expensive. We all complained so much during the Conte era when we had no good attackers but had a great defense. Well now we are slowly improving our attacking options and that takes money. Just our 4 attackers(Higgy,dybala,Mand,and Cuads) cost us180 million and we have all said we dont think those guys are good enough for us to win the CL. On top of that we are paying these guys higher wages than the rest of the teM BY AVERAGE. iF WE BRING IN ANOTHER aTTACKING PLAYER OF THIS CALIBER IT WILL BE 40-60 million plus 4-7 million net salary which is double that from the club. So if we want to bring in a winger that would put us over the top it would cost us in the range of 100 million over 4 years. Thats a big investment.
That's a bunch of crock, we dropped 90 mil on one player

Apr 19, 2007
That's a bunch of crock, we dropped 90 mil on one player
Thats my point. We couldnt keep every player while bringing in those players. We decided that Khedira could fill the role of Vidal while adding Dybala in the attack and Pogba for Higuain. Are we a better team than if we kept those two players but had a bum up top? Thats your opinion to make but my posint was if you want real quality up top it takes a ton of money and the only way to do that for us in our financial situation is to sell other players

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:sergio: :howler: I am sure Barca, Madrid, and Bayern are casting envious glances. They truly want the great Beppe in their midst. Let's not resort to hyperbole please. He has done more good than bad, but let's not make him out to be some god or messiah, which he isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd let him go on a free :D

When is he contract up btw? :p
For the first time in 7 decades madrid got their shit togheter and keep it togheter. Lets see what happens if they fuck it up again. Its madrid, they will.

Bayern is in the unique position that teams develop amazing players, which they get on silly low fee's.

Looking at the glaring holes in the barcelona team, yes.

And every other team too.

The entire world praises Marotta. Except you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)