Gianluigi Buffon (21 Viewers)

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
I want him to go back to Parma or retire. But seems like he will go to PSG. But I honestly believe our management knows what they're doing and know something we don't want to admit ourselves. Gigi is getting old and his mistakes were a little more common the past 2-3 seasons. Greatest keeper of all time for me. Grande Gigi. But it's better to move on from him before he really declined rather than see him become a shadow of his former self with our jersey on. Agnelli and co were ultimately right to let ADP go as much as that hurts me to say. So I'll trust them again.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
@Hydde You realizing that you're inventing theories and assume they're real by default? You know nothing buddy

Whats known is that Agnelli offered him a management position OR to continue playing for us (as he said in the press conference). The rest is Buffon's choice, if we don’t go into conspiracies.
Can you quote the part that makes you think Agnelli offered him to keep playing? I think FI might have butchered the translation, the rest of Agnelli's words make little sense if he wanted Buffon to continue playing for Juve

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
I didn't read or hear anything about Agnelli offering him a continued playing contract, he said he was content on retiring, until he got a few offers, he said he has a few offers on field, and some off field, and confirmed Agnelli made him an offer for off the field, nothing was said about on field at Juventus.

I don't know how anyone can judge Buffon, he wants to keep playing, If we thinks he can then he can go wherever he wants (Some exceptions ofc), a year at PSG isn't gonna change what anyone thinks of him, he is still gonna be synonymous with Juventus, in 5 years no one is going to say Buffon and people will think "PSG", they are going to think "GOAT goalkeeper" and "Juventus Legend"

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I'm disgusted every time news on Facebook flashes by. He is making a mockery out of himself. And Yes, it stains his legacy.
A bit? It would be a huge emabrassmebt for him.
For me this stains his legacy a bit if he goes to PSG
for you and all the others saying this stains his legacy, what exactly are you talking about? him playing for PSG doesn't concern his legacy at Juve one bit, PSG is nowhere near our rival.

his legacy as the GOAT keeper? I think we have to wait and see how it plays out not predict the future and say that he's going to do bad for them, I wouldn't be so sure

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I love him and IMO it makes perfect sense if he decides to go to PSG. From PSG point of view they look like a group of mercenaries right now, having the last football gentleman is a huge plus for them in the locker room and from Gigi perspective, the chance to get your last big check while living in París and maybe just maybe even have the posibility of winning the only cup he doesn't have... as I said, it makes sense

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta promises “the door is always open” for Gianluigi Buffon if he decides not to continue playing.

“Buffon is a great man, he left a wealth of great values,” Marotta told Striscia la Notizia, who awarded Buffon the Tapiro d’Oro.

“If he wants to play, go and play. If he doesn’t want to play, the door is always open for him at Juventus.”

The giornalists spoke also with Buffon himself.

“I’m happy, because I spent the best days of my life at Juventus,” Buffon said.

“I’m married to this club and the way it operates in every way. I can only thank the President, unfortunately the years pass. A cycle is over, there are younger are stronger goalkeepers.

“We all have to go at the right moment, and the moment was right.”

http://www.around-j.com/marotta-door-always-open-buffon/

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
My opinion is as subjective as yours, so we both could be wrong. You say i know nothing, thats fine, its your opinion, but please, dont sell me the idea of Agnelli giving Buffon the choice, ill not buy it. And from that onwards, you and me will disagree. I saw very well what happened with Alex, i dont need to invent any conspiracy. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

See, as much as i respect agnelli because i think he is a great president for juve (it has been demonstrated in the last 7 years), the guy can be an ass when dealing with legends.

The del piero saga says it all.

And i know Buffon would have not minded staying here in Juventus with less playing time. Juve is his home and that thing will never change. I dont think he would have abandoned ship just because the board asked for him to understand his situation. No way he would have chosen PSG just because of that.

Anyways, ill stop here, the idea of not having Buffon in the team is already very depressing. I dont want to continue remembering it.
If you think Agnelli is good, and he has to decide whether should keep on playing or retire, then it's not correct to blame Buffon for going to any other team!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If you think Agnelli is good, and he has to decide whether should keep on playing or retire, then it's not correct to blame Buffon for going to any other team!
IM not blaming Buffon. I just do not agree with his decition even if it makes kind of sense, as i think he is in a great moment to hang his gloves instead of trying his luck in another team not named Juve. But the paycheck is obsene , so i understand if he agrees.

About Agnelli, like i said, i also understand why he is taking the decition, but since im a romantic, i would have loved to see del piero and buffon retire here, logic apart.
From the presidents POV, in managerial terms, he is doing the right thing tho. Its just tough to swallow for me, seeing those 2 legends beeging to stay and getting denied, since i would never get tired of seeing del piero or Buffon playing. But the reality is that buffon was getting too old and we needed to look forward.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
IM not blaming Buffon. I just do not agree with his decition even if it makes kind of sense, as i think he is in a great moment to hang his gloves instead of trying his luck in another team not named Juve. But the paycheck is obsene , so i understand if he agrees.

About Agnelli, like i said, i also understand why he is taking the decition, but since im a romantic, i would have loved to see del piero and buffon retire here, logic apart.
From the presidents POV, in managerial terms, he is doing the right thing tho. Its just tough to swallow for me, seeing those 2 legends beeging to stay and getting denied, since i would never get tired of seeing del piero or Buffon playing. But the reality is that buffon was getting too old and we needed to look forward.
Lately the money part it's being pointed out a lot by posters, I'm sure that's not the reason Buffon is going to PSG, in the two coming years he has better chance of winning CHL with PSG than JUVE! Frankly PSG has a better chance of winning CHL than us, he's been obsessed with CHL so he wants to have that trophy on his cabinet. We haven't been fair to him to fulfill his desire since we've weakened our team each season! Our directors and coach have never expressed the desire to win CHL. At least they haven't work to that direction. Allegri's most repeated statement has been "to be in three competitions in March", and "To win Serie A and Coppa".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)