Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Any Italian club would beg on their knees for Marotta.

Lets wait and see how this mercato turns out. So far Marotta has given us amazing results, nothing to cry about. He made some retarded sales, yes, but we still managed to reach CL final. However, this summer mercato really worries me.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Any Italian club would beg on their knees for Marotta.

Lets wait and see how this mercato turns out. So far Marotta has given us amazing results, nothing to cry about. He made some retarded sales, yes, but we still managed to reach CL final. However, this summer mercato really worries me.
I think that what worries people more than anything right now is that with the exception of Schick, NOTHING has happened.

We are so used to having things completed by the first week of July, that people are kind of freaking out about the lack of activity.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I think that what worries people more than anything right now is that with the exception of Schick, NOTHING has happened.

We are so used to having things completed by the first week of July, that people are kind of freaking out about the lack of activity.
Nothing bar news and links towards players that are far from quality level that we need. It's like we have no ambition whatsoever.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Nothing bar news and links towards players that are far from quality level that we need. It's like we have no ambition whatsoever.
But that is all it is though.

News and links. No news coming out of Turin, so the speculation machine is working overtime.

Me? I choose to freak out once something happens.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
In regards to signing players? Perhaps

This same transfer strategy paved the road to reach 2 finals in 3 years is far from having "no ambition whatsoever"

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
In regards to signing players? Perhaps

This same transfer strategy paved the road to reach 2 finals in 3 years is far from having "no ambition whatsoever"
I never said that in previous years where we had both links that made sense & actual signings at this point.

That's why I said that this summer worries me.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Perez on James

"He is one of the best players in the world, he belongs to Madrid and Madrid players do not leave when they want to or their parents wants them to. We have to match the interests of the players with ours, but mostly those of Madrid."

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The entire world also laughed at us for splashing 90 million on Higuain.

The entire world is just fickle :D
:agree: 90 million on a guy who scores tons of goals in the league, a league we won five consecutive times without his presence. His output in Europe was outstanding though, especially considering we only paid 90 million for him :baus: :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Perez on James

"He is one of the best players in the world, he belongs to Madrid and Madrid players do not leave when they want to or their parents wants them to. We have to match the interests of the players with ours, but mostly those of Madrid."

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

But its still June.

And there are various international competitions going on or just about to end. Bernardeschi is only coming back from the u-21 championships in Poland.

- - - Updated - - -

Perez on James

I get his point and its shots fired at Marotta really, but then again having a player in your squad who wants out is not really good either tbh.
James isnt starter at Real. He would be starter in the teams who are trying to sign him.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

I think Marotta acknowledged this earlier on when he said that the first priority of the club this summer was to confirm that reputable players are staying with the club.

Furthermore I'm guessing that, our lack of signings so far, means two things. Despite all the rumors about Sandro, he definitely isn't leaving for sure, least not yet so there hasn't been a rush to spend that cash and that the club aren't desperate to make signings if the deals aren't right. I think in the past we have sometimes payed a premium for players in exchange for locking them down early in the window so we could confirm our squad as soon as possible and not take risks. Perhaps this is a new approach wherein the board is very comfortable with our current team, not as desperate to make a signing to fill a gap in the team and therefore more willing to wait and seek out the best deal.

Hardly any reason to panic just yet imo

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
My nightly two cents:

1.) I wish Marotta was more quiet about our dealings. Shut up to the media and keep the world guessing like Moggi used to do. Enough of these interviews, its frustrating for various reasons.

2.) IF WE SELL A KEY PLAYER IT SHOULD BE AFTER WE SIGN THE RIGHT REPLACEMENT! Enough of the reactionary buys. What good does it do us to sell Sandro for 70m and then instantly broadcast to the world we are actively seeking his replacement with 70m dollars to use. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot twice...tells the club you want to deal with you absolutely need that guy cuz you sold yours already and that you have a certain amount of cash in hand to use...

The Art of the Deal.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
My nightly two cents:

1.) I wish Marotta was more quiet about our dealings. Shut up to the media and keep the world guessing like Moggi used to do. Enough of these interviews, its frustrating for various reasons.

2.) IF WE SELL A KEY PLAYER IT SHOULD BE AFTER WE SIGN THE RIGHT REPLACEMENT! Enough of the reactionary buys. What good does it do us to sell Sandro for 70m and then instantly broadcast to the world we are actively seeking his replacement with 70m dollars to use. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot twice...tells the club you want to deal with you absolutely need that guy cuz you sold yours already and that you have a certain amount of cash in hand to use...

The Art of the Deal.
meh clubs are already going to know we raked in 100mil from the CL this season. theyre gonna try to jew us anyway

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The entire world also laughed at us for splashing 90 million on Higuain.

The entire world is just fickle :D
Higuain scored 32 goals in his debute season despite having spend 10+ games on supporting positions before he cemented his place, was crucial in the quarters and scored in the semi final.

'the entire world', is basically tuz because 90 mil on something else than Messi or Ronaldo is fucking shit bro. :baus:

Pretty much everyone else looks at how much Higuain scores and thinks it made us a much more dangerous team

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
The difference for Real is that JAmes is not really key or even first team player for them. We could deal with Asamoah or Lichtsteiner (like we did) beign unhappy, but if your key player is unhappy its different thing. Pretty sure if Ronaldo decides to leave he will have to sell him regardless of what he wants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)